Autocast {r,d}Missiles on rest

Although the central place for design discussion is ##crawl-dev on freenode, some may find it helpful to discuss requests and suggestions here first.

Tomb Titivator

Post Wednesday, 24th February 2016, 17:09

Autocast {r,d}Missiles on rest

This is inspired by this post viewtopic.php?f=9&t=19177

These spells aren't my favorite but I think it would be pretty reasonable to be able to always cast them when resting if they aren't up, at least if they're at some failure threshold. Autoexplore is iffier but I would still try out the option. I know charms are being re-examined but I don't think that needs to hold up a simple quality-of-life change. I don't see much downside to doing this, especially if you do it towards the end of whatever resting you do so you never are coerced into a 0 mana situation.

For this message the author johlstei has received thanks:
PowerOfKaishin

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Thursday, 25th February 2016, 23:21

Re: Autocast {r,d}Missiles on rest

HEY THAT'S MY POST. I approve of this change. You bring up a good point for autoexplore, which I think is simply solved by having rmsl only cast when at full MP. There's no way you can continuously autoexplore without eventually hitting max MP. It's just not happening.

If charms are being re-examined than this can at least be used as a crutch in the mean time.

Return to Game Design Discussion