FR: Give Yellow Draconians +2 Conjurations

Although the central place for design discussion is ##crawl-dev on freenode, some may find it helpful to discuss requests and suggestions here first.

Swamp Slogger

Post Thursday, 14th January 2016, 16:33

FR: Give Yellow Draconians +2 Conjurations

Acid is pretty functionally similar to pure energy, considering so few monsters actually have resistance to it. (I'm looking at you, OOFs, Hell sentinels ...)

... so why not give the most bummed out Dr a buff?

Barkeep

Post Thursday, 14th January 2016, 20:49

Re: FR: Give Yellow Draconians +2 Conjurations

I'm pretty sure the tradeoff here is that, while you don't get buffed aptitudes, you do get a faster breath weapon (that, as you point out, few monsters can resist) and a strong aux attack. Adding +2 conj to that wouldn't really pair well, imo. It might be cute to give them a +1 to fighting or something, but I don't think it's necessary.

For this message the author archaeo has received thanks:
dynast

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Thursday, 14th January 2016, 22:49

I once proposed that yellow would get +2 to transmutations since acid is related to jellies that are related to jiyva that is related to transmutations. But, as arch pointed out, yellow doesnt really need any buffes, acid spit is one of the best breath weapons as in it can damage pretty much anything and is useful for softening enemies while acidic fangs is one of the best aux attacks.
If anything, mottled needs a +1 to evocations(same as pale) since it has the worst breath weapon in the game(not saying it is bad, but it is the worst) receives resistance to the rarest sources of damage in the game that can be mitigated by just having rf+, doesnt receive any aux attacks and only a +1 to fire apt.
You shall never see my color again.

Pandemonium Purger

Post Friday, 15th January 2016, 03:46

Acidic saliva is OP as #!$%. They also get a good break weapon. +2 or +1 transmutations could be nice flavor but isn't really necessary.
http://crawl.akrasiac.org/scoring/playe ... speon.html. I started playing in 0.16.1
I achieved greatplayer in less than a year.
Remove food

Abyss Ambulator

Post Friday, 15th January 2016, 07:10

dynast wrote:If anything, mottled needs a +1 to evocations(same as pale) since it has the worst breath weapon in the game.

How in the world did you lump pale into there?? It is hands down the best breath weapon.

Sar

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 15th January 2016, 07:25

Pale dracs get +1 Evocations.

Abyss Ambulator

Post Friday, 15th January 2016, 10:20

Ahh totally misunderstood what he meant..

Return to Game Design Discussion