why are the online controls diffrent

Although the central place for design discussion is ##crawl-dev on freenode, some may find it helpful to discuss requests and suggestions here first.

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Friday, 17th June 2016, 20:56

why are the online controls diffrent

its so hard having to memorize all these wacky key commands for everything you do online compared to the offline version which has a lot of cool mouse control support which are a lot nicer and feel better to use.

i know u might say that "im noob" and that i cant learn key controls but i use plenty of hte key controls in dungeon crawl stone soup and i plpay dwarf fortress a lot also.

For this message the author chesse20 has received thanks: 2
Arrhythmia, duvessa

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Friday, 17th June 2016, 21:00

Re: why are the online controls diffrent

I'm wondering this too. Getting used to online was annoying at first. Why DOESN'T it have mouse support?

Dungeon Master

Post Friday, 17th June 2016, 21:03

Because it would take a significant amount of effort to implement and nobody wants to do it.

For this message the author ontoclasm has received thanks:
Arrhythmia

Swamp Slogger

Post Saturday, 25th June 2016, 04:22

ontoclasm wrote:Because it would take a significant amount of effort to implement and nobody wants to do it.

Perhaps a reminder somewhere to show what the shortcut is for the control list when you first start a new character?
"Crawl is cruel. But we keep coming back to it like an abusive boyfriend. It keeps telling us how it will be different this time by giving us early robes of the archmagi and staves of fire. Then it backhands you with a Centaur on D4." ~Me

Return to Game Design Discussion