Mephitic Cloud and Clarity

Although the central place for design discussion is ##crawl-dev on freenode, some may find it helpful to discuss requests and suggestions here first.

Crypt Cleanser

Post Sunday, 26th July 2015, 17:23

Mephitic Cloud and Clarity

If this is a bug, then let me know and I'll report it to Mantis, but I feel that if one has clarity then one should not be forbidden from moving through one's own clouds during tabbing. While it does not prompt confirmation for casting upon adjacent enemies, if a cloud is present, and an enemy is on the other side, the game will issue a "Failed to move toward target" message. Image of example below:

Should this fail, since no harm comes from it?

Edit: wrong again... Apparently it does cause minor damage, so insignificant that I never noticed it before. Sheesh.

Feel free to delete or lock.

Vestibule Violator

Post Sunday, 26th July 2015, 21:27

Re: Mephitic Cloud and Clarity

FR: there should be a threshold where, if you have enough HP, you automove through Mephitic clouds if you're immune to the confusion. (like the threshold for mechanical traps)

FR: The same should be true for all clouds that will only do damage to you, based on how much damage the cloud would do. e.g. maybe if you have enough HP and rC+++, you automove through freezing clouds.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 27th July 2015, 02:11

FR: mephitic clouds don't do damage in the first place

For this message the author duvessa has received thanks: 5
all before, Arrhythmia, Aule, byrel, dowan

Vestibule Violator

Post Monday, 27th July 2015, 14:14

duvessa wrote:FR: mephitic clouds don't do damage in the first place

Meph cloud is in no danger of becoming UP. There's very few characters I wouldn't think hard about training it up any time pre zot. (It's still useful in Zot, but then I'm gearing up for OoF and AL.)

It's a lovely spell in that it's accessible, expensive, highly effective, and with serious good and bad tactical ramifications.
Usual account: pblur on kelbi

Return to Game Design Discussion