Trog Interface

Although the central place for design discussion is ##crawl-dev on freenode, some may find it helpful to discuss requests and suggestions here first.

Dis Charger

Post Wednesday, 10th June 2015, 07:08

Trog Interface

Why are Magical Items grey out (like 'your race can't use them'" instead of red (like 'your god doesn't like them')?

This is a bit of an issue, because it makes items you may want to use after leaving Trog (Extended game) appear the same as items that you'd never have any use for.

{Minor UI tweak request}
I'm beginning to feel like a Cat God! Felid streaks: {FeVM^Sif Muna, FeWn^Dithmenos, FeAr^Pakellas}, {FeEE^Ashenzari, FeEn^Gozag, FeNe^Sif Muna, FeAE^Vehumet...(ongoing)}

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 10th June 2015, 07:43

Re: Trog Interface

because trog doesn't object to staves

i have no idea why staves are coloured useless under trog, they're surely as useful as clubs and those aren't coloured useless!

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Wednesday, 10th June 2015, 07:44

duvessa wrote:because trog doesn't object to staves

i have no idea why staves are coloured useless under trog, they're surely as useful as clubs and those aren't coloured useless!

duvessa have you not considered the broad, robust, and powerful subset of characters who train staves and magic while worshipping sif before switching to trog? rude of you to forget them IMO
take it easy

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Wednesday, 10th June 2015, 12:44

Why are potions of brilliance and magic useful to troggers? I guess they let you wield weapons of -INT for a short time or maybe evoke blink one more time?
Scrolls of amnesia are correctly marked.

Dungeon Master

Post Wednesday, 10th June 2015, 12:49

!magic is still very useful w/ guardian spirit.

For this message the author Lasty has received thanks:
Rast

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 10th June 2015, 12:53

Potion of brilliance helps with temporary non-positive Int which is easy to get in Abyss.

Dungeon Master

Post Wednesday, 10th June 2015, 15:13

duvessa wrote:because trog doesn't object to staves

The main reason I haven't marked them as non-useless yet is that it'd make staff acquirement under Trog kinda weird without a bunch of extra special-casing, and my preferred way of fixing that would be to move rods into misc acquirement, and then that's a bunch of effort so I haven't gotten around to it.

For this message the author Kate has received thanks:
duvessa

Return to Game Design Discussion