Injury Bond idea & Seraph CLARITY buff

Although the central place for design discussion is ##crawl-dev on freenode, some may find it helpful to discuss requests and suggestions here first.

Shoals Surfer

Post Tuesday, 3rd January 2017, 20:55

Injury Bond idea & Seraph CLARITY buff

As you know, Ironheart Preservers and Seraphs have a special ability that allows them to redirect damage from allies to themselves:
Casts injury bond, which makes it take half of the damage inflicted upon nearby allies in place of that ally, and generally accompanies bands of other creatures.

Ironheart Preserver is probably fine as it is, but in the case of Seraph who, as far as I can tell, is supposed to be an epic boss battle, this ability actually makes easier to defeat it. After it summons holies, you can quickly take down the seraph by using an AOE ability that hits all other holies at the same time (and preferably the Seraph along with it).

Suggestion: "Covenant": Rather than redirecting half of all damage from allies to the caster, link the life force of of all affected allies including the user together: Evenly distribute X% damage taken by any of them evenly amongst all of them.

Can someone check that sentence for grammar, please. We no speak Americano.

I guess what I'm trying to say is: make it work like spirit link from Tauren Spirit Walker in Warcraft III.

---

Mention somewhere that Seraph's summon holies cannot be abjured. I'm assuming this has something to do with TSO. I think there is no way of actually figuring that out in the game atm.

Clarity buffs!

Shoals Surfer

Post Tuesday, 3rd January 2017, 21:03

Re: Injury Bond idea & Seraph CLARITY buff

NGL, Thought this was a post about giving clarity to Seraphs.

All things considered in terms of buffing seraphs ally protection... for the love of Chei no these are already the most obnoxious enemy, worse than the unique pan/hell lords at times. They do not need fatter frens.

In terms of displaying accurate information in XV the no-abjuration thing is a pretty good call.

Shoals Surfer

Post Tuesday, 3rd January 2017, 21:06

Re: Injury Bond idea & Seraph CLARITY buff

NhorianScum wrote:NGL, Thought this was a post about giving clarity to Seraphs.

Oops, I can see now how the term clarity could be misleading in this game...

Return to Game Design Discussion