Sleeping turtles

Although the central place for design discussion is ##crawl-dev on freenode, some may find it helpful to discuss requests and suggestions here first.

Lair Larrikin

Post Wednesday, 21st September 2016, 22:13

Sleeping turtles

Since snapping turtles no longer retract into their shells when low on health. How about having them retracted when asleep? (same conditions as having the zz icon added in tiles) Would make stabbing them more interesting, and make enscorcled hibernation an interesting choice.

Shoals Surfer

Post Wednesday, 21st September 2016, 22:32

Re: Sleeping turtles

Doesn't seem very significant to me, stab damage is insane anyway, and this change wouldn't modify anyone's behavior (stabbers would still seek to stab sleeping snapping turtles, and actually, you are kind of wrong - the change would slightly incentivize confuse-stabbing instead, though not enough to be a relevant factor). If the snapping turtle survived the sleep-stab while retracted, it'd just come out of its shell and combat would continue as normal. "Slightly reduce stabbing damage against snapping turtles only when they are sleeping" just doesn't seem like a big deal to me.
If I play online, I do so under the screenname Marenglen.

For this message the author Malevolent has received thanks: 2
duvessa, nago

Return to Game Design Discussion