Fomicid and EE interactions

Although the central place for design discussion is ##crawl-dev on freenode, some may find it helpful to discuss requests and suggestions here first.

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Friday, 29th August 2014, 15:49

Fomicid and EE interactions

I recently was enjoying the formicids as an EE and I had a few thoughts of EE interactions. This is based on the ability to wield rocks at early levels to increase your damage, this got me thinking and wondering if a few changes would be ok to consider making.

1.) I was thinking that formicid digging abilities would make sense to create some rubble, so if that was the case would it be ridiculous for fomicids to be able to create rocks at low levels with an ability?

2.) When you get LRD you can target things from small skeletons all the way to crystals and statues (that you made or that were their allready), Even some armors can my targeted! But why can you not target large boulders? It sounds like a fun interaction to be able throw large rocks into enemies and then LRD them.

3.)On the note of the second, if you use stone skin or statue form you should turn to or have rock/stone on you. Would it make sense to be able to LRD yourself at the cost of health? this could come in handy if you get swarmed and need something to do maximum damage.

These were just a few things I was wondering about while I was playing.

Crypt Cleanser

Post Friday, 29th August 2014, 18:01

Re: Fomicid and EE interactions

1 - If the only reason for formicid digging to create stones is to be able to get extra stones for sandblast then yes it's kind of ridiculous because there's no reason to make this change just to make them better than other races at EE.
2 - It would create the tactic of placing large rocks in a line in an open area. Then bringing monsters to that line to be able to LRD them easily. This is a bad tactic to add to the game. Although maybe if rocks got destroyed by one LRD use it would be fine, personally wouldn't mind something like that.
3 - In statue form this is already possible.

Tomb Titivator

Post Friday, 29th August 2014, 18:56

Re: Fomicid and EE interactions

3 is also possible as a gargoyle
Wins (Does not include my GrEE^Veh 15-runer...stupid experimental branch)

Return to Game Design Discussion