Post Saturday, 10th December 2016, 21:55

Some rant and suggestions for new Zot teleport mechanic

We know how many people dislike Tomb because of stairdancing, right? Now we got the same thing in Zot except worse.
See the vault below

It has all 3 stairs in view of each other with monsters coming from all 4 sides. Unresistable torment, unresistable blink allies encicling, unresistable blink away, unresistable constriction, unresistable berserk, unresistable mana draining. Do you see the picture? It's all unresistable, I can do nothing about it except stairdance. And yes, I had all these in this fight, the picture is after my fifth(!) stairdance, I have just entered the level.

So I have the following suggestions:

1) Display "Are you sure you want to teleport, it will be delayed" confirmation when player tries to teleport first time in Zot. (it can be disabled by "display_slow_teleport_warning=always|never|first_only" with "first_only" as default. It took me quite some time to realize why the teleport takes more than normal, so I had to retreat upstairs to survive and it teleported me on upper level.

2) Add "Seal doors" spell to Draconian Shifters.

3) Make -Tele items do nothing to prevent hostile teleportation (Blink Away, Teleport Other, distortion hits). It is boring to have a ring with -Tele in Snakes Pit and Zot. It can be removed in 0.5 turn but stops some of the nastiest monster spells.
Underestimated: cleaving, Deep Elf, Formicid, Vehumet, EV
Overestimated: AC, GDS
Twin account of Sandman25

For this message the author VeryAngryFelid has received thanks: 3
chequers, Shard1697, ydeve