remove some Zealots? What's the process for such an idea?

Although the central place for design discussion is ##crawl-dev on freenode, some may find it helpful to discuss requests and suggestions here first.

Spider Stomper

Post Monday, 10th November 2014, 22:19

remove some Zealots? What's the process for such an idea?

I really enjoyed everyone's input into the thread:
no option (yet) available for Viable God & Random God
as it evolved in a totally unexpected and interesting way (for me).

I extracted from the thread that there seems to be an overall consensus about removing some (or even all) Zealots.
As a fairly new non-dev contributor, what is the existing process for such an idea to mature?

From what I can see from the wiki (https://crawl.develz.org/wiki/doku.php), something could be added to:
https://crawl.develz.org/wiki/doku.php?id=dcss:brainstorm:background:start
...but it seems to be a section that is outdated or unused.

Spider Stomper

Post Wednesday, 12th November 2014, 04:04

Re: remove some Zealots? What's the process for such an idea

for those interested in this, please see the following thread in the crawl-ref-discuss mailing list:
http://sourceforge.net/p/crawl-ref/mail ... sg33027048

I guess that sort of indirectly answers my question!

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 14th November 2014, 00:24

While this may be slightly tangential, you did ask about the process and where to discuss things, so:

GDD (this forum): post your idea to have other players point out the flaws in it. 99% of ideas will die here. 1% of the time PleasingFungus will implement your (minor tweak) idea in < 12 hours total turnaround time. 98% of GDD users never saw the warning on the top of the forum saying that they should instead use...

The CDO Wiki: Where you can post your ideas of slightly higher quality where they will be preserved for 3+ years while not being implemented. Is supposedly read by more developers, but I'm not certain I'd believe that claim. At least we can all go read about forge dwarves for years to come, despite adding more dwarves being on the Won't do list

The crawl-ref-discuss mailing list: where actual development chat occurs, unknown to most players, and this is a feature not a bug :)

To answer your main question, since this topic is already on #3 (mailing list), moving it back to #1 (GDD) won't advance it. It'll happen in time most likely, no more input is required.

For this message the author tasonir has received thanks:
RoGGa

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 14th November 2014, 03:57

If you actually want to interact with the devs you can do so in ##crawl-dev

This has a chance of actually making things happen, unlike the other places you can supposedly leave ideas for the devs.

For this message the author crate has received thanks:
RoGGa

Return to Game Design Discussion