How to beat giant leeches?

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Swamp Slogger

Post Wednesday, 13th November 2013, 18:30

How to beat giant leeches?

So, recently I've been encountering giant leeches. The problem is, my character cant put out enough damage to squash them before they can heal themselves. I'm using elyvilon, but have some axe skill which I use to kill mindless enemies. I have no wands, scrolls, or potions that will aide me with killing it. I tried to use a beserk potion, but it merely almost killed me, forcing me to run till berserk wore off then getting elyvilon to heal

Spider Stomper

Post Wednesday, 13th November 2013, 18:39

Re: How to beat giant leeches?

They've got lousy MR (32), which would make spamming a wand of paralysis a legit option that you could follow up with axe whacks, and they're dumb enough to have trouble with invisible players. Alternatively, you could lure them back to Lair and then kite them, but that's kind of silly...
"Making sure all that misinformation is grammatically correct since August 2011."

If you have any recommendations* regarding the Crawl Wiki, message me and I'll look into it.

* - Deletion of the Crawl Wiki is not a good recommendation.

Swamp Slogger

Post Wednesday, 13th November 2013, 18:41

MoogleDan wrote:They've got lousy MR (32), which would make spamming a wand of paralysis a legit option that you could follow up with axe whacks, and they're dumb enough to have trouble with invisible players. Alternatively, you could lure them back to Lair and then kite them, but that's kind of silly...

I don't have any useful wands. My only wand is of healing, as I'm a deep dwarf. I ended up kiting it into a room, then closing the doors into it, so it's trapped, but for others I might not have the luxury of rooms.

Crypt Cleanser

Post Wednesday, 13th November 2013, 19:08

It sounds like your character is abnormally weak in some way. Giant leeches are not very strong offensively or defensively. You should post a dump of your character - press # in game to send the information to a text file and then paste it here.
mikee_ has won 166 times in 396 games (41.92%): 4xDSFi 4xMDFi 3xDDCK 3xDDEE 3xHOPr 2xDDHe 2xDDNe 2xDSBe 2xKeAE 2xMfCr 2xMfSt 2xMiAr 2xMiBe 2xNaTm 1xCeAr 1xCeAs 1xCeBe 1xCeEn 1xCeFE 1xCePa 1xCeTm 1xCeWz 1xDDAs 1xDDCr 1xDDHu 1xDDTm 1xDENe 1xDEWz

Swamp Slogger

Post Wednesday, 13th November 2013, 20:00

mikee wrote:It sounds like your character is abnormally weak in some way. Giant leeches are not very strong offensively or defensively. You should post a dump of your character - press # in game to send the information to a text file and then paste it here.

Well, I've died now. Two fire crabs behind a door. The reason I'm so weak is probably because dungeon sprint doesn't give you much experience or loot. The reason I didn't mention it in the OP was because every time previously I've mentioned it was a dungeon sprint game, no one elected to respond to it.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 13th November 2013, 20:06

I want to believe wrote:Well, I've died now. Two fire crabs behind a door. The reason I'm so weak is probably because dungeon sprint doesn't give you much experience or loot. The reason I didn't mention it in the OP was because every time previously I've mentioned it was a dungeon sprint game, no one elected to respond to it.

Well, maybe that's because some people don't play sprint. For example I played sprint just twice.

Lair Larrikin

Post Wednesday, 13th November 2013, 20:07

Which sprint map? Most of the sprints give CRAZY loot and drastically accelerated experience!!!

Swamp Slogger

Post Wednesday, 13th November 2013, 20:07

Sandman25 wrote:
I want to believe wrote:Well, I've died now. Two fire crabs behind a door. The reason I'm so weak is probably because dungeon sprint doesn't give you much experience or loot. The reason I didn't mention it in the OP was because every time previously I've mentioned it was a dungeon sprint game, no one elected to respond to it.

Well, maybe that's because some people don't play sprint. For example I played sprint just twice.

I know, and that's cool with me. It just frustrates me some, because usually I could just use some general advice, that isn't very sprint specific.

whitmo wrote:Which sprint map? Most of the sprints give CRAZY loot and drastically accelerated experience!!!

The Pits. The loot is crazy weapons and armor wise, but your lucky to have enough potions or scroll to save yourself from a monster.

Lair Larrikin

Post Wednesday, 13th November 2013, 20:17

Sprint can be ultra-deadly; because there are fewer opponents/encounters, you are much more susceptible to bad luck with the random number generator. Unlike some of the other sprint maps that are more linear, The Pits will eat you alive if you do the rooms in the wrong order. Do the Easy room first, then the Medium room, etc. and if you are having trouble, try one of the easy species/class combos (http://crawl.chaosforge.org/index.php?t ... _beginners). Without a character dump, that's really all the advice I can give you. :)

Swamp Slogger

Post Wednesday, 13th November 2013, 20:23

whitmo wrote:Sprint can be ultra-deadly; because there are fewer opponents/encounters, you are much more susceptible to bad luck with the random number generator. Unlike some of the other sprint maps that are more linear, The Pits will eat you alive if you do the rooms in the wrong order. Do the Easy room first, then the Medium room, etc. and if you are having trouble, try one of the easy species/class combos (http://crawl.chaosforge.org/index.php?t ... _beginners). Without a character dump, that's really all the advice I can give you. :)

Well, no character dump right now as my character died, unlucky to open a door to two fire crabs. What I normally do, is go into the freezer-area, take the consumables and weapons from the safe zone, open the first door, fight my way to the first vault, go back up to the second door, down the hallway, kite some enemies into the hallway, go down, open the doors, fight some more, open the useless hallway and kill everything there for XP, open the next, kill, loot. Head to metal vault, fight my way through there, get the loot, open all the unopened doors so I can find more things for XP. Do the gridvault, do the minivault, do the armoury hallway, do the armoury, do the steel vault, do the coven, do the silver pit, do the vestibule, do the crystal vault(or whatever it is called), do the elemental hallway(Or whatever it is called), die to hell sentinels there.

Anything wrong with the order I'm doing there? The most luck I've had are with deep dwarf healers, second best with hill orc fighters.

Lair Larrikin

Post Wednesday, 13th November 2013, 20:35

Your order of exploring rooms sounds fine, I think you are at least as good as I am. :) Maybe (if you haven't won yet) try going for an easy win next time to boost your confidence, rather than tackle the extended endgame?

Back to the giant leeches for a second, the easiest way to beat them is to keep away. I unfortunately don't have experience with Healers so I can't be much specific help. I would stay away from the leech and blast it with ranged attacks, generally speaking.

Swamp Slogger

Post Wednesday, 13th November 2013, 20:42

whitmo wrote:Your order of exploring rooms sounds fine, I think you are at least as good as I am. :) Maybe (if you haven't won yet) try going for an easy win next time to boost your confidence, rather than tackle the extended endgame?

Back to the giant leeches for a second, the easiest way to beat them is to keep away. I unfortunately don't have experience with Healers so I can't be much specific help. I would stay away from the leech and blast it with ranged attacks, generally speaking.

The problem was, I had no ranged attacks, and usually won't. I was faster than the leech, but if I ever stopped to attack it, it'd zoom up for a quick healing of my blood. Elyvilon's shtick is healing enemies to make them neutral. But, you can't do that to mindless enemies, which leeches are. She doesn't give any smiting or anything, so I can't rely on that. I've lost many healers to leeches, and I can't really find a way to keep them damaged at a range.

On the subject of the pit, can you win before finishing all the zones? I've yet to win, because I thought you had to finish every zone. The only rune there seems to be, at least that I've seen, is the silver rune of zot inside the silver pit. All other zones were runeless, so I thought i'd have to finish those last few zones to get 2 more runes. I've yet to enter the zot area, because I didn't want to waste a character seeing what was inside.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 13th November 2013, 20:57

What kind of armor and weapon were you using?

Lair Larrikin

Post Wednesday, 13th November 2013, 20:58

Gosh, Healers sound weird, not sure I've got much advice there... I like to start with Tr/Og Hunter, free large rocks give me a deadly early-game ranged attack. :)

You can totally grab the orb and win. I always die when I try to keep going and clear the hells. ;)

Mines Malingerer

Post Wednesday, 13th November 2013, 21:03

If you wanna try something different for that sprint i'd recommend human caster (i found conjurer easiest) of sif. In that sprint sif gifts every 2 fights or so, so it's possible to try all sorts of crazy spell combos. I think that one specific sprint is easier for gifting gods, and i certainly don't recommend demigod, i've played that sprint a billion times and i only once managed to get to end game with a demigod. God god ogd dog god god god...

Overall i found the 10 rune challenge more fun, it's by far my favorite sprint if you didnt try it yet and are getting irritated with this one. I found the challenge better balanced and it's sorta possible to use different paths to get the win. The pits has a bit too much luck involved early on i found, for example facing the vampire unique in one of the early vaults is almost guaranteed deaths for so many characters.

If you try the sif human (easiest win in my opinion for this challenge), i'd recommend actually going for the overpowered spells asap (flame cloud+fireball early, after freezing cloud swiftness blink tornado fire storm haste combo is easiest win in all vaults here except the pan lords in tight quarters, melee is much better there). Anyway, good luck, and don't take this sprint tooooo seriously, like the normal game the beginning is massively harder then the rest of the game, so dont feel bad if you kill 10-20 guys without getting out of the first few vaults.

Oh, i also recommend closing all the doors except the ones needed for an escape route in this sprint. This way you can find wandering monsters much easier and when you need to retreat you won't have bad guys cutting you off.

Swamp Slogger

Post Wednesday, 13th November 2013, 21:11

Baldu2 wrote:If you wanna try something different for that sprint i'd recommend human caster (i found conjurer easiest) of sif. In that sprint sif gifts every 2 fights or so, so it's possible to try all sorts of crazy spell combos. I think that one specific sprint is easier for gifting gods, and i certainly don't recommend demigod, i've played that sprint a billion times and i only once managed to get to end game with a demigod. God god ogd dog god god god...

Overall i found the 10 rune challenge more fun, it's by far my favorite sprint if you didnt try it yet and are getting irritated with this one. I found the challenge better balanced and it's sorta possible to use different paths to get the win. The pits has a bit too much luck involved early on i found, for example facing the vampire unique in one of the early vaults is almost guaranteed deaths for so many characters.

If you try the sif human (easiest win in my opinion for this challenge), i'd recommend actually going for the overpowered spells asap (flame cloud+fireball early, after freezing cloud swiftness blink tornado fire storm haste combo is easiest win in all vaults here except the pan lords in tight quarters, melee is much better there). Anyway, good luck, and don't take this sprint tooooo seriously, like the normal game the beginning is massively harder then the rest of the game, so dont feel bad if you kill 10-20 guys without getting out of the first few vaults.

Oh, i also recommend closing all the doors except the ones needed for an escape route in this sprint. This way you can find wandering monsters much easier and when you need to retreat you won't have bad guys cutting you off.

Personally, I find the pits much easier than the ten rune challenge. If I play a caster, I can more or less kill the few enemies in the entry zone, then get murderized by the human or elf outside the first door. If I play a melee fighter, I can sometimes manage to take down the human/elf, then die to the water elementals. If I try a healer, I either die to giant mites, or the human/elf, or if I manage to make it to the elementals, I die to them.

But with the pits, I can easily take the first enemy, grab some of the starting loot, and heal/kill/blast my way through the first few zones easily, and if i'm playing a solid combo, get pretty far.

BlackSheep wrote:What kind of armor and weapon were you using?

I usually take an axe, as healers don't start with any weapons, and deep dwarves have +2 axe proficiency, so it seems like the best option. I'll grab the chainmail or plate armor in the first vault, and train up my armor and axe skills throughout the rest of the freezer area, and its usually pretty high by the time I get to the metal vault. If I find better armor or axes i'll swap up to them. Usually by the time I take on a leech, I have about 2 in axes, and 2-3 in armor. My axe is normally either a +2, +2, or a +2, +0 brand(Freezing, crushing, or piercing).

whitmo wrote:Gosh, Healers sound weird, not sure I've got much advice there... I like to start with Tr/Og Hunter, free large rocks give me a deadly early-game ranged attack. :)

You can totally grab the orb and win. I always die when I try to keep going and clear the hells. ;)

Healers are a nice change of pace from the other classes, and you usually end up with 5 times as much bloodshed, despite the name. Typically, once can expect to blast out greater and lesser heals asoon as they enter a room, mostly aimed at a horde of popcorn, or the strongest enemies. Then, the neutralized enemies will be attacked by the still hostile ones, leaving few survivors.

Glad to know I can just grab the orb. I'll do that next time I get confident I can heal through the vestibule.
Last edited by I want to believe on Wednesday, 13th November 2013, 21:22, edited 2 times in total.

