Show buff icons in player tile

Although the central place for design discussion is ##crawl-dev on freenode, some may find it helpful to discuss requests and suggestions here first.

Halls Hopper

Post Saturday, 20th June 2015, 16:07

Show buff icons in player tile

I think it'd be nice to show the haste/might/etc. buffs in the player tile, in the same way that they're shown in the monsters' tiles. What do you guys think?

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Saturday, 20th June 2015, 16:59

Re: Show buff icons in player tile

I think only debufs should be shown, probably even one icon for all statuses is enough. So if player sees his tile changed, he should stop and look at upper right corner with statuses.

Halls Hopper

Post Sunday, 21st June 2015, 03:54

Sandman25 wrote:I think only debufs should be shown, probably even one icon for all statuses is enough. So if player sees his tile changed, he should stop and look at upper right corner with statuses.

Fair enough, but if it works for the enemies, why wouldn't it work for the player? I see it like it's free information to be given.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Sunday, 21st June 2015, 04:16

quik wrote:Fair enough, but if it works for the enemies, why wouldn't it work for the player? I see it like it's free information to be given.

Monsters usually have only 1 status at most, player can have many. There is no room to display multiple icons.

For this message the author Sandman25 has received thanks:
quik

Return to Game Design Discussion