FR: Give allied oklob plants strength adjective

Although the central place for design discussion is ##crawl-dev on freenode, some may find it helpful to discuss requests and suggestions here first.

Barkeep

Post Tuesday, 30th August 2016, 15:17

FR: Give allied oklob plants strength adjective

OK. Maybe this is because I'm a dumbass, but I somehow failed to realize that the way Fedhas evolution works is that you create an oklob plant and its HD is set by invocations, and HD determines firing rate and HP. I'd thought that existing oklobs checked the PC's invo when acting, somehow, and thought that was really weird and opaque. Maybe I'm not the only person who's been confused about this?

I think adding an adjective to evolved oklob plants might fix this -- there are four descriptive breakpoints in describing the evolution process ('somewhat quickly', 'rather quickly', 'quickly', 'continuously') so maybe describing evolved oklobs as 'tiny', 'small', 'large', and 'enormous' for those same HD ranges would work? For me, it would totally drive home "this is a tiny oklob plant and it will be forever tiny."

I will also happily accept "No, njvack, you are the only person who thought this."
I am not a very good player. My mouth is a foul pit of LIES. KNOW THIS.

For this message the author njvack has received thanks: 8
arandomperson12, Arrhythmia, bcadren, dracos369, nago, PleasingFungus, Sprucery, VeryAngryFelid

Blades Runner

Post Tuesday, 30th August 2016, 18:19

Re: FR: Give allied oklob plants strength adjective

Lots of people in the Bay12 thread have thought that oklobs are affected by current, not initial, Invocations skill IIRC. This would be a good change.
twelwe wrote:It's like Blink, but you end up drowning.

For this message the author jwoodward48ss has received thanks:
VeryAngryFelid

Return to Game Design Discussion