Blurry Vision Tweak

Although the central place for design discussion is ##crawl-dev on freenode, some may find it helpful to discuss requests and suggestions here first.

Dis Charger

Post Tuesday, 6th May 2014, 21:34

Blurry Vision Tweak

Can we change Blurry Vision to either (a) do nothing or (b) just make reading a scroll take longer if there are no monsters in sight? I get that it's meant to make it harder to use escape scrolls in battle, but failing to read ?acq 6 times without a monster in sight is just annoying and unnecessary. (Slow Healing rule; remove out of battle tedium).
I'm beginning to feel like a Cat God! Felid streaks: {FeVM^Sif Muna, FeWn^Dithmenos, FeAr^Pakellas}, {FeEE^Ashenzari, FeEn^Gozag, FeNe^Sif Muna, FeAE^Vehumet...(ongoing)}

Sar

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 6th May 2014, 21:41

Re: Blurry Vision Tweak

Option a means that you will need to do silly/spoilery things like breaking line of sight with enemies to read tele. I sort of like making scroll-reading just take longer, regardless of whether there are monsters in LoS.

For this message the author Sar has received thanks: 3
Ghoul King, TeshiAlair, Tiber

Pandemonium Purger

Post Tuesday, 6th May 2014, 22:46

Sar wrote:Option a means that you will need to do silly/spoilery things like breaking line of sight with enemies to read tele. I sort of like making scroll-reading just take longer, regardless of whether there are monsters in LoS.

If we do this, can we also do something about the 'your scroll of blinking will just randomly fail if you read it in abyss' thing too? As a regular player there's no way to get a good feel for how likely this is to appear because the only way you can find out is to burn through scrolls of blinking.

Slime Squisher

Post Tuesday, 6th May 2014, 23:00

scrolls of blinking should just be unreadable in Abyss, since destroying them is the only thing accomplished by reading them there

For this message the author TheDefiniteArticle has received thanks: 4
and into, duvessa, Klown, Sandman25

Pandemonium Purger

Post Wednesday, 7th May 2014, 07:57

take it easy
  Code:
!lg * won !DD-- min=turns -log
<Sequell> 20749. Bloax, XL24 VSTm, T:13320: http://crawl.lantea.net/crawl/morgue/Bloax/morgue-Bloax-20140907-000920.txt

Did you know that I like ruining crawl every now and then? Go check it out.

Pandemonium Purger

Post Wednesday, 7th May 2014, 08:54

Might have to swap to trunk now.

Return to Game Design Discussion