Post Wednesday, 21st September 2016, 14:44

Autotravel, autopickup and ammo

I often get amazing longbow or crossbow during middle/late game and it means I should:
1) change autopickup of corresponding missiles
2) use ctrl+f with "arrow" or "bolt", then press enter to travel to selected item in the list, then press o (for autoexplore to pick up all bolts/arrows)
3) use ctrl+f with enter, then press enter to travel to selected item in the list, then press o
4) repeat previous step as long as there are still arrows/bolts remaining.

Problem.
It is not fun to spend real-time on 4). Alternative solution is to autopickup both bolts and arrows right from turn 0 but it means losing piety (I failed to get a better weapon than +4 great mace of venom from Trog in 3 rune game despite staying at 5-6* most of the time), losing 2 inventory slots and does not look correct from design standpoint IMHO. It is optimal to pickup all those missiles when you need them because you have already survived the hardest floors.

Proposed solution.
If player has lots of missiles (100 or maybe 200?), then there is no any tactical limitation of ammo for the purpose of visiting already explored territory to pickup extra ammo so I suggest to add a special key in ctrl+f interface to instantly move all those arrows or bolts to inventory.

If ammo removal is expected in 0.19 or 0.20, then I think the proposal should be ignored (probably it will be ignored anyway ;-))
Underestimated: cleaving, Deep Elf, Formicid, Vehumet, EV
Overestimated: AC, GDS
Twin account of Sandman25