Remove Abandoned Shops

Although the central place for design discussion is ##crawl-dev on freenode, some may find it helpful to discuss requests and suggestions here first.

Tomb Titivator

Post Friday, 6th November 2015, 18:20

Re: Remove Abandoned Shops

duvessa wrote:The [Orc ending] vault always has 4 real shops.

Can these be mimics? I'm sure that on at least one occasion, I've ended up with only 3 actual shops in the O:4 vault. However, I can't remember if it was due to an abandoned shop or a mimic, and I also can't remember if any other shops were placed on the level.
Wins (Does not include my GrEE^Veh 15-runer...stupid experimental branch)

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 6th November 2015, 19:26

tedric wrote:

Can these be mimics? I'm sure that on at least one occasion, I've ended up with only 3 actual shops in the O:4 vault. However, I can't remember if it was due to an abandoned shop or a mimic, and I also can't remember if any other shops were placed on the level.
I meant that SPECIFIC vault always has 4 real shops. There are other Orc endings and some probably have fewer than 4 shops. I don't remember the rules for mimics these days.

For this message the author duvessa has received thanks:
tedric

Crypt Cleanser

Post Sunday, 8th November 2015, 05:06

tedric wrote:

I had a game yesterday with 3 shops and a mimic on Orc 4, so that can definitely happen.

Shoals Surfer

Post Sunday, 8th November 2015, 11:13

I'd like abandoned shops to be retained on account that they have the rare and valuable ability to punish a player for being spoiled about the game.

I could really do with less food shops, though.
Previous

Return to Game Design Discussion