buffs since .14 is harder

Although the central place for design discussion is ##crawl-dev on freenode, some may find it helpful to discuss requests and suggestions here first.

Tomb Titivator

Post Friday, 7th February 2014, 13:01

buffs since .14 is harder

It is sort of lame that nagas spit poison sucks after a few floors. It would be nice if it grew stronger as you leveled or you could train it with a skill.

Tengu should get perma flight from turn 0. It is one of the weakest species because summoning sucks now and the reaver thing never worked.

Octopodes could be made tiny to have a bit more evasion.

Mummies, since they no longer are the only no food species, could gain natural wizardry.

Abyss Ambulator

Post Friday, 7th February 2014, 13:36

Re: buffs since .14 is harder

I do not think that .14 is harder. If something, maybe easier than before, but I do not see a big difference.

Spider Stomper

Post Friday, 7th February 2014, 13:38

snow wrote:It is sort of lame that nagas spit poison sucks after a few floors. It would be nice if it grew stronger as you leveled or you could train it with a skill.

It does.
  Code:
case ABIL_SPIT_POISON:      // Naga + spit poison mutation
        power = you.experience_level
                + player_mutation_level(MUT_SPIT_POISON) * 5
                + (you.species == SP_NAGA) * 10;

I'm not sure what you mean by these; Tengu have fantastic aptitudes for both blasting and fighting, as well as getting loads of extra EV and having two decently damaging mutations from the beginning.

Octopodes are fine. Just think of them as being stuck in a robe, which means you can get lots of EV from dodging.

I don't think Dj are yet generally perceived as being ready for a major release, so their existence should not inform Mu balance.

Dungeon Master

Post Friday, 7th February 2014, 13:53

See readme (multiple suggestions in one thread, no reasoning).

Return to Game Design Discussion