Wizards

Although the central place for design discussion is ##crawl-dev on freenode, some may find it helpful to discuss requests and suggestions here first.

Tomb Titivator

Post Friday, 13th May 2011, 10:37

Wizards

Wizards are the strongest start.

That being said I believe slow should be replaced by confuse, summon imp replaced by summon hounds (because some gods disapprove of summon imp) and meph cloud should be removed from the book altogether. I think it would both make the start weaker but more attractive to play... since most new players don't know wtf meph cloud is and find summon imp to be annoying as hell because of blinks.

Also I've played almost exclusively wizards since I've started trying for a 15 rune win since again I believe it's the strongest start and I'm not that great of a player. The idea that you can't use meph cloud on things adjacent to you in a hallway is a lie... you get confused for 1 or 2 tuns while they get confused for far more. The confuse spell is MUCH weaker than meph cloud.

Dungeon Master

Post Friday, 13th May 2011, 12:27

Re: Wizards

I think summon imp is very fitting for wizard. If you want more reliable summoning, play a summoner. Same for confuse vs slow and enchanter. Mephitic still needs a nerf, but it's fine in the wizard's book in my opinion.
<+Grunt> You dereference an invalid pointer! Ouch! That really hurt! The game dies...

Return to Game Design Discussion