Standardize Git save transfers to [Y/n]

Although the central place for design discussion is ##crawl-dev on freenode, some may find it helpful to discuss requests and suggestions here first.

Mines Malingerer

Post Thursday, 8th October 2015, 08:34

Standardize Git save transfers to [Y/n]

I'm an idiot and have been playing Git online on CBRO for months now, never realizing I wasn't actually transferring my save files to the latest version. I saw "[T]ransfer your save to the latest version (0.17-a0-blah)" and just blindly mashed Y not realizing I was supposed to press T. It took a bug crashing the game at a certain point over and over again to make me finally realize my game wasn't actually getting updated. If you don't hit T then you won't get any message notifying you are not playing the latest version - it goes straight to the game.

So am I just an idiot, or has anyone else had this problem? I feel like standardizing to [Y/n] would be clearer. If not that, then maybe some warning or notification. Or, maybe I'm grasping at straws, refusing to accept that I made a dumb mistake over and over again for the better part of a year.

Tomb Titivator

Post Thursday, 8th October 2015, 10:02

Re: Standardize Git save transfers to [Y/n]

Nah me too.

Return to Game Design Discussion