Lair Larrikin

Post Wednesday, 13th November 2013, 21:16

Great advice from baldu2 above!

FWIW, my most-won combo in Pit Sprint is Fighter of the Shining One (various species). The starting shield is really nice, and I almost always find early long blades of holy wrath and/or flaming. As far as ranged attacks, usually there are centaurs/yaktaurs for bow/crossbow, or if all else fails, there are guaranteed 10 stones near the altars. (Sometimes I just go pure melee though.)

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 13th November 2013, 21:26

If it helps here's my most recent win from the pit:
  Code:
 Dungeon Sprint DCSS version 0.14-a0-629-g748cab2 (console) character file.

2166621 Charglit the Conqueror (level 22, 165/165 HPs)
             Began as a Gargoyle Gladiator on Nov 7, 2013.
             Was the Champion of the Shining One.
             Escaped with the Orb
             ... and 2 runes!

The game lasted 02:53:57 (16367 turns).

Charglit the Conqueror (Gargoyle Gladiator)        Turns: 16367, Time: 02:53:57

HP 165/165       AC 64     Str 28      XL: 22   Next: 88%
MP  46/46        EV 19     Int 11      God: the Shining One [******]
Gold 276         SH 59     Dex 15      Spells:  9 memorised, 43 levels left

Res.Fire  : + + .   See Invis. : .   a - +7,+8 Blessed Scourge
Res.Cold  : + . .   Warding    : .   L - +8 gold dragon armour
Life Prot.: + + +   Conserve   : +   g - +3 orc large shield {rPois}
Res.Poison: +       Res.Corr.  : +   O - +2 hat of the Bear Spirit {Spirit, +Rage rN+ MR+}
Res.Elec. : .       Clarity    : +   y - +2 cloak {rCorr, Cons}
Sust.Abil.: . .     Spirit.Shd : +   C - +0 pair of gauntlets {Dex+3}
Res.Mut.  : .       Prev.Telep.: +   U - +2 pair of elf boots {run}
Res.Rott. : +       Flight     : .   D - amulet "Aros" {Clar rF+ Str+3 Dam+6}
Saprovore : . . .                    T - +0,+5 ring of slaying
                                     Y - ring "Saseem" {rPois Acc+5 Dam+5}

@: glowing, quick, very resistant to hostile enchantments, extremely unstealthy
A: large and strong wings, fangs 1, talons 2, life protection 1, slow metabolism
1, unbreathing, petrification resistance, AC +16
a: Fly, Divine Shield, Cleansing Flame, Summon Divine Warrior, Renounce
Religion, Evoke Berserk Rage
0: Orb of Zot
}: 2/15 runes: silver, golden

You escaped.
You worshipped the Shining One.
the Shining One was exalted by your worship.
You were not hungry.

You visited 1 branch
You collected 276 gold pieces.

Inventory:

Hand weapons
 a - a +7,+8 Blessed Scourge (weapon)
 b - the +11,+11 morningstar "Eos" {elec, -Tele rElec SInv}
   (You found it in the Dungeon)   

Occasionally, upon striking a foe, it will discharge some electrical energy
   and cause terrible harm.

It insulates you from electricity.
   It enhances your eyesight.
   It prevents most forms of teleportation.
Missiles
 d - 3 throwing nets
 q - 10 stones
 I - 12 javelins (quivered)
Armour
 g - a +3 orcish large shield of poison resistance (worn)
 y - a +2 cloak of preservation (worn)
 C - a +0 pair of gauntlets of dexterity (worn)
 L - a +8 gold dragon armour (worn)
 O - the +2 hat of the Bear Spirit (worn) {Spirit, +Rage rN+ MR+}

It protects you from negative energy.
   It affects your resistance to hostile enchantments.
   It lets you go berserk.
 U - a +2 pair of elven boots of running (worn)
Magical devices
 s - a wand of hasting (0)
 t - a wand of hasting (6)
 u - a wand of heal wounds (4)
 v - a wand of cold (8)
 Z - a wand of confusion (5)
Comestibles
 f - 5 bread rations
 l - 14 strawberries
 m - 5 meat rations
 z - a rotting chunk of human flesh
 V - 8 chunks of iron dragon flesh
Scrolls
 k - 3 scrolls of blinking
 n - 2 scrolls of magic mapping
 o - a scroll of vulnerability
 p - 10 scrolls of remove curse
 x - a scroll of amnesia
 F - 5 scrolls of identify
 G - 2 scrolls of recharging
 J - 4 scrolls of fear
Jewellery
 c - the amulet "Vuts" {Spirit Acc+5}

[amulet of guardian spirit]
   It affects your accuracy (+5).
 j - the ring "Grak" {Regen Hunger +Blink +Rage rElec rF+ Dex+2 Int-2}

[ring of regeneration]
   It affects your intelligence (-2).
   It affects your dexterity (+2).
   It protects you from fire.
   It lets you blink.
   It lets you go berserk.
   It speeds your metabolism.
 D - the amulet "Aros" (around neck) {Clar rF+ Str+3 Dam+6}

[amulet of clarity]
   It affects your strength (+3).
   It affects your damage-dealing abilities (+6).
 E - an uncursed ring of see invisible
 H - the ring "Mimaux" {+Rage rPois Int-1 Dam+3}

[ring of poison resistance]
   It affects your intelligence (-1).
   It affects your damage-dealing abilities (+3).
   It lets you go berserk.
 M - the ring "Roinoz" {rF- rC+ MR++}

[ring of protection from cold]
   It makes you vulnerable to fire.
 N - the amulet "Wyehitz" {rMut -Tele Stlth+}

[amulet of resist mutation]
   It makes you much more stealthy.
 P - the ring of Liberty {+Fly Int-3}

[ring of intelligence]
   It affects your intelligence (-3).
   It lets you fly.
 R - the ring "Plog" {rN+ Str+3 Int-4}
   (You took it off an orc warrior in the Dungeon)   

[ring of positive energy]
   It affects your intelligence (-4).
 S - the ring of Doacyn {Contam +Inv rElec Str+1}

[ring of invisibility]
   It affects your strength (+1).
   It causes magical contamination when unequipped.
 T - a +0,+5 ring of slaying (right hand)
 X - the ring "Nynijoqu" {Str+2 Dex-4 Int+1}

[ring of intelligence]
   It affects your intelligence (+1).
   It affects your strength (+2).
   It affects your dexterity (-4).
 Y - the ring "Saseem" (left hand) {rPois Acc+5 Dam+5}

[ring of slaying]
   It affects your damage-dealing abilities (+5).
   It protects you from poison.
Potions
 e - 10 potions of curing
 i - 3 potions of magic
 w - 3 potions of cure mutation
 A - 3 potions of restore abilities
 B - a potion of might
 K - a potion of brilliance
 Q - a potion of agility
Miscellaneous
 h - the horn of Geryon
 r - a fan of gales

Skills:
 O Level 27 Fighting
 O Level 27 Maces & Flails
 - Level 11.3 Throwing
 O Level 27 Armour
 O Level 27 Dodging
 O Level 27 Shields
 + Level 26.1 Spellcasting
 - Level 15.7 Hexes
 - Level 19.8 Charms
 - Level 19.5 Translocations
 - Level 20.1 Air Magic
 O Level 27 Invocations

You had 43 spell levels left.
You knew the following spells:

Your Spells              Type           Power        Failure   Level  Hunger
p - Passage of Golubria   Tloc           N/A          1%          4    None
w - Spectral Weapon       Hex/Chrm       ######..     1%          3    None
A - Apportation           Tloc           ######....   0%          1    None
B - Blink                 Tloc           N/A          1%          2    None
G - Shroud of Golubria    Chrm/Tloc      ######....   1%          2    None
M - Deflect Missiles      Chrm/Air       ######....   1%          6    #####..
P - Phase Shift           Tloc           ######....   1%          5    ###....
W - Swiftness             Chrm/Air       ######....   0%          2    None
Z - Silence               Hex/Air        ######....   1%          5    ###....

Dungeon Overview and Level Annotations

Branches:
Dungeon (1/1)             

There were no monsters in sight!

