Give Poison Magic acid

Although the central place for design discussion is ##crawl-dev on freenode, some may find it helpful to discuss requests and suggestions here first.

Swamp Slogger

Post Monday, 18th July 2016, 23:21

Give Poison Magic acid

I think this has been mentioned before, but it seems an obvious and mechanically thematic solution. Both are theoretically chemical attack types of a kind, both apply a status effect as a major part of the attack, and it has been said again and again how much it sucks that Poison lacks spells above level six and generally contains few spells (and has now even lost Cure Poison). This may require that more enemies gain rCorr, I suppose. The idea would be that such Acid based spells generally do poor damage, but of course attempt to apply corrosion as well. This would ideally make a "pure" venom mage more viable late-game, but the corrosion mechanic also encourages hybridization by applying a debuff, so I think the overall feel of the Venom Mage wanting to train combat skills would be preserved.

This is just an abstract for now - I'll put together some actual spell proposals if there isn't a strong reason why this shouldn't happen.
"This spell will have no effect right now because your brain is too dead to use."

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Monday, 18th July 2016, 23:22

Re: Give Poison Magic acid

That poison magic has no spells about level 6 is one of the best things about the spell school IMO.
take it easy

Dungeon Master

Post Monday, 18th July 2016, 23:24

Arrhythmia wrote:That poison magic has no spells about level 6 is one of the best things about the spell school IMO.

What are your reasons for your opinion?

Dungeon Master

Post Monday, 18th July 2016, 23:25

https://crawl.develz.org/wiki/doku.php? ... ng:wont_do

See also: many old threads on the topic.

Return to Game Design Discussion