Personally, I found Hell to be very anticlimactic

Although the central place for design discussion is ##crawl-dev on freenode, some may find it helpful to discuss requests and suggestions here first.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Wednesday, 3rd June 2015, 20:02

Re: Personally, I found Hell to be very anticlimactic

FR: Make Hell one branch, nine layers deep (Dante). Levels 3,5,7,9 would be the same as the current four hell branch ends, but the order would be randomized each game. The stairs down on levels 3,5,7 would be placed so it is possible to continue downwards without encountering the rune vault. Levels 2,4,6,8 would each be themed according to the rune level following. Level 1 would be the current vestibule.

For this message the author Rast has received thanks:
Arrhythmia

Snake Sneak

Post Thursday, 4th June 2015, 15:58

Re: Personally, I found Hell to be very anticlimactic

Hell is fun because it is a race and it is clearly bounded (7 * 4 + 1 floors).

I find it more fun than the abyss and slightly more fun than pand where you can just go on for a very long time with out getting a rune or going down a floor.

Lately the more I play extended the more I like it regardless of the 7 floors and I like the fact that there are 4 different hells.

I find each branch terrifying. If you don't perhaps you should play some weaker races (especially lower hp).

I also don't completely agree with Tabstorm's recommendation of less floor on the 7th floors.
This is because one of the most effective ways to deal with the 7th floors is to tele roulette and apport rune (its highly effective if you have zin or dith).

For this message the author agentgt has received thanks:
Sandman25
Previous

Return to Game Design Discussion