Notes
Turn   | Place    | Note
--------------------------------------------------------------
     0 | D        | Charglit, the Gargoyle Gladiator, began the quest for the Orb.
     0 | D        | Reached XP level 1. HP: 13/13 MP: 0/0
    11 | D        | Reached skill level 4 in Maces & Flails
    20 | D        | Found a sparkling altar of Nemelex Xobeh.
    20 | D        | Found a shimmering altar of Xom.
    20 | D        | Found a deep blue altar of Sif Muna.
    20 | D        | Found a burning altar of Makhleb.
    20 | D        | Found an ancient bone altar of Kikubaaqudgha.
    20 | D        | Found a basalt altar of Yredelemnul.
    21 | D        | Found an iron altar of Okawaru.
    21 | D        | Found a roughly hewn altar of Beogh.
    21 | D        | Found a viscous altar of Jiyva.
    21 | D        | Found a corrupted altar of Lugonu.
    21 | D        | Found a glowing silver altar of Zin.
    21 | D        | Found a radiant altar of Vehumet.
    21 | D        | Found a blossoming altar of Fedhas.
    21 | D        | Found a snail-covered altar of Cheibriados.
    21 | D        | Found a white marble altar of Elyvilon.
    21 | D        | Found a bloodstained altar of Trog.
    21 | D        | Found a glowing golden altar of the Shining One.
    21 | D        | Found a shattered altar of Ashenzari.
    28 | D        | Became a worshipper of Warmaster Okawaru
    89 | D        | Noticed a brain worm
    94 | D        | Killed a brain worm
    94 | D        | Acquired Okawaru's first power
    94 | D        | Reached skill level 8 in Maces & Flails
    94 | D        | Reached XP level 2. HP: 18/18 MP: 1/1
    94 | D        | Reached XP level 3. HP: 22/22 MP: 2/2
    94 | D        | Reached XP level 4. HP: 28/28 MP: 3/3
   200 | D        | Noticed a brain worm
   205 | D        | Reached skill level 9 in Maces & Flails
   207 | D        | Killed a brain worm
   207 | D        | Reached skill level 10 in Maces & Flails
   207 | D        | Reached XP level 5. HP: 29/32 MP: 4/4
   222 | D        | Reached skill level 11 in Maces & Flails
   341 | D        | Noticed Menkaure
   365 | D        | Killed Menkaure
   365 | D        | Reached XP level 6. HP: 33/38 MP: 2/8
   398 | D        | Noticed a necrophage
   414 | D        | Killed a necrophage
   414 | D        | Reached skill level 5 in Fighting
   414 | D        | Reached skill level 12 in Maces & Flails
   421 | D        | Noticed a crimson imp
   425 | D        | Noticed a giant frog
   426 | D        | Killed a crimson imp
   426 | D        | Reached skill level 5 in Armour
   431 | D        | Killed a giant frog
   431 | D        | Reached skill level 13 in Maces & Flails
   431 | D        | Reached XP level 7. HP: 40/44 MP: 6/9
   446 | D        | Noticed a black mamba
   453 | D        | Killed a black mamba
   453 | D        | Reached skill level 14 in Maces & Flails
   457 | D        | Noticed Grinder
   457 | D        | Noticed an orc wizard
   460 | D        | Killed Grinder
   460 | D        | Reached XP level 8. HP: 39/51 MP: 11/11
   463 | D        | Killed an orc wizard
   476 | D        | Noticed a fire bat
   476 | D        | Noticed a snapping turtle
   494 | D        | Killed a snapping turtle
   494 | D        | Reached skill level 15 in Maces & Flails
   627 | D        | Killed a fire bat
   628 | D        | Noticed a swamp drake
   639 | D        | Killed a swamp drake
   783 | D        | Noticed a deep elf summoner
   783 | D        | Noticed a warg
   783 | D        | Noticed a wraith
   794 | D        | Killed a deep elf summoner
   794 | D        | Reached XP level 9. HP: 38/56 MP: 9/12
   810 | D        | Killed a wraith
   810 | D        | Reached skill level 16 in Maces & Flails
   811 | D        | Killed a warg
   936 | D        | Noticed a gargoyle
   937 | D        | Killed a gargoyle
   937 | D        | Reached skill level 10 in Fighting
   938 | D        | Noticed a gargoyle
   938 | D        | Noticed a wyvern
   939 | D        | Noticed a centaur
   942 | D        | Noticed a crimson imp
   944 | D        | Killed a wyvern
   945 | D        | Killed a centaur
   945 | D        | Reached skill level 10 in Armour
   950 | D        | Killed a crimson imp
   951 | D        | Killed a gargoyle
   951 | D        | Reached skill level 5 in Invocations
   967 | D        | Noticed a ynoxinul
   967 | D        | Noticed a spiny frog
   967 | D        | Noticed a flying skull
   972 | D        | Noticed a metal gargoyle
   975 | D        | Killed a spiny frog
   982 | D        | Killed a flying skull
   990 | D        | Killed a ynoxinul
  1002 | D        | Acquired Okawaru's second power
  1088 | D        | Killed a metal gargoyle
  1101 | D        | Noticed a plague shambler
  1102 | D        | Noticed a neqoxec
  1109 | D        | Noticed a vampire mage
  1121 | D        | Killed a neqoxec
  1124 | D        | Killed a plague shambler
  1124 | D        | Reached XP level 10. HP: 26/65 MP: 17/20
  1134 | D        | Killed a vampire mage
  1154 | D        | Noticed a black mamba
  1157 | D        | Killed a black mamba
  1263 | D        | Noticed a phantasmal warrior
  1278 | D        | Killed a phantasmal warrior
  1284 | D        | Noticed a warg
  1284 | D        | Noticed Erolcha
  1317 | D        | Killed a warg
  1339 | D        | Killed Erolcha
  1476 | D        | Noticed a hippogriff
  1476 | D        | Noticed a polar bear
  1476 | D        | Noticed a goliath beetle
  1482 | D        | Killed a hippogriff
  1486 | D        | Killed a polar bear
  1497 | D        | Killed a goliath beetle
  1507 | D        | Noticed a fire crab
  1507 | D        | Noticed a quasit
  1507 | D        | Noticed a smoke demon
  1508 | D        | Noticed a porcupine
  1508 | D        | Noticed Maurice
  1508 | D        | Noticed a trapdoor spider
  1508 | D        | Noticed a porcupine
  1508 | D        | Noticed a plague shambler
  1508 | D        | Noticed a fire drake
  1515 | D        | Killed a porcupine
  1518 | D        | Killed a quasit
  1519 | D        | Killed a porcupine
  1519 | D        | Reached skill level 17 in Maces & Flails
  1526 | D        | Killed a fire crab
  1526 | D        | Reached XP level 11. HP: 70/72 MP: 17/23
  1532 | D        | Killed Maurice
  1540 | D        | Killed a shadow wraith
  1541 | D        | Killed a plague shambler
  1541 | D        | Reached skill level 18 in Maces & Flails
  1541 | D        | Reached skill level 5 in Dodging
  1547 | D        | Killed a fire drake
  1562 | D        | Killed a smoke demon
  1586 | D        | Noticed a death yak
  1591 | D        | Killed a trapdoor spider
  1591 | D        | Received a gift from Okawaru
  1600 | D        | Killed a death yak
  1709 | D        | Got the ring of Greg {Hunger- Str+4}
  1780 | D        | Noticed a giant leech
  1796 | D        | Killed a giant leech
  1801 | D        | Noticed a basilisk
  1813 | D        | Killed a basilisk
  1816 | D        | Noticed a wolf
  1817 | D        | Noticed a hell hound
  1818 | D        | Noticed a hell hound
  1818 | D        | Noticed Grum
  1822 | D        | Killed a wolf
  1825 | D        | Killed a hell hound
  1829 | D        | Noticed a wolf
  1832 | D        | Killed Grum
  1835 | D        | Killed a wolf
  1835 | D        | Reached skill level 15 in Fighting
  1872 | D        | Killed a hell hound
  1978 | D        | Noticed a hell hound
  1978 | D        | Noticed a hell hound
  1986 | D        | Killed a hell hound
  1988 | D        | Killed a hell hound
  2001 | D        | Noticed an alligator snapping turtle
  2002 | D        | Noticed a yellow wasp
  2033 | D        | Killed an alligator snapping turtle
  2033 | D        | Reached skill level 19 in Maces & Flails
  2145 | D        | Killed a yellow wasp
  2180 | D        | Noticed an earth elemental
  2206 | D        | Killed an earth elemental
  2215 | D        | Noticed an efreet
  2224 | D        | Killed an efreet
  2238 | D        | Noticed Ilsuiw
  2238 | D        | Noticed a mermaid
  2238 | D        | Noticed a merfolk javelineer
  2238 | D        | Noticed a merfolk impaler
  2238 | D        | Noticed a mermaid
  2238 | D        | Noticed a redback
  2242 | D        | Killed a mermaid
  2257 | D        | Killed a merfolk javelineer
  2259 | D        | Killed a redback
  2273 | D        | Killed a merfolk impaler
  2273 | D        | Reached XP level 12. HP: 54/80 MP: 24/24
  2275 | D        | Killed a mermaid
  2275 | D        | Reached skill level 20 in Maces & Flails
  2309 | D        | Killed Ilsuiw
  2309 | D        | Received a gift from Okawaru
  2312 | D        | Got a crude sling {god gift}
  2394 | D        | Identified the +9,+7 sling "Veutu" {speed, rPois rC- Str-3 Dex+2} (Okawaru gifted it to you in the Dungeon)
  2394 | D        | Identified the +9,+7 sling "Veutu" {speed, rPois rC- Str-3 Dex+2} (Okawaru gifted it to you in the Dungeon)
  2649 | D        | Noticed an unseen horror
  2654 | D        | Killed an unseen horror
  2699 | D        | Noticed a wolf spider
  2699 | D        | Noticed an eye of draining
  2702 | D        | Killed a wolf spider
  2704 | D        | Noticed a centaur
  2706 | D        | Killed a centaur
  2707 | D        | Noticed a blizzard demon
  2710 | D        | Noticed an eidolon
  2728 | D        | Killed a blizzard demon
  2728 | D        | Received a gift from Okawaru
  2735 | D        | Killed an eidolon
  2735 | D        | Reached skill level 21 in Maces & Flails
  2737 | D        | Paralysed by a giant eyeball for 2 turns
  2743 | D        | Killed an eye of draining
  2744 | D        | Noticed a swamp dragon
  2893 | D        | Noticed an earth elemental
  2901 | D        | Noticed a centaur warrior
  2903 | D        | Killed an earth elemental
  2904 | D        | Noticed a swamp dragon
  2913 | D        | Killed a centaur warrior
  2918 | D        | Killed a swamp dragon
  2926 | D        | Killed a swamp dragon
  2936 | D        | Noticed a vampire
  2939 | D        | Killed a vampire
  2945 | D        | Noticed a hell hound
  2952 | D        | Killed a hell hound
  2955 | D        | Noticed a large abomination
  2958 | D        | Killed a large abomination
  2959 | D        | Noticed a hell hound
  2959 | D        | Noticed a hell hound
  2960 | D        | Noticed a molten gargoyle
  2964 | D        | Killed a hell hound
  2966 | D        | Noticed a greater naga
  2966 | D        | Killed a hell hound
  2967 | D        | Noticed a snapping turtle
  2992 | D        | Killed a greater naga
  2992 | D        | Received a gift from Okawaru
  2995 | D        | Killed a molten gargoyle
  2997 | D        | Noticed an eye of devastation
  2998 | D        | Noticed a neqoxec
  2998 | D        | Noticed a hell hound
  3004 | D        | Killed a snapping turtle
  3004 | D        | Reached skill level 10 in Dodging
  3006 | D        | Killed a neqoxec
  3006 | D        | Reached skill level 22 in Maces & Flails
  3032 | D        | Reached XP level 13. HP: 49/88 MP: 25/25
  3297 | D        | Identified the +6,+5 flail of Conformity {crush, Str+2}
  3298 | D        | Killed a deep elf priest
  3304 | D        | Killed a giant firefly
  3305 | D        | Killed a spriggan
  3310 | D        | Received a gift from Okawaru
  3311 | D        | Got a pair of encrusted boots {god gift}
  3314 | D        | Identified the +1 pair of boots of the Iron City of Dis {Str+3} (Okawaru gifted it to you in the Dungeon)
  3316 | D        | Got the ring of Phad {Str+4 Dex-2}
  3593 | D        | Noticed a catoblepas
  3593 | D        | Noticed an orc knight
  3594 | D        | Noticed an orc knight
  3608 | D        | Killed a catoblepas
  3611 | D        | Noticed an orc knight
  3612 | D        | Noticed an orc warlord
  3614 | D        | Noticed an orc knight
  3615 | D        | Noticed an orc knight
  3616 | D        | Noticed an orc knight
  3619 | D        | Noticed a deep dwarf death knight
  3631 | D        | Killed an orc warlord
  3638 | D        | Killed an orc knight
  3648 | D        | Killed an orc knight
  3673 | D        | Killed a deep dwarf death knight
  3684 | D        | Killed an orc knight
  3684 | D        | Reached skill level 15 in Armour
  3688 | D        | Killed an orc knight
  3698 | D        | Killed an orc knight
  3733 | D        | Killed an orc knight
  3734 | D        | Noticed an orc knight
  3737 | D        | Noticed an orc knight
  3743 | D        | Killed an orc knight
  3744 | D        | Noticed a yaktaur
  3744 | D        | Noticed an orc knight
  3745 | D        | Noticed a yaktaur
  3745 | D        | Noticed Nergalle
  3747 | D        | Noticed a naga warrior
  3748 | D        | Noticed a yaktaur captain
  3748 | D        | Noticed a deep dwarf death knight
  3748 | D        | Noticed a deep elf knight
  3748 | D        | Noticed an orc knight
  3748 | D        | Noticed a vault guard
  3748 | D        | Killed an orc knight
  3764 | D        | Noticed an orc knight
  3764 | D        | Killed Nergalle
  3769 | D        | Killed an orc knight
  3772 | D        | Killed a deep dwarf death knight
  3773 | D        | Killed a yaktaur
  3775 | D        | Killed a deep elf knight
  3778 | D        | Killed a deep elf knight
  3785 | D        | Killed a yaktaur captain
  3789 | D        | Killed a yaktaur
  3806 | D        | Killed an orc knight
  3815 | D        | Noticed an orc warlord
  3820 | D        | Killed a naga warrior
  3822 | D        | Killed an orc knight
  3825 | D        | Noticed a black draconian
  3830 | D        | Killed a vault guard
  3835 | D        | Killed a deep elf knight
  3835 | D        | Gained mutation: Your wings are large and strong. [gargoyle growth]
  3835 | D        | Reached XP level 14. HP: 53/98 MP: 22/26
  3841 | D        | Killed an orc warlord
  3844 | D        | Killed a black draconian
  3907 | D        | Paralysed by a giant eyeball for 4 turns
  3920 | D        | Paralysed by a giant eyeball for 3 turns
  4051 | D        | Noticed a naga warrior
  4057 | D        | Killed a naga warrior
  4141 | D        | Got the +1 helmet of the Elven Halls {MR++}
  4149 | D        | Got the +9 plate armour of the Other World {Int+2 Stlth++}
  4705 | D        | Noticed a deep dwarf death knight
  4705 | D        | Noticed a death cob
  4705 | D        | Noticed a necromancer
  4723 | D        | Killed a death cob
  4723 | D        | Received a gift from Okawaru
  4733 | D        | Killed a deep dwarf death knight
  4739 | D        | Killed a necromancer
  4853 | D        | Noticed a golden eye
  4858 | D        | Killed a golden eye
  4862 | D        | Noticed a minotaur
  4862 | D        | Noticed a necromancer
  4863 | D        | Noticed a siren
  4863 | D        | Noticed a hell knight
  4863 | D        | Noticed a hell knight
  4863 | D        | Noticed a cherub
  4863 | D        | Noticed a spiny worm
  4876 | D        | Noticed a hell knight
  4879 | D        | Killed a minotaur
  4883 | D        | Killed a hell knight
  4884 | D        | Noticed a hell knight
  4897 | D        | Killed a hell knight
  4898 | D        | Killed a hell knight
  4898 | D        | Reached skill level 5 in Shields
  4911 | D        | Killed a hell knight
  4920 | D        | Killed a spiny worm
  4927 | D        | Killed a necromancer
  4935 | D        | Killed a siren
  4939 | D        | Noticed an unborn
  4959 | D        | Killed a cherub
  4966 | D        | Killed an unborn
  4987 | D        | Noticed a red wasp
  4987 | D        | Noticed a naga warrior
  4987 | D        | Noticed an eye of draining
  4987 | D        | Noticed a spriggan rider
  4988 | D        | Noticed a six-headed hydra
  4988 | D        | Noticed a naga
  4988 | D        | Noticed an angel
  4996 | D        | Killed a spriggan rider
  4996 | D        | Killed a giant firefly
  4998 | D        | Killed a red wasp
  4999 | D        | Noticed a wizard
  5000 | D        | Noticed a naga
  5017 | D        | Killed a naga warrior
  5023 | D        | Killed an eye of draining
  5024 | D        | Noticed a naga
  5024 | D        | Noticed a naga
  5026 | D        | Killed a naga
  5030 | D        | Noticed a naga
  5031 | D        | Killed a wizard
  5033 | D        | Killed a naga
  5037 | D        | Killed a naga
  5042 | D        | Killed a six-headed hydra
  5047 | D        | Killed a naga
  5051 | D        | Killed a naga
  5058 | D        | Noticed a vampire knight
  5058 | D        | Noticed a deep elf death mage
  5058 | D        | Noticed a dragon
  5058 | D        | Noticed a deep elf sorcerer
  5071 | D        | Killed a deep elf sorcerer
  5081 | D        | Killed a dragon
  5081 | D        | Reached skill level 15 in Dodging
  5093 | D        | Noticed a naga
  5096 | D        | Noticed a hell beast
  5096 | D        | Killed a deep elf death mage
  5096 | D        | Reached skill level 10 in Shields
  5099 | D        | Killed a vampire knight
  5100 | D        | Noticed a deep elf annihilator
  5115 | D        | Killed a hell beast
  5125 | D        | Killed an angel
  5128 | D        | Killed a naga
  5143 | D        | Killed a deep elf annihilator
  5151 | D        | Noticed a frost giant
  5172 | D        | Killed a frost giant
  5186 | D        | Noticed a green death
  5187 | D        | Noticed an unborn
  5189 | D        | Noticed a neqoxec
  5210 | D        | Killed a green death
  5236 | D        | Noticed a blizzard demon
  5249 | D        | Killed a blizzard demon
  5337 | D        | Noticed a deep elf demonologist
  5340 | D        | Killed a deep elf demonologist
  5340 | D        | Reached XP level 15. HP: 47/104 MP: 27/27
  5376 | D        | Killed an unborn
  5473 | D        | Gained mutation: Your vision is a little blurry. [a neqoxec]
  5478 | D        | Killed a neqoxec
  5489 | D        | Noticed a spriggan defender
  5510 | D        | Killed a spriggan defender
  5759 | D        | Identified the Grimoire of Lucky Fascination
  5777 | D        | Noticed a catoblepas
  5778 | D        | Noticed a green death
  5778 | D        | Noticed a deep elf demonologist
  5807 | D        | Killed a green death
  5818 | D        | Killed a catoblepas
  5823 | D        | Killed a deep elf demonologist
  5887 | D        | Noticed a green draconian annihilator
  5903 | D        | Killed a green draconian annihilator
  5908 | D        | Noticed a dire elephant
  5908 | D        | Noticed a frost giant
  5909 | D        | Noticed a balrug
  5909 | D        | Noticed a hellephant
  5924 | D        | Noticed a deep elf blademaster
  5958 | D        | Killed a deep elf blademaster
  5959 | D        | Killed a frost giant
  5976 | D        | Killed a dire elephant
  5976 | D        | Received a gift from Okawaru
  5997 | D        | Killed a balrug
  6067 | D        | Killed a hellephant
  6516 | D        | Noticed an ogre mage
  6522 | D        | Killed an ogre mage
  6523 | D        | Noticed an ogre mage
  6525 | D        | Noticed a naga mage
  6525 | D        | Noticed a deep elf high priest
  6525 | D        | Noticed a wizard
  6526 | D        | Noticed a vampire mage
  6526 | D        | Noticed Frances
  6526 | D        | Noticed a deep elf annihilator
  6528 | D        | Noticed a purple draconian
  6531 | D        | Noticed a deep elf annihilator
  6548 | D        | Killed Frances
  6559 | D        | Killed a purple draconian
  6572 | D        | Killed a deep elf annihilator
  6572 | D        | Reached skill level 15 in Shields
  6576 | D        | Killed a wizard
  6585 | D        | Killed a naga mage
  6595 | D        | Killed a vampire mage
  6601 | D        | Killed an ogre mage
  6608 | D        | Killed a deep elf high priest
  6624 | D        | Noticed a red draconian knight
  6635 | D        | Noticed a deep elf sorcerer
  6649 | D        | Killed a deep elf annihilator
  6662 | D        | Killed a red draconian knight
  6686 | D        | Noticed a lich
  6686 | D        | Noticed a naga mage
  6687 | D        | Noticed a deep elf death mage
  6687 | D        | Noticed a hell knight
  6698 | D        | Killed a deep elf death mage
  6701 | D        | Killed a deep elf sorcerer
  6702 | D        | Noticed a deep elf annihilator
  6703 | D        | Killed a naga mage
  6706 | D        | Killed a lich
  6706 | D        | Received a gift from Okawaru
  6710 | D        | Killed a deep elf annihilator
  6713 | D        | Noticed a hell knight
  6714 | D        | Noticed a hell knight
  6716 | D        | Noticed a hell hog
  6716 | D        | Noticed a hell hog
  6719 | D        | Killed a hell knight
  6722 | D        | Killed a hell knight
  6726 | D        | Noticed a hell knight
  6728 | D        | Killed a hell knight
  6731 | D        | Killed a hell hog
  6731 | D        | Reached XP level 16. HP: 116/116 MP: 23/28
  6735 | D        | Killed a hell hog
  6740 | D        | Killed a hell knight
  6753 | D        | Noticed an eye of draining
  6753 | D        | Noticed a hell knight
  6754 | D        | Noticed Nikola
  6755 | D        | Noticed a yaktaur
  6755 | D        | Noticed a deep elf high priest
  6755 | D        | Noticed a hell hog
  6756 | D        | Noticed a dire elephant
  6760 | D        | Killed a hell hog
  6760 | D        | Killed an eye of draining
  6771 | D        | Killed a hell knight
  6776 | D        | Killed a deep elf high priest
  6777 | D        | Killed a yaktaur
  6782 | D        | Killed Nikola
  6788 | D        | Killed a dire elephant
  6815 | D        | Identified Ucsiaj's Catalogue of Creative Poison
  6824 | D        | Identified the Collected Works on Attacks and the Rocks (You found it in the Dungeon)
  6826 | D        | Identified the Volume of Lightness (You found it in the Dungeon)
  6828 | D        | Identified Brogout's Papyrus of the Voyage and Envenoming (You found it in the Dungeon)
  6868 | D        | Got the amulet of Fuppuah {Stasis rF+ Acc-1}
  6870 | D        | Got the amulet "Vaor" {rMut -Tele Dam-5}
  6872 | D        | Got the amulet "Ojuag" {Spirit Dex+3}
  6874 | D        | Got the amulet "Aros" {Clar rF+ Str+3 Dam+6}
  6876 | D        | Got the amulet "Xeushruth" {Gourm Str+3 Int+3}
  6878 | D        | Got the amulet "Uckupieb" {Gourm Str+3 Int+2}
  6880 | D        | Got the amulet of the Jolly Songs {Ward rF++}
  6882 | D        | Got the amulet "Veoc" {Spirit Dex-3}
  6884 | D        | Got the amulet of Xom's Bemusement {Ward Str-3 Dex+3}
  6886 | D        | Got the ring "Saseem" {rPois Acc+5 Dam+5}
  6922 | D        | Got the amulet "Cria" {Gourm rC+}
  7015 | D        | Got the ring "Goeloitte" {+Rage rF+ AC+6 Str-2}
  7024 | D        | Got the ring "Grak" {Regen Hunger +Blink +Rage rElec rF+ Dex+2 Int-2}
  7050 | D        | Got the ring of Twurch {MR Str+3 Int-3}
  7052 | D        | Got the ring "Mimaux" {+Rage rPois Int-1 Dam+3}
  7054 | D        | Got the ring "Roinoz" {rF- rC+ MR++}
  7132 | D        | Lost mutation: Your vision is a little blurry. [potion of cure mutation]
  7263 | D        | Noticed a Shadow Fiend
  7271 | D        | Killed a Shadow Fiend
  7371 | D        | Noticed a death ooze
  7373 | D        | Killed a death ooze
  7373 | D        | Reached skill level 23 in Fighting
  7376 | D        | Noticed Tiamat
  7422 | D        | Killed Tiamat
  7422 | D        | Received a gift from Okawaru
  7426 | D        | Got a crystal mace {god gift}
  7447 | D        | Identified the +8,+2 mace of Cuemn {freeze, SInv} (Okawaru gifted it to you in the Dungeon)
  7471 | D        | Noticed a titan
