Why aren't partial id'd branded highlighted in ctrl-f?

Although the central place for design discussion is ##crawl-dev on freenode, some may find it helpful to discuss requests and suggestions here first.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Sunday, 31st May 2015, 16:14

Why aren't partial id'd branded highlighted in ctrl-f?

I take down a floor, then ctrl-f "." to see what landed there.

In the list, I'll see "glowing short sword" highlighted in blue, but "antimagic dagger" will not be highlighted.

Even though I don't know the slay amount to the antimagic dagger, shouldn't it be highlighted (blue) to help it stand out from the mundane floor items also found in the ctrl-f call, or am I resigned to ctrl-f "brand" ?

Not sure if this is Mantis-worthy.
"Be aware that a lot of people on this forum, such as mageykun and XuaXua, have a habit of making things up." - minmay a.k.a. duvessa
Did I make a lame complaint? Check for Bingo!
Totally gracious CSDC Season 2 Division 4 Champeen!

For this message the author XuaXua has received thanks:
Rast

Dungeon Master

Post Sunday, 31st May 2015, 16:53

Re: Why aren't partial id'd branded highlighted in ctrl-f?

I'm kind of confused.

XuaXua wrote:Even though I don't know the slay amount to the antimagic dagger, shouldn't it be highlighted (blue)...

The implication here is that ego weapons with their plus identified *are* colored blue, which they aren't. Only fully unidentified items are.

Anyway, for usability reasons, this seems reasonable. If someone has a good way to hack it into dat/defaults/menu_colours.txt (that is, a way to set this up in the rcfile), I'll add it in.

Return to Game Design Discussion