Warn when casting a summon at cap

Although the central place for design discussion is ##crawl-dev on freenode, some may find it helpful to discuss requests and suggestions here first.

Halls Hopper

Post Sunday, 11th September 2016, 21:18

Warn when casting a summon at cap

Currently when you cast a summon spell when you are already at cap for the summon you just replace one of the summons, this can result in accidental overcast if you don't know the cap. I'd like to see a warning with a do you want to continue prompt the first time you try to overcast. That way you get the warning at first but if you want to shuffle through a summon list to get the right ally you still can.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Sunday, 11th September 2016, 22:03

Re: Warn when casting a summon at cap

Well, it also allows you to refresh your summon, so it isn't actually a purely useless or deleterious action.
I Feel the Need--the Need for Beer
Spoiler: show
3DSBeTr 15DSFiRu 3DSMoNe 3FoHuGo 3TrArOk 3HOFEVe 3MfGlOk 4GrEEVe 3BaIEChei 3HuMoOka 3MiWnQaz 3VSFiAsh 3DrTmMakh 3DSCKXom 3OgMoOka 3NaFiOka 3FoFiOka 3MuFEVeh 3CeHuOka 3TrMoTSO 3DEFESif 3DSMoOka 3DSFiOka

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Sunday, 11th September 2016, 23:09

Re: Warn when casting a summon at cap

Well, neither is attacking unarmed, but there's a warning for that.

I would say a y/n warning that can be suppressed via option would be fine.
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

For this message the author Siegurt has received thanks: 3
and into, genericpseudonym, vergil

Return to Game Design Discussion