  7474 | D        | Killed a titan
  7478 | D        | Noticed a deep elf blademaster
  7488 | D        | Killed a deep elf blademaster
  7491 | D        | Noticed a curse toe
  7501 | D        | Killed a curse toe
  7580 | D        | Noticed an ettin
  7580 | D        | Noticed a dragon
  7580 | D        | Noticed a greater mummy
  7580 | D        | Noticed a deep elf demonologist
  7580 | D        | Noticed an eye of devastation
  7580 | D        | Noticed a deep elf master archer
  7580 | D        | Noticed a spriggan defender
  7587 | D        | Killed a lorocyproca
  7608 | D        | Killed a spriggan defender
  7612 | D        | Killed an eye of devastation
  7612 | D        | Received a gift from Okawaru
  7620 | D        | Killed a dragon
  7621 | D        | Killed an ettin
  7624 | D        | Noticed an Ice Fiend
  7626 | D        | Killed an Ice Fiend
  7629 | D        | Killed a deep elf master archer
  7631 | D        | Killed a deep elf demonologist
  7650 | D        | Killed a greater mummy
  7650 | D        | Reached skill level 24 in Fighting
  7800 | D        | Noticed a greater mummy
  7811 | D        | Killed a greater mummy
  7825 | D        | Noticed a yellow draconian
  7832 | D        | Killed a yellow draconian
  7834 | D        | Noticed a greater mummy
  7846 | D        | Killed a greater mummy
  7846 | D        | Reached XP level 17. HP: 59/125 MP: 29/29
  8069 | D        | Noticed an Ice Fiend
  8075 | D        | Killed an Ice Fiend
  8075 | D        | Reached skill level 25 in Fighting
  8099 | D        | Noticed a ghost moth
  8107 | D        | Killed a ghost moth
  8244 | D        | Noticed a Shadow Fiend
  8249 | D        | Killed a Shadow Fiend
  8249 | D        | Received a gift from Okawaru
  8263 | D        | Noticed Boris
  8277 | D        | Killed Boris
  8487 | D        | Noticed a Killer Klown
  8495 | D        | Killed a Killer Klown
  8512 | D        | Noticed an ancient lich
  8534 | D        | Killed an ancient lich
  8534 | D        | Reached skill level 26 in Fighting
  8677 | D        | Noticed Grint the pandemonium lord
  8693 | D        | Killed Grint the pandemonium lord
  8701 | D        | Noticed a golden dragon
  8708 | D        | Killed a golden dragon
  8712 | D        | Noticed a titan
  8718 | D        | Killed a titan
  8722 | D        | Noticed a pale draconian knight
  8738 | D        | Killed a pale draconian knight
  8743 | D        | Noticed the royal jelly
  8756 | D        | Killed the royal jelly
  8756 | D        | Received a gift from Okawaru
  8756 | D        | Reached skill level 27 in Fighting
  8757 | D        | Noticed a pearl dragon
  8769 | D        | Killed a pearl dragon
  8837 | D        | Got the +9,+9 demon whip of Straheqo {vamp, rF+}
  8856 | D        | Identified a +2 cloak of preservation (Okawaru gifted it to you in the Dungeon)
  8885 | D        | Noticed an ancient lich
  8894 | D        | Killed an ancient lich
  8894 | D        | Reached XP level 18. HP: 136/136 MP: 29/29
  8897 | D        | Noticed a deep elf sorcerer
  8900 | D        | Killed a deep elf sorcerer
  8904 | D        | Noticed a quicksilver dragon
  8911 | D        | Killed a quicksilver dragon
  8914 | D        | Noticed a moth of wrath
  8917 | D        | Killed a moth of wrath
  8989 | D        | Noticed a redback
  9000 | D        | Noticed a titan
  9000 | D        | Noticed a death ooze
  9007 | D        | Noticed a blizzard demon
  9011 | D        | Noticed an ophan
  9011 | D        | Killed a titan
  9015 | D        | Killed a death ooze
  9017 | D        | Noticed a vapour
  9021 | D        | Killed a blizzard demon
  9021 | D        | Reached skill level 10 in Spellcasting
  9031 | D        | Killed an ophan
  9043 | D        | Noticed a dragon
  9054 | D        | Killed a dragon
  9064 | D        | Noticed a yaktaur captain
  9064 | D        | Noticed a death ooze
  9064 | D        | Noticed a shadow dragon
  9064 | D        | Paralysed by a giant eyeball for 4 turns
  9074 | D        | Killed a death ooze
  9080 | D        | Killed a shadow dragon
  9080 | D        | Received a gift from Okawaru
  9087 | D        | Killed a yaktaur captain
  9097 | D        | Noticed a deep elf blademaster
  9097 | D        | Noticed a hellephant
  9098 | D        | Noticed a black draconian shifter
  9103 | D        | Noticed a death ooze
  9103 | D        | Killed a deep elf blademaster
  9105 | D        | Killed a vapour
  9119 | D        | Killed a death ooze
  9124 | D        | Killed a black draconian shifter
  9132 | D        | Killed a hellephant
  9132 | D        | Reached skill level 15 in Spellcasting
  9152 | D        | Noticed a spriggan defender
  9152 | D        | Noticed a large abomination
  9152 | D        | Noticed an ophan
  9152 | D        | Noticed an eight-headed hydra
  9155 | D        | Killed an eight-headed hydra
  9157 | D        | Killed an ophan
  9161 | D        | Killed a spriggan defender
  9163 | D        | Killed a large abomination
  9173 | D        | Noticed a spriggan defender
  9173 | D        | Noticed a balrug
  9173 | D        | Noticed a dire elephant
  9173 | D        | Noticed a dire elephant
  9177 | D        | Killed a dire elephant
  9180 | D        | Killed a dire elephant
  9188 | D        | Killed a balrug
  9190 | D        | Killed a spriggan defender
  9309 | D        | Noticed a cacodemon
  9324 | D        | Killed a cacodemon
  9387 | D        | Noticed a deep elf master archer
  9388 | D        | Noticed an azure jelly
  9388 | D        | Noticed an angel
  9389 | D        | Noticed a tormentor
  9401 | D        | Killed a tormentor
  9401 | D        | Received a gift from Okawaru
  9404 | D        | Killed a deep elf master archer
  9408 | D        | Killed an angel
  9409 | D        | Killed an azure jelly
  9652 | D        | Noticed an unborn
  9652 | D        | Noticed a deep elf blademaster
  9652 | D        | Noticed a reaper
  9652 | D        | Noticed a grey draconian caller
  9660 | D        | Killed a deep elf blademaster
  9676 | D        | Killed an unborn
  9682 | D        | Killed a grey draconian caller
  9686 | D        | Killed a reaper
  9702 | D        | Noticed a hellephant
  9702 | D        | Noticed a death drake
  9712 | D        | Killed a hellephant
  9712 | D        | Received a gift from Okawaru
  9716 | D        | Killed a death drake
  9734 | D        | Noticed a Brimstone Fiend
  9734 | D        | Noticed a tormentor
  9734 | D        | Noticed a spriggan air mage
  9734 | D        | Noticed a sphinx
  9738 | D        | Killed a tormentor
  9741 | D        | Killed a spriggan air mage
  9744 | D        | Killed a Brimstone Fiend
  9746 | D        | Killed a sphinx
  9751 | D        | Noticed a curse toe
  9751 | D        | Noticed a sun demon
  9759 | D        | Killed a sun demon
  9768 | D        | Killed a curse toe
  9909 | D        | Got the amulet "Wyehitz" {rMut -Tele Stlth+}
  9952 | D        | Noticed an ice dragon
  9952 | D        | Noticed a yaktaur
  9952 | D        | Noticed a dire elephant
  9952 | D        | Noticed a deep elf demonologist
  9958 | D        | Killed a deep elf demonologist
  9959 | D        | Noticed a yellow draconian
  9960 | D        | Noticed a cacodemon
  9967 | D        | Killed a dire elephant
  9969 | D        | Noticed an Ice Fiend
  9971 | D        | Noticed a Killer Klown
  9975 | D        | Killed an ice dragon
  9983 | D        | Killed a cacodemon
  9983 | D        | Reached XP level 19. HP: 112/144 MP: 34/38
  9985 | D        | Killed a yaktaur
  9997 | D        | Killed an Ice Fiend
  9999 | D        | Killed a yellow draconian
 10007 | D        | Killed a Killer Klown
 10021 | D        | Noticed a deep elf blademaster
 10027 | D        | Killed a deep elf blademaster
 10027 | D        | Received a gift from Okawaru
 10074 | D        | Learned a level 1 spell: Apportation
 10077 | D        | Learned a level 2 spell: Blink
 10080 | D        | Learned a level 2 spell: Shroud of Golubria
 10156 | D        | Learned a level 2 spell: Swiftness
 10237 | D        | Got the +10,+5 great mace of Psaudgh {antimagic, rF+}
 10326 | D        | Fell from the grace of Okawaru
 10326 | D        | Became a worshipper of the Shining One
 10509 | D        | Noticed a hill giant
 10509 | D        | Noticed an ettin
 10509 | D        | Noticed a frost giant
 10509 | D        | Acquired the Shining One's first power
 10509 | D        | Noticed a stone giant
 10509 | D        | Acquired the Shining One's second power
 10509 | D        | Noticed a titan
 10509 | D        | Noticed a fire giant
 10509 | D        | Acquired the Shining One's third power
 10511 | D        | Noticed a hill giant
 10512 | D        | Killed an ettin
 10513 | D        | Noticed a cyclops
 10513 | D        | Killed a cyclops
 10521 | D        | Noticed a titan
 10645 | D        | Killed a titan
 10648 | D        | Killed a titan
 10849 | D        | Killed a hill giant
 10862 | D        | Killed a frost giant
 10914 | D        | Noticed Mennas
 10914 | D        | Acquired the Shining One's fourth power
 10914 | D        | Noticed an Orb Guardian
 10935 | D        | Killed an Orb Guardian
 10938 | D        | Killed an Orb Guardian
 10938 | D        | Reached skill level 27 in Maces & Flails
 10940 | D        | Killed an Orb Guardian
 11073 | D        | Noticed an Orb Guardian
 11074 | D        | Noticed an azure jelly
 11082 | D        | Killed an Orb Guardian
 11088 | D        | Killed an azure jelly
 11089 | D        | Noticed a black draconian zealot
 11089 | D        | Noticed a cacodemon
 11104 | D        | Killed a black draconian zealot
 11108 | D        | Killed a cacodemon
 11139 | D        | Killed a frost giant
 11310 | D        | Noticed Jory
 11310 | D        | Noticed a pale draconian monk
 11317 | D        | Noticed the Serpent of Hell
 11319 | D        | Noticed Cerebov
 11352 | D        | Killed the Serpent of Hell
 11368 | D        | Killed Jory
 11372 | D        | Killed a pale draconian monk
 11409 | D        | Noticed a stone giant
 11417 | D        | Killed a stone giant
 11422 | D        | Noticed an ettin
 11426 | D        | Killed an ettin
 11432 | D        | Killed a frost giant
 11432 | D        | Reached skill level 27 in Armour
 11435 | D        | Noticed a stone giant
 11436 | D        | Noticed a stone giant
 11440 | D        | Noticed a frost giant
 11444 | D        | Killed a stone giant
 11448 | D        | Noticed a frost giant
 11449 | D        | Killed a stone giant
 11454 | D        | Killed a frost giant
 11459 | D        | Killed a hill giant
 11464 | D        | Killed a frost giant
 11471 | D        | Noticed a stone giant
 11473 | D        | Killed a titan
 11473 | D        | Reached skill level 27 in Dodging
 11473 | D        | Reached skill level 27 in Shields
 11473 | D        | Reached skill level 1 in Charms
 11473 | D        | Reached skill level 1 in Translocations
 11475 | D        | Noticed a fire giant
 11476 | D        | Noticed a stone giant
 11478 | D        | Killed a fire giant
 11478 | D        | Reached skill level 1 in Air Magic
 11485 | D        | Killed a stone giant
 11492 | D        | Killed a stone giant
 11495 | D        | Noticed a titan
 11497 | D        | Noticed a stone giant
 11501 | D        | Killed a fire giant
 11506 | D        | Noticed a hill giant
 11518 | D        | Killed a titan
 11520 | D        | HP: 1/144 [frost giant/bolt of cold (22)]
 11531 | D        | Killed a frost giant
 11574 | D        | Killed a hill giant
 11574 | D        | Reached skill level 5 in Charms
 11574 | D        | Reached skill level 5 in Translocations
 11579 | D        | Noticed a stone giant
 11582 | D        | Killed a hill giant
 11585 | D        | Killed a stone giant
 11587 | D        | Killed a frost giant
 11590 | D        | Killed a titan
 11592 | D        | Killed a stone giant
 11592 | D        | Reached skill level 5 in Air Magic
 11936 | D        | Killed an ettin
 11949 | D        | Noticed a frost giant
 11965 | D        | Killed a frost giant
 11980 | D        | Noticed a hill giant
 11996 | D        | Killed a hill giant
 12013 | D        | Noticed an ettin
 12018 | D        | Killed an ettin
 12021 | D        | Killed an ettin
 12024 | D        | Killed an ettin
 12027 | D        | Noticed a frost giant
 12034 | D        | Killed a frost giant
 12036 | D        | Killed a hill giant
 12042 | D        | Noticed a fire giant
 12045 | D        | Noticed a frost giant
 12045 | D        | Killed a hill giant
 12045 | D        | Reached XP level 20. HP: 146/151 MP: 13/40
 12053 | D        | Killed a fire giant
 12058 | D        | Killed a frost giant
 12087 | D        | Noticed a hill giant
 12193 | D        | Killed a stone giant
 12194 | D        | Killed a hill giant
 12199 | D        | Identified a +7,+7 Blessed Scourge (a +7,+6 vampiric demon whip blessed by the Shining One)
 12332 | D        | Killed a stone giant
 12399 | D        | Killed a stone giant
 12459 | D        | Noticed a Brimstone Fiend
 12477 | D        | Killed a Brimstone Fiend
 12525 | D        | Killed Cerebov
 12748 | D        | Noticed an Ice Fiend
 12756 | D        | Killed an Ice Fiend
 12756 | D        | Reached skill level 15 in Charms
 12776 | D        | Learned a level 3 spell: Spectral Weapon
 12783 | D        | Learned a level 6 spell: Deflect Missiles
 12788 | D        | Learned a level 4 spell: Passage of Golubria
 12804 | D        | Killed an iron troll
 12839 | D        | Noticed an orc sorcerer
 12839 | D        | Noticed an orc warlord
 12839 | D        | Noticed an orc warrior
 12839 | D        | Noticed an orc knight
 12839 | D        | Noticed an orc high priest
 12840 | D        | Noticed an orc warlord
 12840 | D        | Noticed an orc sorcerer
 12840 | D        | Noticed an orc warlord
 12843 | D        | Noticed an orc warlord
 12843 | D        | Noticed an orc knight
 12846 | D        | Noticed an orc high priest
 12847 | D        | Killed an orc warlord
 12847 | D        | Reached skill level 10 in Invocations
 12848 | D        | Noticed an orc warlord
 12854 | D        | Noticed an orc warrior
 12859 | D        | Killed an orc warlord
 12862 | D        | Noticed an orc sorcerer
 12867 | D        | Noticed an orc high priest
 12867 | D        | Noticed an orc knight
 12867 | D        | Noticed an orc warrior
 12867 | D        | Noticed an orc knight
 12868 | D        | Noticed an orc knight
 12868 | D        | Noticed an orc warrior
 12872 | D        | Noticed an orc knight
 12873 | D        | Killed an orc warlord
 12874 | D        | Killed an orc warlord
 12876 | D        | Killed an orc warlord
 12881 | D        | Killed an orc warlord
 12888 | D        | Killed an orc warlord
 12888 | D        | Reached skill level 15 in Invocations
 12890 | D        | Noticed an orc warlord
 12891 | D        | Noticed an orc high priest
 12891 | D        | Noticed an orc warrior
 12892 | D        | Noticed an orc high priest
 12894 | D        | Killed an orc warlord
 12895 | D        | Noticed an orc high priest
 12909 | D        | Killed an orc warlord
 12923 | D        | Killed an orc warlord
 12936 | D        | Killed an orc warlord
 12937 | D        | Killed an orc warlord
 12969 | D        | Killed an orc warlord
 12971 | D        | Killed an orc knight
 12972 | D        | Killed an orc high priest
 12983 | D        | Was placed under penance by the Shining One
 13024 | D        | Killed an orc knight
 13033 | D        | Killed an orc high priest
 13033 | D        | Was forgiven by the Shining One
 13038 | D        | Killed an orc sorcerer
 13047 | D        | Killed an orc sorcerer
 13052 | D        | Killed an orc sorcerer
 13055 | D        | Killed an orc knight
 13058 | D        | Killed an orc knight
 13074 | D        | Killed an orc sorcerer
 13100 | D        | Killed an orc high priest
 13103 | D        | Killed an orc sorcerer
 13105 | D        | Killed an orc sorcerer
 13116 | D        | Noticed an orc warrior
 13117 | D        | Killed an orc high priest
 13121 | D        | Killed an orc sorcerer
 13124 | D        | Killed an orc high priest
 13125 | D        | Killed an orc knight
 13126 | D        | Killed an orc high priest
 13128 | D        | Killed an orc warrior
 13130 | D        | Killed an orc warrior
 13137 | D        | Killed an orc high priest
 13148 | D        | Noticed an orc warrior
 13153 | D        | Killed an orc sorcerer
 13155 | D        | Killed an orc warrior
 13178 | D        | Killed an orc warrior
 13184 | D        | Killed an orc warrior
 13187 | D        | Killed an orc knight
 13191 | D        | Noticed an orc warrior
 13193 | D        | Noticed an orc high priest
 13194 | D        | Killed an orc warrior
 13199 | D        | Killed an orc knight
 13204 | D        | Noticed an orc knight
 13206 | D        | Killed an orc high priest
 13216 | D        | Killed an orc high priest
 13217 | D        | Killed an orc warrior
 13218 | D        | Killed an orc warlord
 13223 | D        | Killed an orc knight
 13225 | D        | Killed an orc warrior
 13227 | D        | Killed an orc warrior
 13228 | D        | Killed an orc warrior
 13237 | D        | Killed an orc knight
 13238 | D        | Killed an orc warrior
 13247 | D        | Killed an orc high priest
 13250 | D        | Killed an orc warrior
 13253 | D        | Killed an orc warrior
 13255 | D        | Killed an orc warrior
 13257 | D        | Killed an orc warrior
 13285 | D        | Got a silver rune of Zot
 13325 | D        | Got the ring "Plog" {rN+ Str+3 Int-4}
 13325 | D        | Got the ring of Doacyn {Contam +Inv rElec Str+1}
 13458 | D        | Noticed an ettin
 13463 | D        | Noticed a fire giant
 13465 | D        | Killed an ettin
 13469 | D        | Noticed an ettin
 13474 | D        | Killed a fire giant
 13476 | D        | Noticed a fire giant
 13478 | D        | Noticed a hill giant
 13480 | D        | Killed an ettin
 13484 | D        | Noticed a cyclops
 13486 | D        | Killed a fire giant
 13490 | D        | Killed a hill giant
 13496 | D        | Killed a cyclops
 13499 | D        | Noticed a frost giant
 13508 | D        | Killed a frost giant
 13522 | D        | Noticed a frost giant
 13531 | D        | Killed a frost giant
 13550 | D        | Noticed an ettin
 13558 | D        | Killed an ettin
 13566 | D        | Noticed a fire giant
 13566 | D        | Noticed an ettin
 13568 | D        | Noticed a cyclops
 13577 | D        | Killed a fire giant
 13581 | D        | Killed an ettin
 13586 | D        | Killed a cyclops
 13588 | D        | Noticed a hill giant
 13591 | D        | Noticed a stone giant
 13593 | D        | Killed a hill giant
 13596 | D        | Noticed an ettin
 13597 | D        | Noticed a fire giant
 13597 | D        | Noticed a stone giant
 13599 | D        | Noticed a cyclops
 13600 | D        | Noticed a cyclops
 13601 | D        | Killed a stone giant
 13603 | D        | Noticed a frost giant
 13618 | D        | Killed an ettin
 13626 | D        | Killed a fire giant
 13633 | D        | Killed a frost giant
 13633 | D        | Reached XP level 21. HP: 114/157 MP: 41/41
 13638 | D        | Killed a cyclops
 13645 | D        | Killed a stone giant
 13645 | D        | Reached skill level 27 in Invocations
 13648 | D        | Killed a cyclops
 13657 | D        | Noticed a cyclops
 13670 | D        | Killed a cyclops
 13717 | D        | Noticed a titan
 13725 | D        | Killed a titan
 13728 | D        | Noticed a fire giant
 13740 | D        | Killed a fire giant
 13740 | D        | Reached skill level 10 in Translocations
 14093 | D        | Identified a +2 pair of elven boots of running (You found it in the Dungeon)
 14094 | D        | Identified the Disquisition on the Escort and Dislocation
 14126 | D        | Learned a level 5 spell: Phase Shift
 14140 | D        | Identified the Collected Works on the Displaced Entourage (You found it in the Dungeon)
 14141 | D        | Got a golden rune of Zot
  14232 | D        | Identified the Collected Works on the Displaced Entourage (You found it in the Dungeon)
 14314 | D        | Noticed a stone giant
 14324 | D        | Killed a stone giant
 14403 | D        | Got the ring of Liberty {+Fly Int-3}
 14405 | D        | Got the ring "Nynijoqu" {Str+2 Dex-4 Int+1}
 14448 | D        | Got the amulet "Vuts" {Spirit Acc+5}
 14524 | D        | Noticed a fire giant
 14530 | D        | Killed a fire giant
 14574 | D        | Learned a level 5 spell: Silence
 15437 | D        | Reached skill level 15 in Air Magic
 15443 | D        | Killed Jeunin the pandemonium lord
 15443 | D        | Reached XP level 22. HP: 96/165 MP: 10/44
 15455 | D        | Killed an iron dragon
 15456 | D        | Noticed an acid blob
 15461 | D        | Killed an acid blob
 15513 | D        | Noticed a hellephant
 15544 | D        | Killed a hellephant
 15816 | D        | Noticed a lich
 15822 | D        | Killed a lich
 15822 | D        | Reached skill level 5 in Hexes
 15831 | D        | Noticed an Orb Guardian
 15834 | D        | Noticed an Orb Guardian
 15836 | D        | Noticed an Orb Guardian
 15839 | D        | Noticed an Orb Guardian
 15853 | D        | Killed an Orb Guardian
 15854 | D        | Killed an Orb Guardian
 15856 | D        | Killed an Orb Guardian
 15857 | D        | Killed an Orb Guardian
 15864 | D        | Killed a dire elephant
 15867 | D        | Killed an Orb Guardian
 15873 | D        | Noticed an Orb Guardian
 15876 | D        | Noticed an Orb Guardian
 15878 | D        | Noticed an Orb Guardian
 15878 | D        | Killed an Orb Guardian
 15879 | D        | Noticed an Orb Guardian
 15883 | D        | Killed an Orb Guardian
 15883 | D        | Reached skill level 10 in Hexes
 15886 | D        | Noticed an Orb Guardian
 15891 | D        | Killed an Orb Guardian
 15896 | D        | Killed an Orb Guardian
 15900 | D        | Killed an Orb Guardian
 15906 | D        | Noticed an Orb Guardian
 15907 | D        | Noticed an Orb Guardian
 15916 | D        | Killed an Orb Guardian
 15918 | D        | Noticed a pearl dragon
 15919 | D        | Noticed an Orb Guardian
 15919 | D        | Noticed a necromancer
 15920 | D        | Killed an Orb Guardian
 15921 | D        | Noticed Margery
 15921 | D        | Noticed a hell knight
 15921 | D        | Noticed a cacodemon
 15922 | D        | Noticed a hell knight
 15938 | D        | Killed a hell knight
 15941 | D        | Killed an Orb Guardian
 15948 | D        | Killed a necromancer
 15953 | D        | Noticed a hell knight
 15953 | D        | Noticed a hell knight
 15956 | D        | Killed a hell knight
 15962 | D        | Killed a cacodemon
 15963 | D        | Killed a hell knight
 15966 | D        | Killed Margery
 15968 | D        | Killed a hell knight
 15971 | D        | Killed a hell knight
 16008 | D        | Noticed Ignacio
 16015 | D        | Killed Ignacio
 16019 | D        | Noticed Geryon
 16057 | D        | Killed Geryon
 16057 | D        | Reached skill level 15 in Hexes
 16068 | D        | Noticed Dofaup the pandemonium lord
 16088 | D        | Killed Dofaup the pandemonium lord
 16130 | D        | Noticed an iron dragon
 16141 | D        | Killed an iron dragon
 16145 | D        | Noticed a curse toe
 16145 | D        | Noticed a titan
 16221 | D        | Killed a curse toe
 16230 | D        | Killed a titan
 16260 | D        | Got the Orb of Zot
 16367 | D        | Escaped with the Orb!

