Lazy orbrun

Although the central place for design discussion is ##crawl-dev on freenode, some may find it helpful to discuss requests and suggestions here first.

Swamp Slogger

Post Wednesday, 8th October 2014, 04:12

Lazy orbrun

I suggest adding new location letter to ctrl-G menu at the moment of acquiring orb of Zot: (F) Surface.
  Code:
 (L) Lair (S) Swamp (N) Spider Nest (M) Slime Pits
 (V) Vaults (C) Crypt (W) Tomb (U) Depths
 (H) Hell (Z) Zot (F) Surface
 Where to? (? - help)

Let's not discuss that is safer and more optimal to ascend manually digging shortcuts. Autoexploring exists, though it is safer not to use it.
One can tap (ctrl-G, D, 1, Enter) for the same purpose, but it is two more keypresses (and not once, but each time after slaughtering some orbspawns on the route) and then anyway there is that remaining part on D:1.

P.S. And while we are here, could we just abort ctrl-G menu in sight of a hostile monster? Instead of aborting autotravelling after choice is done.
If you spot a grammar mistake in my post I will appreciate if you PM it.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 8th October 2014, 04:33

Re: Lazy orbrun

and not once, but each time after slaughtering some orbspawns on the route

Usually you just have to press G<enter> to continue your trip to d:1 since it saves your last travel location

Tomb Titivator

Post Wednesday, 8th October 2014, 04:36

You can hit X and browse to D:1 with [ and set it to the dungeon exit as well if you want. That gets rid of the last leg. I don't see anything wrong with your proposal but the orb run is pretty low on the list of things causing extra keystrokes.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 8th October 2014, 06:47

You could also set a way point to the D1 upstaircase when you start (with Control-W,0 as soon as you start the game, for example) then when you wanted to leave it would always be control-G,0 (which is exactly the same keypresses :)
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

For this message the author Siegurt has received thanks: 3
Lasty, Neon, savageorange

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 8th October 2014, 09:27

I always do 'ctrl-f dungeon' and select the exit from there as the target.
DCSS: 97:...MfCj}SpNeBaEEGrFE{HaAKTrCK}DsFESpHu{FoArNaBe}
FeEE{HOIEMiAE}GrGlHuWrGnWrNaAKBaFi{MiDeMfDe}{DrAKTrAMGhEnGnWz}
{PaBeDjFi}OgAKPaCAGnCjOgCKMfAEAtCKSpCjDEEE{HOSu
Bloat: 17: RaRoPrPh{GuStGnCa}{ArEtZoNb}KiPaAnDrBXDBQOApDaMeAGBiOCNKAsFnFlUs{RoBoNeWi

Tomb Titivator

Post Wednesday, 8th October 2014, 14:04

Siegurt wrote:You could also set a way point to the D1 upstaircase when you start (with Control-W,0 as soon as you start the game, for example) then when you wanted to leave it would always be control-G,0 (which is exactly the same keypresses :)

You could probably put this in your rcfile to get the exact effect the OP describes. Good call.

Blades Runner

Post Wednesday, 8th October 2014, 14:10

Siegurt wrote:You could also set a way point to the D1 upstaircase when you start (with Control-W,0 as soon as you start the game, for example) then when you wanted to leave it would always be control-G,0 (which is exactly the same keypresses :)

^ First actually useful use for waypoints I've ever heard of. Thanks.

Dungeon Master

Post Wednesday, 8th October 2014, 18:18

GD0

For this message the author PleasingFungus has received thanks: 3
Quazifuji, Wahaha, XuaXua

Return to Game Design Discussion