Change Punk's Tile to a Fustibalus

Although the central place for design discussion is ##crawl-dev on freenode, some may find it helpful to discuss requests and suggestions here first.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Sunday, 19th February 2017, 22:23

Change Punk's Tile to a Fustibalus

A recent character training slings found Punk in the lower Dungeon and used it as the primary killdudes for the Lair branches and much of Vaults. Having previously taken a hunting sling to mindelay, I looked at Punk's tile and seeing no stick, did not train Slings further. It wasn't until I saw "fustibalus" in the game-end morgue that I realized I'd been using it all game at speed 8. Of course I should have looked at the item description, so yes this is an "I did something stupid so change the game please to protect me from myself" GDD post. But it is a small change, and the tile does give misleading information about the item type.
Won (52). Remaining (15): 5 species: Ba, Fe, Mu, Na, Op; 5 Backgrounds: AM, Wr, Su, AE, Ar; 5 gods: Jiyv, newNem, WJC, newSif, newFedh

For this message the author MainiacJoe has received thanks: 5
duvessa, Ge0ff, nago, Sar, VeryAngryFelid

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Monday, 20th February 2017, 20:29

Re: Change Punk's Tile to a Fustibalus

Here is a sample tile I made with my poor image editing skills.
PunkMainiacJoe.png
PunkMainiacJoe.png (1.08 KiB) Viewed 1514 times
I took the plain fustibalus tile, changed the shaft to candy-striped chartreuse, and changed the cup to glowing magenta.
Won (52). Remaining (15): 5 species: Ba, Fe, Mu, Na, Op; 5 Backgrounds: AM, Wr, Su, AE, Ar; 5 gods: Jiyv, newNem, WJC, newSif, newFedh

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Monday, 20th February 2017, 20:30

PunkMainiacJoeInDungeon.png
PunkMainiacJoeInDungeon.png (22.04 KiB) Viewed 1514 times
I even figured out how to change Punk's tile in my offline install and test it in wizmode against various backgrounds. I guess it looks okay.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Monday, 20th February 2017, 23:27

I submitted the tile, we'll see what comes of it.

https://crawl.develz.org/mantis/view.php?id=10946

For this message the author MainiacJoe has received thanks: 3
PlatinumSpider, shping, tasonir

Return to Game Design Discussion