Action                   |  1- 3 |  4- 6 |  7- 9 | 10-12 | 13-15 | 16-18 | 19-21 | 22-24 || total
-------------------------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------++-------
Melee: Mace              |     7 |    15 |       |       |       |       |       |       ||    22
       Flail             |       |    21 |    39 |       |       |       |       |       ||    60
       Morningstar       |       |       |    59 |   250 |       |       |    73 |    85 ||   467
       Dire flail        |       |       |       |    94 |   134 |       |       |       ||   228
       Great mace        |       |       |       |       |    94 |       |   174 |       ||   268
       Demon whip        |       |       |       |       |   536 |   581 |    26 |       ||  1143
       Sacred scourge    |       |       |       |       |       |       |   535 |    70 ||   605
Throw: Javelin           |       |       |       |     1 |       |       |       |       ||     1
 Cast: Spectral Weapon   |       |       |       |       |       |       |    11 |    11 ||    22
       Swiftness         |       |       |       |       |       |       |     3 |     4 ||     7
       Blink             |       |       |       |       |       |       |     1 |     1 ||     2
       Phase Shift       |       |       |       |       |       |       |     3 |     2 ||     5
       Shroud of Golubri |       |       |       |       |       |       |     2 |     2 ||     4
       Passage of Golubr |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |     3 ||     3
       Deflect Missiles  |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |     2 ||     2
Invok: Heroism           |       |     2 |     4 |     8 |    10 |    15 |       |       ||    39
       Finesse           |       |       |       |     4 |     9 |    11 |       |       ||    24
       Summon Divine War |       |       |       |       |       |       |     6 |       ||     6
       Divine Shield     |       |       |       |       |       |       |     1 |       ||     1
       Cleansing Flame   |       |       |       |       |       |       |     4 |       ||     4
 Abil: Evoke Blink       |       |       |       |       |       |     1 |       |       ||     1
Evoke: Wand              |       |       |     1 |     1 |     1 |     1 |     5 |       ||     9
       Miscellaneous     |       |       |       |       |       |       |     1 |       ||     1
  Use: Potion            |       |       |     1 |    12 |     5 |     6 |    21 |       ||    45
       Scroll            |       |       |       |     2 |    16 |     1 |     1 |       ||    20
 Stab: Fleeing           |       |       |       |       |       |     3 |       |       ||     3
       Distracted        |       |       |       |       |       |       |     2 |       ||     2

