Proposal : More cards for nemelex

Although the central place for design discussion is ##crawl-dev on freenode, some may find it helpful to discuss requests and suggestions here first.

Temple Termagant

Post Wednesday, 26th March 2014, 09:01

Proposal : More cards for nemelex

I'm not a native English speaker, so please forgive my grammar/word choice mistake.

Playing with cards might seem complex, however if player understand Nemelex and his card's mechanism, Nem is a great generalist god. A feature I like the most about him is I can spend golds with alchemist and mercenary card, which have decent effects. (DE blademaster for 2500 golds? hell yes!) Most characters in late-game still have tons of golds left after shopping everything they need from shops in main dungeon, and only Jiyva and Nemelex provide uses for these golds.

What if Nemelex have a special type of deck, containing new cards that requires certain amount of gold for each use like mercenary of alchemist card? he even can have a shop like Zin's purifying lemonade stand in front of his altar. Here're some example I brainstormed:

Statue : spending some gold to upgrade normal statue in dungeon.
Level 0 - different version of mundane statue. Level 1 - mid-level statue like archer statue. Level 2 - high-level statue like conjurer statue.

Decoration : changing materials of nearby walls.
Level 0 - different color. Level 1 - stone or metal with equal odds. Level 2 - crystal(reflect fire/cold bolts like lightning on normal wall)

Mercenary - same as current one

Alchemist - same as current one

Treasure - create trove, but this one requires gold to enter. Only appears in ornate and legendary card.

Transmute : change an enemy into pile of gold. No cost, however success rate and amount of gold is depend on target's hd. High-power card will have better rate of success. Uniques cannot be transmuted.

Bribe : paying bribe to an intelligent monster to stop attacking you. Amount of gold is depend on monster's hd.
Level 0 - monster is pacified. Level 1 - monster is pacified or hired. Level 2 - monster is permanently hired.

Boost Morale : paying intelligent allies to make them fight better for brief seconds.
Level 0 - mass shroud of golubria. Level 1 - mass haste. Level 2 - mass berserk.

Banquet - gives player random amount of nutrition in trade of gold.
Level 0 - 0~4000 Nutrition. Level 1 - 4000~8000 Nutrition. Level 2 - 8000~12000 Nutrition.

Blessing - guess Zin is little short on cash right now...
Level 0 - random potion of stats. Level 1 - cures all temporal debuffs such as stain drain. Level 2 - cures all type of debuffs, including semi-permanent one such as rotting.

Offering - offer gold to get random god's favor. opposite version of wrath card.
receive a random god's gift or random god's ability excluding branding weapon is cast onto player if that god doesn't give any gift. power of the ability is depend on card power.

For this message the author jjormang has received thanks:
Klown

Shoals Surfer

Post Wednesday, 26th March 2014, 13:08

Re: Proposal : More cards for nemelex

I would love more things to do with gold and junk items

I've always thought that a God based on gold and item manipulation would be cool. maybe even "bless" a mundane/branded item into a randart at ****** (once per game, TSO/Kiku style)
I love pitsprint and pitsprint culture.
dpeg wrote:The only good player is a dead player.

Crypt Cleanser

Post Wednesday, 26th March 2014, 18:53

Nemelex is already pretty powerful though. Offering would make for a good deck of Oddities card I think. Bribe could be good card, but the permanent hiring might be a bit much. That's basically Yred's Enslave Soul.

Making an item into a randart I think should be a rare Xom act I think (or changing an existing randart).

Blades Runner

Post Wednesday, 2nd April 2014, 15:53

Deck of Economy?
114491 | Pan | Entered the realm of Gloorx Vloq.
114491 | Pan | Noticed Gloorx Vloq
114492 | Pan | Killed Gloorx Vloq

true lords of shadow NEVER sleep

Return to Game Design Discussion