Post Friday, 17th October 2014, 23:29

Makhleb's healing and allies

Currently, Makhleb's HP for kills only works if your character scores the last hit on the enemy. In the case of collateral kills from allies, regardless of how much damage the ally has actually contributed, you get nothing. In cases where Makhleb's heal was important to my survival (or when playing a deep dwarf) this has led me to silly practices like telling my allies to stop attacking in the middle of a fight (by the way, giving your allies a command, even outside of combat, seems to have no effect about half the time. What's the deal here?). This is especially perplexing to me since Makhleb himself provides you with summons, which leads to a weird anti-synergy between his abilities.
Xp gain from kills scored by allies used to work similarly and it was changed to be proportional to the damage dealt by the player. I propose Makhleb's hp for kills to be changed according to the same principle.

By the way, I assume TSO's and Vehumet's similar abilities work the same way, although I'm not sure because I hardly ever worship TSO, and I've never paid attention to this with Vehumet. If this is indeed the case, they should receive the same treatment.

For this message the author asdu has received thanks: 2
Brannock, Sandman25