In particular you could look at the notes and see how I trained up, if you think it would help you.
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

Swamp Slogger

Post Wednesday, 13th November 2013, 21:31

Siegurt wrote:If it helps here's my most recent win from the pit:
  Code:
 Dungeon Sprint DCSS version 0.14-a0-629-g748cab2 (console) character file.

2166621 Charglit the Conqueror (level 22, 165/165 HPs)
             Began as a Gargoyle Gladiator on Nov 7, 2013.
             Was the Champion of the Shining One.
             Escaped with the Orb
             ... and 2 runes!

The game lasted 02:53:57 (16367 turns).

Charglit the Conqueror (Gargoyle Gladiator)        Turns: 16367, Time: 02:53:57

HP 165/165       AC 64     Str 28      XL: 22   Next: 88%
MP  46/46        EV 19     Int 11      God: the Shining One [******]
Gold 276         SH 59     Dex 15      Spells:  9 memorised, 43 levels left

Res.Fire  : + + .   See Invis. : .   a - +7,+8 Blessed Scourge
Res.Cold  : + . .   Warding    : .   L - +8 gold dragon armour
Life Prot.: + + +   Conserve   : +   g - +3 orc large shield {rPois}
Res.Poison: +       Res.Corr.  : +   O - +2 hat of the Bear Spirit {Spirit, +Rage rN+ MR+}
Res.Elec. : .       Clarity    : +   y - +2 cloak {rCorr, Cons}
Sust.Abil.: . .     Spirit.Shd : +   C - +0 pair of gauntlets {Dex+3}
Res.Mut.  : .       Prev.Telep.: +   U - +2 pair of elf boots {run}
Res.Rott. : +       Flight     : .   D - amulet "Aros" {Clar rF+ Str+3 Dam+6}
Saprovore : . . .                    T - +0,+5 ring of slaying
                                     Y - ring "Saseem" {rPois Acc+5 Dam+5}

@: glowing, quick, very resistant to hostile enchantments, extremely unstealthy
A: large and strong wings, fangs 1, talons 2, life protection 1, slow metabolism
1, unbreathing, petrification resistance, AC +16
a: Fly, Divine Shield, Cleansing Flame, Summon Divine Warrior, Renounce
Religion, Evoke Berserk Rage
0: Orb of Zot
}: 2/15 runes: silver, golden

You escaped.
You worshipped the Shining One.
the Shining One was exalted by your worship.
You were not hungry.

