leda's revamp

Although the central place for design discussion is ##crawl-dev on freenode, some may find it helpful to discuss requests and suggestions here first.

Crypt Cleanser

Post Friday, 18th September 2015, 23:28

leda's revamp

New leda's liquefaction spell:

Leda's no longer follows you around; it is stationary. When you cast it, the ground around you becomes liquefied, but the square you are standing on remains solid. Thus, it restricts your movement.

Every grounded actor receives a flat +10 aut delay while moving in liquefied ground.

Actors no longer receive an accuracy penalty while standing on liquefied ground.

For the duration of the spell you receive the -Fly status. This suppresses (not cancels) any flight you have
Dearest Steve
thanks for the gym equipment
the plane crashed

Tomb Titivator

Post Saturday, 19th September 2015, 05:56

Re: leda's revamp

(I assume this is a proposal, and not a mis-forumed PSA about a recent commit, because I don't see one.)

What does this change add or improve about the spell? I don't think I've ever cast it, so I'm truly curious.
Wins (Does not include my GrEE^Veh 15-runer...stupid experimental branch)

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Saturday, 19th September 2015, 13:47

I have only used it to kite (0.16) because my movement penalty was less severe than enemies'. This I presumed was why it is in the AM starting book.
Won (52). Remaining (15): 5 species: Ba, Fe, Mu, Na, Op; 5 Backgrounds: AM, Wr, Su, AE, Ar; 5 gods: Jiyv, newNem, WJC, newSif, newFedh

Crypt Cleanser

Post Saturday, 19th September 2015, 14:20

tedric wrote:What does this change add or improve about the spell? I don't think I've ever cast it, so I'm truly curious.

Right now it affects the player too, but following some weird different rules or something. In any case this makes it unusable.

This proposal makes it usable for characters with ranged attacks.

Shoals Surfer

Post Monday, 21st September 2015, 20:01

make it a smite-targeted aoe like pcloud
I love pitsprint and pitsprint culture.
dpeg wrote:The only good player is a dead player.

Return to Game Design Discussion