Post Thursday, 14th July 2016, 03:13

ideas to shuffle and tweak Zin and Elyvilon

No powers unless explicitly included (so no life-saving):

ZIN
0*: Donate Gold
1*: Recite
2*: Purification
3*: Imprison
4*: active Str/Int/Dex/HP/MP boost (crib Vit + DV)
5*: either passive suppression of mutations or passive immunity to malmutating effects

ELYVILON
1*: Lesser Healing
2*: passively see any monster's exact HP and max HP
3*: Pacify AKA Heal Other (but show success chance; np due to 2*)
4*: Greater Healing
5*: Sanctuary

Ely needs flavor more than Zin needs flavor, so Ely gets Sanctuary, which is cool and flavorful and has synergy with healing - sorry, Zin, you got enough shiny toys.

Re-flavor Elyvilon's healing as something it's just interested in, curious about, and good at. Like a hobby, rather than a means to aid the weak or whatever. (Ely could also use "noticing monsters" for piety gain, instead of exploration.) Heal Other could even be reflavored as "derange" and give the "insane" status. Ely, a mad doc that got friendly with the gold and silver duo.

I like that Ely becomes a pure HP-watching god, plus just the signature perk of also letting you pacify monsters. Zin stays complicated.

I have to admit I didn't think of one thing before I read Shard's recent thread: the overlap between Purification and Vitalization. Of these two, Purification has to be more interesting. Pur combines strategic and tactical benefits for the same piety cost, which is interesting. Pur has to be activated after getting into trouble, when stakes are higher and more stuff is going on and you could get re-afflicted immediately, rather than doing it once at the beginning of a fight and being immune to the same effects.

For this message the author HardboiledGargoyle has received thanks: 2
Laraso, Shard1697