You visited 1 branch
You collected 276 gold pieces.

Inventory:

Hand weapons
 a - a +7,+8 Blessed Scourge (weapon)
 b - the +11,+11 morningstar "Eos" {elec, -Tele rElec SInv}

Occasionally, upon striking a foe, it will discharge some electrical energy
   and cause terrible harm.

It enhances your eyesight.
Missiles
 d - 3 throwing nets
 q - 10 stones
 I - 12 javelins (quivered)
Armour
 g - a +3 orcish large shield of poison resistance (worn)
 y - a +2 cloak of preservation (worn)
 C - a +0 pair of gauntlets of dexterity (worn)
 L - a +8 gold dragon armour (worn)
 O - the +2 hat of the Bear Spirit (worn) {Spirit, +Rage rN+ MR+}

It protects you from negative energy.
   It lets you go berserk.
 U - a +2 pair of elven boots of running (worn)
Magical devices
 s - a wand of hasting (0)
 t - a wand of hasting (6)
 u - a wand of heal wounds (4)
 v - a wand of cold (8)
 Z - a wand of confusion (5)
Comestibles
 f - 5 bread rations
 l - 14 strawberries
 m - 5 meat rations
 z - a rotting chunk of human flesh
 V - 8 chunks of iron dragon flesh
Scrolls
 k - 3 scrolls of blinking
 n - 2 scrolls of magic mapping
 o - a scroll of vulnerability
 p - 10 scrolls of remove curse
 x - a scroll of amnesia
 F - 5 scrolls of identify
 G - 2 scrolls of recharging
 J - 4 scrolls of fear
Jewellery
 c - the amulet "Vuts" {Spirit Acc+5}

[amulet of guardian spirit]
 j - the ring "Grak" {Regen Hunger +Blink +Rage rElec rF+ Dex+2 Int-2}

[ring of regeneration]
   It affects your intelligence (-2).
   It affects your dexterity (+2).
   It lets you blink.
   It lets you go berserk.
   It speeds your metabolism.
 D - the amulet "Aros" (around neck) {Clar rF+ Str+3 Dam+6}

[amulet of clarity]
   It affects your damage-dealing abilities (+6).
 E - an uncursed ring of see invisible
 H - the ring "Mimaux" {+Rage rPois Int-1 Dam+3}

[ring of poison resistance]
   It affects your intelligence (-1).
   It affects your damage-dealing abilities (+3).
   It lets you go berserk.
 M - the ring "Roinoz" {rF- rC+ MR++}

[ring of protection from cold]
   It makes you vulnerable to fire.
 N - the amulet "Wyehitz" {rMut -Tele Stlth+}

[amulet of resist mutation]
   It makes you much more stealthy.
 P - the ring of Liberty {+Fly Int-3}

[ring of intelligence]
   It affects your intelligence (-3).
   It lets you fly.
 R - the ring "Plog" {rN+ Str+3 Int-4}

[ring of positive energy]
   It affects your intelligence (-4).
 S - the ring of Doacyn {Contam +Inv rElec Str+1}

[ring of invisibility]
   It affects your strength (+1).
   It causes magical contamination when unequipped.
 T - a +0,+5 ring of slaying (right hand)
 X - the ring "Nynijoqu" {Str+2 Dex-4 Int+1}

[ring of intelligence]
   It affects your intelligence (+1).
   It affects your strength (+2).
   It affects your dexterity (-4).
 Y - the ring "Saseem" (left hand) {rPois Acc+5 Dam+5}

[ring of slaying]
   It affects your damage-dealing abilities (+5).
   It protects you from poison.
Potions
 e - 10 potions of curing
 i - 3 potions of magic
 w - 3 potions of cure mutation
 A - 3 potions of restore abilities
 B - a potion of might
 K - a potion of brilliance
 Q - a potion of agility
Miscellaneous
 h - the horn of Geryon
 r - a fan of gales

Skills:
 O Level 27 Fighting
 O Level 27 Maces & Flails
 - Level 11.3 Throwing
 O Level 27 Armour
 O Level 27 Dodging
 O Level 27 Shields
 + Level 26.1 Spellcasting
 - Level 15.7 Hexes
 - Level 19.8 Charms
 - Level 19.5 Translocations
 - Level 20.1 Air Magic
 O Level 27 Invocations

You had 43 spell levels left.
You knew the following spells:

Your Spells              Type           Power        Failure   Level  Hunger
p - Passage of Golubria   Tloc           N/A          1%          4    None
w - Spectral Weapon       Hex/Chrm       ######..     1%          3    None
A - Apportation           Tloc           ######....   0%          1    None
B - Blink                 Tloc           N/A          1%          2    None
G - Shroud of Golubria    Chrm/Tloc      ######....   1%          2    None
M - Deflect Missiles      Chrm/Air       ######....   1%          6    #####..
P - Phase Shift           Tloc           ######....   1%          5    ###....
W - Swiftness             Chrm/Air       ######....   0%          2    None
Z - Silence               Hex/Air        ######....   1%          5    ###....

Snipped for post size limit.

In particular you could look at the notes and see how I trained up, if you think it would help you.

I've tried melee fighters, but they just end up overwhelmed by the gridvault/minivault when I open them. I can slice a few down, run away, heal up, but by the time I return, the monsters have equipped all the loot, and become much much harder to defeat.

Edit: I was trying another healer, but accidentally hit invisible Sigmund after I neutralized him. Now I'm under penance without any demon weapons I can sacrifice to lift it.

Code:
 Dungeon Sprint DCSS version 0.13.0 (tiles) character file.

Dron the Sinner (Deep Dwarf Healer)                  Turns: 618, Time: 00:04:55

HP  21/48        AC  9     Str 17      XL: 5   Next: 58%
MP  16/16        EV 11     Int 12      God: *Elyvilon
Gold 100         SH  0     Dex 12      Spells:  0 memorised,  4 levels left

Res.Fire  : . . .   See Invis. : .   t - +0,+2 hand axe (freeze)
Res.Cold  : . . .   Warding    : .   s - +3 dwarf ring mail
Life Prot.: . . .   Conserve   : .   (no shield)
Res.Poison: .       Res.Corr.  : .   (no helmet)
Res.Elec. : .       Clarity    : .   (no cloak)
Sust.Abil.: . .     Spirit.Shd : .   (no gloves)
Res.Mut.  : .       Prev.Telep.: +   (no boots)
Res.Rott. : .       Flight     : .   (no amulet)
Saprovore : . . .                    (no ring)
                                     (no ring)

@: non-regenerating, somewhat resistant to hostile enchantments, extremely
unstealthy
A: damage resistance, recharge devices, sense surroundings 1, slow healing 3
a: Device Recharging, Lesser Healing, Renounce Religion

You are in the Dungeon.
You worship Elyvilon.
Elyvilon is demanding penance.
You are very hungry.

You have visited 1 branch
Inventory:

Hand weapons
 t - a +0,+2 hand axe of freezing (weapon)
Armour
 a - a +1 robe
 s - a +3 dwarven ring mail (worn)
Magical devices
 d - a wand of heal wounds (5)
Comestibles
 f - 9 bread rations
 j - 35 strawberries
 k - 7 meat rations
 r - a rotting chunk of giant cockroach flesh
Scrolls
 i - a scroll of blinking
 m - 2 scrolls of vulnerability
 n - 3 scrolls of remove curse
 o - 5 scrolls of amnesia
Potions
 b - 7 potions of curing
 c - 7 potions of heal wounds
 e - a potion of speed
 g - 4 potions of magic
 h - 3 potions of berserk rage
 l - 2 potions of invisibility

Skills:
 + Level 3.3 Fighting
 + Level 2.3 Axes
 + Level 1.0 Armour
 + Level 5.4 Dodging
 + Level 13.1 Invocations

You have 4 spell levels left.
You don't know any spells.

Branches:
Dungeon (1/1)             

Altars:
Ashenzari
Cheibriados
Elyvilon
Fedhas
Kikubaaqudgha
Makhleb
Nemelex Xobeh
Okawaru
Sif Muna
Trog
Vehumet
Xom
Yredelemnul
Zin
the Shining One
Beogh
Jiyva
Lugonu

Innate Abilities, Weirdness & Mutations

You are resistant to damage.
You can recharge devices by infusing magical energy.
You passively map a small area around you.
You do not heal naturally.

Message History

a scythe; an orcish hand axe; a robe; the human corpse of Sigmund
There is an open door here.
You see here a +3 elven chain mail.
You see here a +0,+2 dagger of venom.
You see here a +2,+2 hand axe.
You see here a +1,+0 long sword of flaming.
You offer a prayer to Elyvilon.
There are no unholy or evil weapons here to destroy!
Elyvilon demands penance!
You see here a +2,+2 hand axe.
You see here a +3 elven chain mail.
You offer a prayer to Elyvilon.
There are no unholy or evil weapons here to destroy!
Elyvilon demands penance!

#######'##############''#
#.....'.'..##............
#.....#.#..##......#..#..
#######'#####............
#...........'............
#'#####'#####......#..#..
#.#.....#..##............
#.#.....#))#####'#####++#
#)###'###))##.......#*
#)#.....#))##.......#  ,
#.#.....#[@##.......#* ,,
#)####'##'###...<...#
#(#........##.......#
#.#........##.......#
#)###########.......#*  ,
#..,    *,, #########
#...,    ,*
#...#     *  , *   ,
#..## ,     , ,
#...*         ,  ,

There are no monsters in sight!

Vanquished Creatures
  Sigmund (D)
  A worker ant (D)
  A giant mite (D)
  A giant eyeball (D)
  An ooze (D)
  A giant cockroach (D)
  A giant gecko skeleton (D)
7 creatures vanquished.

Vanquished Creatures (others)
  2 orcs (D)
  A kobold (D)
3 creatures vanquished.

Grand Total: 10 creatures vanquished

Notes
Turn   | Place    | Note
     0 | D        | Dron, the Deep Dwarf Healer, began the quest for the Orb.
     0 | D        | Reached XP level 1. HP: 19/19 MP: 2/2
   151 | D        | Reached skill level 5 in Invocations
   167 | D        | Found a sparkling altar of Nemelex Xobeh.
   167 | D        | Found a shimmering altar of Xom.
   167 | D        | Found a deep blue altar of Sif Muna.
   167 | D        | Found a burning altar of Makhleb.
   167 | D        | Found an ancient bone altar of Kikubaaqudgha.
   167 | D        | Found a basalt altar of Yredelemnul.
   168 | D        | Found an iron altar of Okawaru.
   168 | D        | Found a roughly hewn altar of Beogh.
   168 | D        | Found a viscous altar of Jiyva.
   168 | D        | Found a corrupted altar of Lugonu.
   168 | D        | Found a glowing silver altar of Zin.
   168 | D        | Found a radiant altar of Vehumet.
   168 | D        | Found a blossoming altar of Fedhas.
   168 | D        | Found a snail-covered altar of Cheibriados.
   168 | D        | Found a white marble altar of Elyvilon.
   168 | D        | Found a bloodstained altar of Trog.
   168 | D        | Found a glowing golden altar of the Shining One.
   168 | D        | Found a shattered altar of Ashenzari.
   212 | D        | Reached skill level 6 in Invocations
   212 | D        | Reached XP level 2. HP: 26/26 MP: 3/5
   233 | D        | Noticed a worker ant
   238 | D        | Killed a worker ant
   238 | D        | Reached skill level 8 in Invocations
   238 | D        | Reached XP level 3. HP: 22/32 MP: 6/8
   245 | D        | Paralysed by a giant eyeball for 2 turns
   262 | D        | Reached skill level 9 in Invocations
   263 | D        | Noticed Menkaure
   264 | D        | Pacified Menkaure
   264 | D        | Reached skill level 1 in Axes
   264 | D        | Reached skill level 11 in Invocations
   264 | D        | Reached XP level 4. HP: 26/40 MP: 9/12
   439 | D        | Noticed a deep elf fighter
   446 | D        | Acquired Elyvilon's third power
   456 | D        | Pacified a deep elf fighter
   456 | D        | Reached skill level 5 in Dodging
   456 | D        | Reached skill level 12 in Invocations
   456 | D        | Reached XP level 5. HP: 32/48 MP: 7/16
   538 | D        | Noticed Sigmund
   553 | D        | Pacified Sigmund
   553 | D        | Reached skill level 1 in Armour
   553 | D        | Reached skill level 13 in Invocations
   553 | D        | Acquired Elyvilon's fourth power
   564 | D        | Was placed under penance by Elyvilon
   589 | D        | Killed Sigmund

Action                   |  1- 3 |  4- 6 || total
-------------------------+-------+-------++-------
Melee: Hand axe          |    15 |    26 ||    41
Invok: Lesser Healing    |     2 |    11 ||    13
       Lesser Self-Heali |       |     3 ||     3
       Greater Healing   |       |     2 ||     2
 Stab: Sleeping          |     1 |       ||     1

Last edited by I want to believe on Wednesday, 13th November 2013, 21:35, edited 1 time in total.

