Let lightning spires be affected by haste

Although the central place for design discussion is ##crawl-dev on freenode, some may find it helpful to discuss requests and suggestions here first.

Shoals Surfer

Post Sunday, 24th January 2016, 20:48

Let lightning spires be affected by haste

Why aren't they? I don't see any reason why they should constitute an exception (the only one I know, although I'm sure there are others, equally arbitrary).
Other non-living and/or magic immune summons can all be hasted (to my knowledge); I don't know about statues specifically, since I don't know any other way to have a statue ally.
In any case, allowing them to be hasted would help with consistency and I doubt it would be OP by any stretch of the imagination (this only came about because I found myself in the unusual situation as a Su of having haste much earlier than any high level summoning spell; I'd rather be hasting hydras and sphinxes if I could).

For this message the author asdu has received thanks:
nago

Tomb Titivator

Post Sunday, 24th January 2016, 22:35

Re: Let lightning spires be affected by haste

monsters with the stationary flag cannot be hasted nor slowed even though they don't have stasis (stasis would explain it, since stasis blocks haste and slow; statues do have -Tele though, which rather makes sense, but -Tele does not block haste nor slow, nor should it.)

oklobs aren't magic immune and can be allies

so some dev must have put in the "monsters with the stationary flag cannot be hasted nor slowed" rule, on purpose, because it seemed better to make an exception. maybe arbitrary exceptions were a fad back then. to which we should extend out sympathies and understanding. then mercilessly dispose of it.

Vestibule Violator

Post Wednesday, 27th January 2016, 21:22

If stationary monsters can't be hasted/slowed, then if you change things so that certain stationary monsters can be hasted/slowed, that would introduce an exception.

Pandemonium Purger

Post Thursday, 28th January 2016, 01:33

Hurkyl wrote:If stationary monsters can't be hasted/slowed, then if you change things so that certain stationary monsters can be hasted/slowed, that would introduce an exception.

That would introduce and exception to an exception, you are correct. However, you could just remove the first exception and allow stationary monsters to be hasted/slowed.
http://crawl.akrasiac.org/scoring/playe ... speon.html. I started playing in 0.16.1
I achieved greatplayer in less than a year.
Remove food

For this message the author WingedEspeon has received thanks: 2
duvessa, nago

Return to Game Design Discussion