Proposal: Killing Enemies Spawns Blood Potions

Although the central place for design discussion is ##crawl-dev on freenode, some may find it helpful to discuss requests and suggestions here first.

Vestibule Violator

Post Sunday, 12th June 2016, 06:18

Proposal: Killing Enemies Spawns Blood Potions

Upon defeating enemies as a vampire, create a potion of blood in your inventory if they drop a corpse, and leave the corpse there(most uses for corpses anyway have nothing to do with blood).

It would be extremely convenient, it greatly reduces the tedium of the game as a vampire, and there is essentially 0 effect on balance or any other aspect of the game. The only argument I can see opposed to this would be blood potions cluttering your inventory even though I can't imagine a single situation where you wouldn't want to carry them, but I figured it was worth mentioning.

Also, as a side note, default blood potions to 'q' so you can just double click the q button like you do with channeling for sif muna('aa').

EDIT: I just realized this would also make Vampire of Gozag possible, or would it? I guess that decision is up to the devs preference.
To all new players: Ignore all strategy guides posted on the wiki, ask questions in the Advice forum, players with lots of posts normally have the best advice.

crawl.akrasiac.org:8080 <- take this link to play online or spectate.

For this message the author Tiktacy has received thanks: 3
Arrhythmia, duvessa, nago

Slime Squisher

Post Sunday, 12th June 2016, 17:44

Re: Proposal: Killing Enemies Spawns Blood Potions

Also, make killing enemies as a non-vegetarian spawn chunks inside your belly.

For this message the author genericpseudonym has received thanks: 3
Arrhythmia, Tiktacy, ydeve

Blades Runner

Post Sunday, 12th June 2016, 18:05

Re: Proposal: Killing Enemies Spawns Blood Potions

u can use your rc to set blood to q or anything else, but i suggested a while ago that blood should just be a food item, not a potion, and be consumed with 'e'. i don't think it's a priority item right now, tho perhaps it would be worth trying to submit a patch...

butchering itself is annoying for all characters so i don't see anything peculiar to vp here.. goldified chunks/blood acquired automatically upon defeating some edible enemies would improve the game for everyone.

Return to Game Design Discussion