Lair Larrikin

Post Wednesday, 13th November 2013, 21:33

I want to believe wrote:Personally, I find the pits much easier than the ten rune challenge. If I play a caster, I can more or less kill the few enemies in the entry zone, then get murderized by the human or elf outside the first door. If I play a melee fighter, I can sometimes manage to take down the human/elf, then die to the water elementals. If I try a healer, I either die to giant mites, or the human/elf, or if I manage to make it to the elementals, I die to them.

But with the pits, I can easily take the first enemy, grab some of the starting loot, and heal/kill/blast my way through the first few zones easily, and if i'm playing a solid combo, get pretty far.

I think you are in a trap I've fallen into many times myself... if you want to improve your Crawl skills, then play the maps that are hard for you (i.e. 10 Rune Challenge). Playing through maps that are easy for you (i.e. Pits) on cruise-control may be reinforcing bad habits.

I agree the first section of 10 Rune (before you get to the Temple) can be deadly. But if you stick with it, it will teach you good skills for positioning, training skills, choosing the right build/equipment, using consumables, etc. (For example, if you haven't used your potion of berserk rage yet, killing the water elemental is easy.)

Not a dis, just an observation/friendly advice. :)

Swamp Slogger

Post Wednesday, 13th November 2013, 21:41

whitmo wrote:
I want to believe wrote:Personally, I find the pits much easier than the ten rune challenge. If I play a caster, I can more or less kill the few enemies in the entry zone, then get murderized by the human or elf outside the first door. If I play a melee fighter, I can sometimes manage to take down the human/elf, then die to the water elementals. If I try a healer, I either die to giant mites, or the human/elf, or if I manage to make it to the elementals, I die to them.

I think you are in a trap I've fallen into many times myself... if you want to improve your Crawl skills, then play the maps that are hard for you (i.e. 10 Rune Challenge). Playing through maps that are easy for you (i.e. Pits) on cruise-control may be reinforcing bad habits.

I agree the first section of 10 Rune (before you get to the Temple) can be deadly. But if you stick with it, it will teach you good skills for positioning, training skills, choosing the right build/equipment, using consumables, etc. (For example, if you haven't used your potion of berserk rage yet, killing the water elemental is easy.)

Not a dis, just an observation/friendly advice. :)

Well, the thing is, I have tried the 10 rune challenge again and again and again and again and again and again and again. But I just simply CANT get past the temple. Occasionally I'll throw a few more deaths at it, but I simply am not able to get any more progress in it. The reason I'm doing the pits right, is so I can finish it, then try and do some more of the main game. (As of right now, the reason I'm not playing the main game is because I'm getting sick of the early game, so I'm waiting awhile before doing it again)

Lair Larrikin

Post Wednesday, 13th November 2013, 21:48

10 Rune is hard... but it's not THAT hard!! Try a TrBe or something, you will make it past the Temple eventually, I promise. :)

Swamp Slogger

Post Wednesday, 13th November 2013, 22:03

whitmo wrote:10 Rune is hard... but it's not THAT hard!! Try a TrBe or something, you will make it past the Temple eventually, I promise. :)

Tried, failed. Tried a few more times, failed. It just gets tedious when you make no progress.

Lair Larrikin

Post Wednesday, 13th November 2013, 23:05

If you want to make progress, maybe post some character dumps and get specific feedback/suggestions? :)

(edit) 10-rune challenge, I just cleared the Temple using a TrMo... I just skill-focused UC (currently at 15.9) and mashed the TAB button, I didn't even drink a potion. Which god should we pick for our lucky Troll? Should I give Ely a try; is healer-troll a fun combo? :)

Code:
 Dungeon Sprint DCSS version 0.14-a0-844-g7e7dc6c (console) character file.

whitmo the Brawler (Troll Monk)                      Turns: 475, Time: 00:06:04

HP  66/66        AC  5     Str 20      XL: 7   Next: 49%
MP   2/2         EV 10     Int  8      God:
Gold 28          SH  0     Dex 12      Spells:  0 memorised,  6 levels left

Res.Fire  : . . .   See Invis. : .     - Unarmed
Res.Cold  : . . .   Warding    : .   a - +0 robe
Life Prot.: . . .   Conserve   : .   (shield restricted)
Res.Poison: .       Res.Corr.  : .   (helmet restricted)
Res.Elec. : .       Clarity    : .   (no cloak)
Sust.Abil.: . .     Spirit.Shd : .   (gloves unavailable)
Res.Mut.  : .       Prev.Telep.: +   (boots unavailable)
Res.Rott. : .       Flight     : .   (no amulet)
Gourmand  : +                        (no ring)
                                     (no ring)

@: slightly resistant to hostile enchantments, unstealthy
A: unfitting armour, claws 3, fast metabolism 3, gourmand, regeneration 2,
saprovore 2, tough skin 2, AC +1
a: no special abilities

You are in the Dungeon.
You are very full.

You have visited 1 branch
You have collected 28 gold pieces.

Inventory:

Hand weapons
 v - a runed elven long sword
 w - a runed elven dagger
 x - a sling
Armour
 a - a +0 robe (worn)
Comestibles
 b - 2 meat rations
 o - a bread ration
 s - a choko
Scrolls
 h - a scroll of blinking
 i - a scroll labeled FREIB NIEDESED
 l - a scroll labeled KODEON SHEO
 m - 2 scrolls labeled THEIKKEGESH
 n - 2 scrolls labeled ZIRHIU PRAZXAE
 r - a scroll labeled SAYSMU SHEYS
Potions
 c - 3 potions of curing
 d - a potion of heal wounds
 e - a potion of speed
 f - 2 potions of magic
 g - a potion of berserk rage
 k - a cyan potion
 p - 3 potions of flight
 q - a white potion
 t - 2 potions of cure mutation
Books
 j - a book of Spatial Translocations   

Spells                             Type                      Level
   Apportation                        Translocation                1
   Portal Projectile                  Translocation                2
   Blink                              Translocation                2
   Shroud of Golubria                 Charms/Translocation         2
   Teleport Other                     Translocation                3
   Passage of Golubria                Translocation                4
Miscellaneous
 y - a lamp of fire
Carrion
 u - an elf skeleton

Skills:
 - Level 2.4 Fighting
 - Level 2.4 Dodging
 - Level 1.1 Stealth
 + Level 15.9 Unarmed Combat

You have 6 spell levels left.
You don't know any spells.

Branches:
Dungeon (1/1)             

Altars:
Cheibriados
Elyvilon
Fedhas
Kikubaaqudgha
Makhleb
Nemelex Xobeh
Okawaru
Sif Muna
Trog
Vehumet
Xom
Yredelemnul
Zin
the Shining One
Jiyva

Innate Abilities, Weirdness & Mutations

You are too large for most types of armour.
You have claws for hands.
Your metabolism is lightning-fast.
You like to eat raw meat.
You heal very quickly.
You can eat rotten meat.
You are covered in fur (AC +1).
You have very tough skin (AC +2).

Message History

No target in view!
No target in view!
No target in view!
No target in view!
No target in view!
No target in view!
No target in view!
No target in view!
No target in view!
No target in view!
No target in view!
There is a sparkling altar of Nemelex Xobeh here.
You see here a lamp of fire.
y - a lamp of fire
There is a viscous altar of Jiyva here.
Char dumped successfully.
Read which item? (? for menu, Esc to quit)
Search for what [? for help]? altar
Saving game... please wait.

.♣♣♣♣.#___#__[#__#
♣♣♣♣..#...#...#._#
.♣♣♣..###'#'###)##
♣...♣.#..........#
≈♣....'.⌠........#
≈≈≈...#...######'#
≈≈....#.⌠.#..#...#
≈.....#...#_.#...#
......#'###__#...#
......#)[.#_.#..@+
......#___#..'...#
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

There are no monsters in sight!

Vanquished Creatures
  A deep elf priest (D)
  A spatial vortex (D)
  A demigod (D)
  A necrophage (D)
  A water elemental (D)
  A jelly (D)
  A necromancer (D)
  A wizard (D)
  3 humans (D)
  Jessica (D)
  A kobold demonologist (D)
  A phantom (D)
  An ooze (D)
  A grey rat (D)
16 creatures vanquished.

Vanquished Creatures (others)
  2 draconian scorchers (D)
2 creatures vanquished.

Grand Total: 18 creatures vanquished

Notes
Turn   | Place    | Note
     0 | D        | whitmo, the Troll Monk, began the quest for the Orb.
     0 | D        | Reached XP level 1. HP: 20/20 MP: 0/0
     8 | D        | Reached skill level 5 in Unarmed Combat
    18 | D        | Noticed Jessica
    22 | D        | Killed Jessica
    22 | D        | Reached skill level 6 in Unarmed Combat
    22 | D        | Reached XP level 2. HP: 15/28 MP: 0/0
   164 | D        | Reached skill level 7 in Unarmed Combat
   164 | D        | Reached XP level 3. HP: 21/35 MP: 1/1
   169 | D        | Killed a white draconian scorcher
   230 | D        | Killed a white draconian scorcher
   231 | D        | Noticed a water elemental
   237 | D        | Killed a water elemental
   237 | D        | Reached skill level 10 in Unarmed Combat
   237 | D        | Reached XP level 4. HP: 44/44 MP: 1/1
   243 | D        | Found a glowing silver altar of Zin.
   244 | D        | Found a white marble altar of Elyvilon.
   244 | D        | Found a glowing golden altar of the Shining One.
   244 | D        | Noticed a deep elf priest
   248 | D        | Killed a deep elf priest
   248 | D        | Reached skill level 13 in Unarmed Combat
   248 | D        | Reached XP level 5. HP: 22/50 MP: 1/1
   248 | D        | Reached XP level 6. HP: 25/58 MP: 2/2
   307 | D        | Found a radiant altar of Vehumet.
   308 | D        | Found a deep blue altar of Sif Muna.
   308 | D        | Found an ancient bone altar of Kikubaaqudgha.
   308 | D        | Noticed a wizard
   309 | D        | Killed a wizard
   310 | D        | Noticed a red devil
   341 | D        | Found an iron altar of Okawaru.
   341 | D        | Found a bloodstained altar of Trog.
   366 | D        | Found a snail-covered altar of Cheibriados.
   366 | D        | Found a blossoming altar of Fedhas.
   366 | D        | Found a basalt altar of Yredelemnul.
   366 | D        | Noticed a necrophage
   366 | D        | Noticed a necromancer
   368 | D        | Killed a necrophage
   368 | D        | Reached skill level 14 in Unarmed Combat
   370 | D        | Killed a necromancer
   380 | D        | Noticed a jelly
   381 | D        | Noticed a demigod
   383 | D        | Killed a demigod
   383 | D        | Reached skill level 15 in Unarmed Combat
   383 | D        | Reached XP level 7. HP: 66/66 MP: 2/2
   385 | D        | Killed a jelly
   459 | D        | Found a sparkling altar of Nemelex Xobeh.
   459 | D        | Found a shimmering altar of Xom.
   459 | D        | Found a viscous altar of Jiyva.
   459 | D        | Found a burning altar of Makhleb.
   459 | D        | Noticed a spatial vortex
   466 | D        | Killed a spatial vortex

Action                   |  1- 3 |  4- 6 |  7- 9 || total
-------------------------+-------+-------+-------++-------
Melee: Unarmed           |    18 |    24 |     5 ||    47
 Stab: Sleeping          |     1 |       |       ||     1

Mines Malingerer

Post Thursday, 14th November 2013, 00:44

For the 10 rune challenge, any troll will get you to temple through tabbing, and wizards will reliably get you there too (berserk first room, imps to get to temple door, conjure flame in doorway and let water elemental kill itself in it). For not wizards/not trolls it seems way less reliable but it should be feasible on most combos with a bit of luck. There's other hard spots for sure but once you have the orc gold and then get to the shops the game really opens up and I find this to be by far the most fun and balanced sprint, it's just the first 5-10 minutes that are reallly hard for not troll/not wizard.

Lair Larrikin

Post Thursday, 14th November 2013, 01:27

LOL, my troll got killed by Snorg shortly after the Temple! :)

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice