Warning when using lamp of fire w/ certain gods

Although the central place for design discussion is ##crawl-dev on freenode, some may find it helpful to discuss requests and suggestions here first.

Snake Sneak

Post Friday, 19th December 2014, 04:58

Warning when using lamp of fire w/ certain gods

When using the lamp of fire there's the risk that you'll hit an ally and incur penance (not sure about stone since I rarely use) when worshipping certain gods like TSO or Oka. No warning is given, and I have done this multiple times. I'm probably not the only one. Many thanks to the dev who implements this.

For this message the author SaidTheAlligatorKingToHisSon has received thanks:
Ironfoot

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Friday, 19th December 2014, 05:45

Re: Warning when using lamp of fire w/ certain gods

Fan of gales also causes collision damage which causes penance too. aiming projectiles at enemies with allies on the other end or just "tabbing" with a projectile weapon also doesnt give any warning.
You shall never see my color again.

Snake Sneak

Post Friday, 19th December 2014, 15:34

dynast wrote:Fan of gales also causes collision damage which causes penance too.

I've had air elementals get pissed at me after spamming multiple fans in a row - it never really occurred to me that this is what was happening until I used a phantom mirror on the royal jelly, evoked a fan and was suddenly fighting two royal jellies.

For this message the author Piginabag has received thanks:
Ironfoot

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 19th December 2014, 18:59

Worse is when you evoke two elemental stones at once; the damage along the walls really takes down allies including the elementals you just summoned previously.
"Be aware that a lot of people on this forum, such as mageykun and XuaXua, have a habit of making things up." - minmay a.k.a. duvessa
Did I make a lame complaint? Check for Bingo!
Totally gracious CSDC Season 2 Division 4 Champeen!

Return to Game Design Discussion