proposal - Weapons of chaos

Although the central place for design discussion is ##crawl-dev on freenode, some may find it helpful to discuss requests and suggestions here first.

BTA

Mines Malingerer

Post Sunday, 20th September 2015, 16:23

proposal - Weapons of chaos

Sometimes, a weapon of chaos polymorphs. I often use axes because they might hit all adjacent monsters. I understand the axe would polymorph everything it hits that turn, that makes sense. But, each monster polymorphed should be polymorph randomly. I think, presently, chaotic axes that are polymorphing that turn, polymorph all monsters it hits into the same thing that turn. I think a weapon (or wand) of chaos that hits several monsters with the polymorph effect should randomly polymorph each monster.

Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup version 0.16.2 on Ubuntu 14.4 on Lenova ThinkPad 3860-EU2 and my dog's maiden name is... oh wait, what dog?

Dungeon Master

Post Sunday, 20th September 2015, 16:51

Re: Weapons of chaos

BTA wrote:Sometimes, a weapon of chaos polymorphs. I often use axes because they might hit all adjacent monsters. I understand the axe would polymorph everything it hits that turn, that makes sense. But, each monster polymorphed should be polymorph randomly. I think, presently, chaotic axes that are polymorphing that turn, polymorph all monsters it hits into the same thing that turn. I think a weapon (or wand) of chaos that hits several monsters with the polymorph effect should randomly polymorph each monster.

Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup version 0.16.2 on Ubuntu 14.4 on Lenova ThinkPad 3860-EU2 and my dog's maiden name is... oh wait, what dog?

It doesn't behave in either of the ways you describe: the chaos effect is chosen separately for each monster, so it will only rarely polymorph more than one monster at a time. If it did happen to do so, the target monster would be chosen separately each time.

BTA

Mines Malingerer

Post Sunday, 20th September 2015, 16:56

Re: proposal - Weapons of chaos

Hmm, OK, more testing required.

Return to Game Design Discussion