Make Leda's...

Although the central place for design discussion is ##crawl-dev on freenode, some may find it helpful to discuss requests and suggestions here first.

Shoals Surfer

Post Tuesday, 5th July 2016, 19:17

Make Leda's...

...not affect the tile you are standing on when you cast it.

Just for my own selfish ends. Not gonna lie there.

For this message the author removeelyvilon has received thanks:
Arrhythmia

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 5th July 2016, 22:40

Re: Make Leda's...

Remove Leda's from Xom's spell list it's obnoxious when he casts it

Halls Hopper

Post Wednesday, 6th July 2016, 11:18

Sorry to derail the thread, but would it make sense if flying cancelled the effect of leda's liquefaction ? I understand it as the ground getting unstable.

It would be nice for Gargoyle and Tengu, and at the same time reduces the efficiency of the spell against flying monsters ? Kinda the opposite of airstrike (which makes sense for a Earth spell)

Arguably I have never used it but it seems strange to cast it if you are going to be slowed as well.

The only downside is that it could be too powerful for flying characters.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Wednesday, 6th July 2016, 12:32

If you cant make make a higher level spell better than fear you might aswell just remove it. Its like comparing mephitic cloud with AI. And since i doubt these spells are getting buffed we might end up losing fear instead.
You shall never see my color again.

Dungeon Master

Post Wednesday, 6th July 2016, 19:13

seren wrote:Sorry to derail the thread, but would it make sense if flying cancelled the effect of leda's liquefaction ? I understand it as the ground getting unstable.

It would be nice for Gargoyle and Tengu, and at the same time reduces the efficiency of the spell against flying monsters ? Kinda the opposite of airstrike (which makes sense for a Earth spell)

Arguably I have never used it but it seems strange to cast it if you are going to be slowed as well.

The only downside is that it could be too powerful for flying characters.

I'm pretty sure flying already cancels leda's (as in, it just stops the spell.)

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Thursday, 7th July 2016, 11:46

CanOfWorms wrote:I'm pretty sure flying already cancels leda's (as in, it just stops the spell.)

Im inclined to believe it doesnt, though i could be wrong. Thats also another problem with this spell, how it requires other things to be effective/less harmful, like blink, PoG or fear(again), who end up being just as useful on their own.
You shall never see my color again.

Dungeon Master

Post Thursday, 7th July 2016, 19:41

i went into wizmode and tested and it turns out Leda's actually just prevents flight entirely when you cast it (and you can't cast it if you're flying)

edit: you can transform into a dragon while under Leda's and it will cancel it, but you can't transform into a bat or cast Tornado

For this message the author CanOfWorms has received thanks:
dynast

Return to Game Design Discussion