Let players add item to shopping list from Find menu

Although the central place for design discussion is ##crawl-dev on freenode, some may find it helpful to discuss requests and suggestions here first.

Blades Runner

Post Thursday, 30th June 2016, 22:45

Let players add item to shopping list from Find menu

Sometimes when I am exploring shops, I forget to add something to my shopping list, and I don't want to go back to the store... It would be good if players could add items to shopping list from Find menu, maybe by pressing '$' while reading description.
Last edited by yesno on Friday, 1st July 2016, 00:29, edited 1 time in total.

For this message the author yesno has received thanks: 8
Cheibrodos, dracos369, Dracunos, Laraso, Lasty, Sandman25, tedric, ydeve

Mines Malingerer

Post Thursday, 30th June 2016, 23:33

Re: Lett players add item to shopping list from Find menu

I agree that being able to add them to the shopping list directly from the find menu would be an improvement, if possible. Maybe add it to the '!' list of actions.

Currently it's possible to add items to your shopping list from afar.. Find the item you want, hit 'travel' to map to the shop, then hit 'v', to examine the shop to get it's name. Then find the shop itself (or just search for all the shops and look through everything) and view it, and add items. If there's a simpler way, please let me know.

Swamp Slogger

Post Tuesday, 5th July 2016, 01:55

Re: Let players add item to shopping list from Find menu

It was indeed possible in 0.17! Try it yourself: ctrl-f for the item, toggle with '!', item letter, toggle with '!', item letter, done!
And 0.18 killed this. (Why?)
Well, hey, on the bright side now when you ctrl-f for "shop" you get just list of shops, not list of shops and all the junk they have.

And while we are on the shop topic, here is the tiny thing that also bugs Me:
When one marks a set of items for purchase, items that couldn't be bought along with the set, turn yellow. Very nice feature! Now the thing in 0.18:
If item 'a' costs X gold, you have Y gold and 2*X<=Y then item 'a' stays green after it was marked for purchase, but if 2*X>Y it turns yellow - as if game wants to tell you that you won't be able to purchase a hypothetical twin of item 'a' after you buy said item. In 0.17 it stayed green in both cases.
P.S. I haven't checked but the last commit on the shop topic could have had this fixed (yellow-green thing not the OP issue).

Offtopic grunting:
0.18 was my least favourite release, and not because of the amulet reform - I think it was for the good. 0.18 brought a bunch of little annoying bugs that broke things which worked just fine in 0.17: aforementioned shop issues, apportation issue (target cycle included items behind walls, fixed in 0.18.1), finding stairs in shift-X issue (sometimes unreachable stairs were offered as closest, fixed in 0.19), fog issue (not fixed). Probably there is a couple more that I don't remember right now.
If you spot a grammar mistake in my post I will appreciate if you PM it.

For this message the author Yermak has received thanks: 2
Dracunos, rchandra

Return to Game Design Discussion