SpellforgedServitor kills should count for Vehumet MP regen

Although the central place for design discussion is ##crawl-dev on freenode, some may find it helpful to discuss requests and suggestions here first.

Spider Stomper

Post Thursday, 2nd July 2015, 14:42

SpellforgedServitor kills should count for Vehumet MP regen

So, I'm constantly competing for kills with my guy because his kills don't regen my MP. Makes his usefulness much less. Surely as a vehumet-supported spell, the kills of the servitor should count for my god's MP regen.

Abyss Ambulator

Post Thursday, 2nd July 2015, 15:08

Re: SpellforgedServitor kills should count for Vehumet MP re

You could say the same for allied demon kills and Makhleb HP regen (and angels with TSO). I guess the point is that if the servitor kills lots of things, then you didn't need to spend so many MP, which is kind of the same as getting them back.

For this message the author Jeremiah has received thanks:
Blobbo

Dungeon Master

Post Thursday, 2nd July 2015, 15:28

My one experience with servitor on a vehumet char made me feel like (when it fires, which can be a bit tricky) this spell is so strong this is hardly necessary -- servitor is already an extremely MP-efficient way of spamming OOD. Did you know that you can haste your servitor? On the character currently linked in your signature you might also consider hitting things with that lajatang while the servitor does its work.

For this message the author advil has received thanks: 2
Arrhythmia, Blobbo

Crypt Cleanser

Post Thursday, 2nd July 2015, 21:39

While advil might be right that the buff may be unecessary, I'd be in favor of all gods treating minion kills and player kills as equally. Effects that care about whether you or a minion gets the last hit are already awkward, and the fact that two of the gods that care are ones that give you minions makes things even worse. TSO and Makhleb shouldn't give you minions then "punish" you for letting them get kills, and if you change them Vehumet may as well be changed for consistency.

I think a similar change was already made to make all gods that give piety on kill reward minion kills as well, I don't see a good argument for not doing the same treatment for other rewards gods give on kill. The experience penalty already encourages fighting alongside your minions instead of sitting behind them pressing 's' just fine.

For this message the author Quazifuji has received thanks: 5
and into, Blobbo, chequers, duvessa, Rast

Return to Game Design Discussion