Stop Auto Explore Once You Pick Up Enough Gold to Afford the

Although the central place for design discussion is ##crawl-dev on freenode, some may find it helpful to discuss requests and suggestions here first.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Sunday, 10th July 2016, 23:49

Stop Auto Explore Once You Pick Up Enough Gold to Afford the

Most Expensive Item on Your Shopping List.

So you spot the +10 PDA of Xom's Love {rF+, rC+, rPois, rElec} in a shop, and put it on your shopping list. You continue adventuring, only to forget about this fantastic item, and only to remember that you could have bought it once you have twice as much gold as you need! Stopping auto-explore once you cross that threshold would be a very nice quality of life improvement.
take it easy

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 11th July 2016, 01:17

Re: Stop Auto Explore Once You Pick Up Enough Gold to Afford

You can add the shopping list message thing as an explore_stop. This would stop for getting enough gold for any item on your shopping list, of course, but that sounds more useful to me anyway since the most expensive item on your list is not always the one you want the most.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Monday, 11th July 2016, 01:22

crate wrote:You can add the shopping list message thing as an explore_stop. This would stop for getting enough gold for any item on your shopping list, of course, but that sounds more useful to me anyway since the most expensive item on your list is not always the one you want the most.

I considered that, but I usually have quiet a bit of shit on my shopping list, and stopping because I can afford the fruits, and then the rations, and then the royal jellies, would be a little annoying.
take it easy

Mines Malingerer

Post Monday, 11th July 2016, 01:36

crate wrote:You can add the shopping list message thing as an explore_stop. This would stop for getting enough gold for any item on your shopping list, of course, but that sounds more useful to me anyway since the most expensive item on your list is not always the one you want the most.

Adding that to the force more doesn't actually work until the autoexplore stops later on, on it's own. If you have an explore delay you can interrupt travel quickly after the prompt, though.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 11th July 2016, 02:41

I said as an explore stop, not as a force_more. I'm too lazy to look up the exact term.

For this message the author crate has received thanks:
Dracunos

Mines Malingerer

Post Monday, 11th July 2016, 03:07

crate wrote:I said as an explore stop, not as a force_more. I'm too lazy to look up the exact term.

Code:
runrest_stop_message

Great, thank you!

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Monday, 11th July 2016, 14:07

You put food rations on your shopping list? Isn't it just as easy to ctrl+F that kind of stuff when you need it?

Not that that has any bearing on your request, it just struck me as odd.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Monday, 11th July 2016, 19:26

dowan wrote:You put food rations on your shopping list? Isn't it just as easy to ctrl+F that kind of stuff when you need it?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
take it easy

For this message the author Arrhythmia has received thanks:
dowan

Vestibule Violator

Post Tuesday, 12th July 2016, 04:31

dowan wrote:You put food rations on your shopping list? Isn't it just as easy to ctrl+F that kind of stuff when you need it?

With food rations specifically it is - just search "food" - but you can have many things that you kind of want but not now, like enchant armour, remove curse, 17th agility, etc. Later on when you have spare money, thinking of everything you might need and ctrl-F for it is much worse than pressing $.
Won all race/bg, unwon (online): Nem* Hep Uka
Favourites: 15-rune Trog, OgNe/OgIE/OgSu (usually Ash), Ds, Ru, SpEn, Ce of Chei, Qaz

For this message the author rchandra has received thanks:
dowan

Return to Game Design Discussion