God Proposal: Mummy-restricted diety

Although the central place for design discussion is ##crawl-dev on freenode, some may find it helpful to discuss requests and suggestions here first.

Halls Hopper

Post Saturday, 23rd January 2016, 14:29

God Proposal: Mummy-restricted diety

Recently inspired thought about Mummy-restricted Diety which would allow Holy Mummies to exist. Say... why not? We have single-race restricted Beogh, non-undead restricted Zin and TSO. How about adding single race,non-living restricted <put the name here>.

Had hard times searching forum for a proposal similar to this ( in hope it won't turn out to be yet another clone) so please note this might not be very original :(

Ptahubus ( random at this moment)

" When he ascends and lifts himself to the sky." ( random text quote from The Piramid Texts)

Appreciates:

Killing.
Converting undead to Ptahubus servants.

Depreciates:

Harming Ptahubus servants. (neutral undeads/mummies)
Abandoning him.

RANKS/ABILITIES:

Piety Level -: Pyramid Builder

* All Mummies turn neutral. (passive)

Piety Level *: Right Hand

* Lead Us:
Costs: 1-2 Piety, 5 MP ( success chance should be monster hd and characters lvl, piety-based)
Works as Control Undead + Animate Dead( power depends on piety). Converts Neutral Enemies only.

Piety Level **: The Arm
"Protect Thee!"
* Sacred Bandages:
Costs: 5 piety, 5mp. Duration: Invocations*2.
Grants Temporary rF+, Dispel Undead, Holy Brand Resistance ( Piety/2 % damage shave reduction, 100% - complete immunity at max piety), regeneration+.
* Zombies have chance ( depends on HD) to turn into neutral Mummies. (passive)

Piety Level ***: The Head

* All Guardian Mummies turn neutral. (passive)
* Mummies have chance ( depends on HD) to turn into Guardian Mummies. (passive).

Piety Level ****: The Body

"Spirits Proctect Thee"

* Guardian Mummies have chance to turn into neutral Mummy Priests. (passive).
* Your LOS darkens -1. Every 10 turns 1 friendly Shadow Respawns next to you. (1 Shadow max).

Piety Level *****: The Soul

* All Greater Mummies turn neutral. ( passive)
* Mummy Priests have chance to turn into neutral Greater Mummies. (passive)
* Every 20 turns 2 friendly Shadows respawn next to you. (2 Shadow max). (passive)

Piety Level ******: The Judge

* Every 30 turns 3 friendly Shadows respawn next to you. (3 Shadow max).
(passive)

* Judgment:
" Open The Gates!"
Costs: Exh, Piety based on type and amount of mummies.
Sends all visible mummies to The Kingdom. Gives experience,hp,mp and gold (!) based on the type and amount of mummies sent to The Kingdom.

* As He Creates So He Destroys:
" My Kingdom Thou Shall Punish"
Cost: Gold,Hp,Mp and experience( possibly drain), piety ( amount based on invo).
Invokes mummy wraths against EVERY hostile enemy on the screen. Works on demons as well.

PUNISHMENTS:

Randomly spawnds Mummies, Guardian and Greater Mummies against you.
All Mummies turn hostile ( treated as Ptahubus servants- yield no experience when killed).

Altar Placement:

Next to Tomb Of The Ancients Entrance.
Last edited by carbonbasedlifeform on Saturday, 23rd January 2016, 15:03, edited 1 time in total.
What about the forests?
Nope

Crypt Cleanser

Post Saturday, 23rd January 2016, 14:44

Re: God Proposal: Mummy-restricted diety

No free entrance to the Tomb? :) (I know, mummies turning neutral, but not only mummies 'live' there)
I'm pretty sure Greater Mummies are far stronger than orc warlords. A necromancer start who rolls this god on ecumenical altar is pretty broken.

And I don't think we need more pillar dancing
"Damned, damned be the legions of the damned..."

Halls Hopper

Post Saturday, 23rd January 2016, 15:00

kuniqs wrote:No free entrance to the Tomb? :) (I know, mummies turning neutral, but not only mummies 'live' there)
I'm pretty sure Greater Mummies are far stronger than orc warlords. A necromancer start who rolls this god on ecumenical altar is pretty broken.

And I don't think we need more pillar dancing

Well Right, what else lives in tomb: bennu, ushabti, sphinxes Anubis Guards. Everything else will be pretty much neutral and with *Lead Us ability you can create them to be friendly therefore earning some exp. I'm quite sure Greater Mummies/Priests are stronger than Anubis Followers.

Well I don't see this Diety breaking the game since mummies wandering around everywhere will be neutral and give you no exp. Outside of tomb you will still have to find living corpses to animate/turn to mummies, turn into guardian mummies, turn into mummy priests, turn into greater mummies( which should take lots of time) and even then they will be still neutral ( giving you no exp therefore leaving you underexperienced to prevent you from breaking the game ;) ). Control undead seems overpowered at this point indeed so it should be toned down making exception for this god.

Possibly mummies upgrades should stop at Guardian level. Possibly even Mummy Priest wins 50/50 battles against warlord. But as I said- it will be neutral so i don't know about its influence on the game.

Besides you still have to live as Mummy with no God, get a rune, get through Crypt to get that God ;)
What about the forests?
Nope

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Saturday, 23rd January 2016, 19:37

I expected Exodia to be the last piety level.
You shall never see my color again.

For this message the author dynast has received thanks:
kuniqs

Return to Game Design Discussion