Add success chance for Elyvilon pacification

Although the central place for design discussion is ##crawl-dev on freenode, some may find it helpful to discuss requests and suggestions here first.

Pandemonium Purger

Post Sunday, 21st June 2015, 22:38

Add success chance for Elyvilon pacification

My proposal is show the success chance for pacifying a monster by healing it with Elyvilon. The game currently shows the success chance for hexes, and even hex wands. However, the game does not show the success chance of pacifying a monster, despite how similar pacification is to hexes from a gameplay perspective.
http://crawl.akrasiac.org/scoring/playe ... speon.html. I started playing in 0.16.1
I achieved greatplayer in less than a year.
Remove food

For this message the author WingedEspeon has received thanks: 2
Rast, Sprucery

Dungeon Master

Post Sunday, 21st June 2015, 22:42

Re: Add success chance for Elyvilon pacification

See here, and the linked Mantis issue:
MarvinPA wrote:There's some more discussion on the technical details of changing Pacification so that its success rate could be displayed in the comments of #8472 on Mantis, and a patch implementing some such change would be likely to be accepted - I'd tend towards suggesting just fuzzing the maxHP value that pacification uses a bit, basing the formula on HD instead of maxHP would be a bigger change but also sounds reasonable.

Pandemonium Purger

Post Monday, 22nd June 2015, 02:09

Re: Add success chance for Elyvilon pacification

I guess I'll get coding then. Not having a success rate that I can see is driving me nuts.
http://crawl.akrasiac.org/scoring/playe ... speon.html. I started playing in 0.16.1
I achieved greatplayer in less than a year.
Remove food

Return to Game Design Discussion