Clarity and Berserkitis

Although the central place for design discussion is ##crawl-dev on freenode, some may find it helpful to discuss requests and suggestions here first.

Lair Larrikin

Post Thursday, 30th March 2017, 00:09

Clarity and Berserkitis

Instead of Clarity entirely nullifying forced berserks, like from the berserk mutation, I think it should give you a choice of whether or not a random berserk happens.

Like at a time when you would end up having a forced berserk, you could get the message A wave of anger washes over you or something like that, and then be given the choice of whether or not to give in. Since it would be unfair to suddenly have an automatic intrinsic berserk ability, Clarity would either have a chance of failing, or the berserk mutation would be drastically reduced in activation chance.

I just felt like it was somewhat pointless to have a berserk mutation and then have another mutation that completely nullifies it.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 30th March 2017, 01:18

Re: Clarity and Berserkitis

A lot of mutations nullify other mutations, the catch is that it usually prevents you from having both at once, for example slow healing vs fast healing - you can only ever have one at a time. It could be that we should update clarity and berserkitis to be conflicting, but aside from that, I wouldn't want them to have any other interactions, like letting the user control activations, or even just cancel random activations. Berserkitis should be a negative mutation, and I'd rather disable it than turn it into a good or semi-good one when combined with clarity.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 30th March 2017, 01:43

Re: Clarity and Berserkitis

Remove the clarity/berserk interaction altogether imo. It's pretty pointless now that the amulet is gone.

For this message the author duvessa has received thanks: 2
johlstei, Shard1697

Return to Game Design Discussion