Proposal: ?recharging recharges evocables

Although the central place for design discussion is ##crawl-dev on freenode, some may find it helpful to discuss requests and suggestions here first.

Swamp Slogger

Post Friday, 14th March 2014, 05:54

Proposal: ?recharging recharges evocables

Several proposals concerning new evocables:
  • Recharging one of phial of floods, lamp of fire, fan of gales or stone of tremors with scroll of recharging. Sometimes in the heat of battle you need that extra phial of floods. I think it would be an interesting option to have. One recharging scroll in return for having your killing tool recharged immediately isn't something overpowered.
  • Recharging box of beasts or sack of spiders with scroll of recharging. Bots say they contain 5-15 charges. So they could be recharged for the same values as wands of fire/cold, that have 15 max charges too.
  • Being able to see the number of remaining charges in boxes of beasts and sacks of spiders. With the sufficient Evocations, of course.
If you spot a grammar mistake in my post I will appreciate if you PM it.

For this message the author Yermak has received thanks:
XuaXua

Abyss Ambulator

Post Friday, 14th March 2014, 15:52

Re: Proposal: ?recharging recharges evocables

This seems....reasonable. Are you sure you meant to post in GDD?
Three wins: Gargoyle Earth Elementalist of Ash, Ogre Fighter of Ru, Deep Dwarf Fighter of Makhleb (0.16 bugbuild :( )

dck

Vestibule Violator

Post Friday, 14th March 2014, 15:57

Re: Proposal: ?recharging recharges evocables

I thought boxes and sacks not displaying amount of charges was meant to make them more distinct from wands, although mechanically they already are distinct enough to be different things, I think, so displaying charges left would be fine by me.
I'm not sure about allowing recharging on them since they have much stronger effects than most wands and recharging would extend their possible uses a lot.

Return to Game Design Discussion