Could not pick up an item here; shall I ignore it?

Although the central place for design discussion is ##crawl-dev on freenode, some may find it helpful to discuss requests and suggestions here first.

Blades Runner

Post Sunday, 11th September 2016, 12:53

Could not pick up an item here; shall I ignore it?

"[Y]es or [N]o only, please."

What if instead of providing only these two options, crawl followed what is now nearly universal practice in software interface design by allowing the player to make a decision that the program would remember next time this situation arises? For example, "Do you want to pick up this wand of flame?" "How about this one?" -- this is not so good.

What would be good is to be able to say once and for all that you don't want to pick up wands of flames without entering a five page list of items to check off one by one all the garbage items you don't want to be bothered with and to be able to do this in the normal course of play.
The Original Discourse Respecter

For this message the author goodcoolguy has received thanks: 10
and into, Cimanyd, Ge0ff, ManMan, nago, Quazifuji, Sar, scorpionwarrior, VeryAngryFelid, yesno

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Sunday, 11th September 2016, 13:24

Re: Could not pick up an item here; shall I ignore it?

[A]lways ignore
I Feel the Need--the Need for Beer
Spoiler: show
3DSBeTr 15DSFiRu 3DSMoNe 3FoHuGo 3TrArOk 3HOFEVe 3MfGlOk 4GrEEVe 3BaIEChei 3HuMoOka 3MiWnQaz 3VSFiAsh 3DrTmMakh 3DSCKXom 3OgMoOka 3NaFiOka 3FoFiOka 3MuFEVeh 3CeHuOka 3TrMoTSO 3DEFESif 3DSMoOka 3DSFiOka

For this message the author Shtopit has received thanks: 8
and into, Cimanyd, ManMan, nago, Quazifuji, tedric, ydeve, yesno

Return to Game Design Discussion