Glaciate/LRD

Although the central place for design discussion is ##crawl-dev on freenode, some may find it helpful to discuss requests and suggestions here first.

Dis Charger

Post Tuesday, 30th June 2015, 17:03

Glaciate/LRD

Why aren't the Blocks of Ice (8) created by Glaciate target-able with LRD? Those and the 'elephant-shaped statues' in the one Lair Endvault are the only 8's which are not so. I'd just want to know why not. [I'm not necessarily suggesting they should be; I just expected them to be and they weren't.]
I'm beginning to feel like a Cat God! Felid streaks: {FeVM^Sif Muna, FeWn^Dithmenos, FeAr^Pakellas}, {FeEE^Ashenzari, FeEn^Gozag, FeNe^Sif Muna, FeAE^Vehumet...(ongoing)}

For this message the author bcadren has received thanks:
Sar

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 30th June 2015, 17:15

Re: Glaciate/LRD

I assume the elephant shaped statues are so you can't blow them up before they become elephants. As for glaciate, I don't know, I don't think it would be too strong? I guess I'll let someone with more glaciate experience than me comment here, I haven't used it much.

Dungeon Master

Post Tuesday, 30th June 2015, 17:46

The elephant-shaped statues are intentionally that way for the reason tasonir gave: so that you can't recognise the vault and destroy all the statues before they change.

I'm pretty sure block of ice not being LRD-able is an oversight, so I have fixed that.

Pillars of salt are still not LRD-able, sorry.

For this message the author neil has received thanks: 3
Sar, Sprucery, tedric

Swamp Slogger

Post Wednesday, 1st July 2015, 00:58

How about large rocks on the ground? I love the idea of an Ogre or Troll throwing large rocks at enemies and then blowing them up as tactical explosives.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 1st July 2015, 05:57

neil wrote:The elephant-shaped statues are intentionally that way for the reason tasonir gave: so that you can't recognise the vault and destroy all the statues before they change.

I'm pretty sure block of ice not being LRD-able is an oversight, so I have fixed that.

Pillars of salt are still not LRD-able, sorry.

Yeah, can verify, when I wrote the block of ice code, I mostly modeled it off the pillar of salt code, definitely didn't think about LRD interaction.
(Note that the spell I wrote is very different than the one that ended up in the game, but the block of ice code was substantially the same)
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

Return to Game Design Discussion