Which 3 runes for the win?

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Jk

Swamp Slogger

Post Tuesday, 15th March 2011, 12:13

Which 3 runes for the win?

Still working on that first win and have a decent character going, so I'm curious for recommendations on which three runes I should pursue now. I cleared Snake Pit except for 4 easily, so I think that should be the first rune. But I'm scared of Shoals because ranged characters still eat me up, and scared of Elf because magic users also eat me up, and they have bows and magic!

Maybe Vaults? What are good ones for heavily armoured melee characters?

Note: version 0.7.1

Code:
 Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup version 0.7.1-1-g7ce9b19 character file.

Mork the Severer (Mountain Dwarf Chaos Knight)                     Turns: 56530, Time: 06:58:53

HP 142/142       AC 52     Str 26      Exp: 17/213062 (39), need: 29387
MP  30/30        EV 12     Int 13      God: Makhleb [******]
Gold 1034        SH  0     Dex 12      Spells:  0 memorised, 18 levels left

Res.Fire  : + + .   See Invis. : .   H - +3,+1 dwarf executioner's axe (chop)
Res.Cold  : + + .   Warding    : +   g - +5 dwarf plate mail {rF+}
Life Prot.: + + .   Conserve   : .   (no shield)
Res.Poison: +       Res.Corr.  : .   a - +2 helmet
Res.Elec. : +       Clarity    : .   A - +2 cloak {rC+ rF+}
Spirit.Shd: .       Prev.Telep.: +   E - +2 pair of dwarf gauntlets
Sust.Abil.: . .     Rnd.Telep. : .   p - +2 pair of boots
Res.Mut.  : .       Ctrl.Telep.: .   n - amulet of Cekugob {Ward -TELE Hunger rElec
Res.Rott. : .       Levitation : .   W - ring "Thaim" {AC+7 EV+5 Dam+5}
Saprovore : . . .   Ctrl.Flight: .   R - ring "Pho Sky" {Wiz rC+ AC+6}

@: somewhat resistant to hostile enchantments, extremely unstealthy
A: Str +2, Int +3, Dex +1
a: Minor Destruction, Lesser Servant of Makhleb, Major Destruction, Greater Servant of Makhleb,
Renounce Religion

Skills:
 + Level 12 Fighting
 + Level 19 Axes
 + Level 15 Armour
 + Level 8 Dodging
 - Level 2 Stealth
 - Level 9 Shields
 + Level 4 Traps & Doors
 + Level 1 Spellcasting
 + Level 14 Invocations
 + Level 2 Evocations

Branches:
Dungeon (21/27)            Temple (1/1) D:7             Orc (4/4) D:11
    Elf (0/7) Orc:3          Lair (8/8) D:11         Shoals (0/5) Lair:5
  Slime (0/6) Lair:7        Snake (4/5) Lair:5         Hive (2/2) D:16
  Vault (2/8) D:19       
 Crypt: Vault:2-4     Hell: D:21-27        Pan: D:21-27      Abyss: D:21-27

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Tuesday, 15th March 2011, 12:29

Re: Which 3 runes for the win?

Note that elf has loot, but no rune.

Blades Runner

Post Tuesday, 15th March 2011, 12:37

You should have quite easy times in Snake - that's number one.
With your insane AC, you should also be fine in Shoals, but I'd keep the bottom for later - at least after D:27 and V:7.
The same goes for Vaults, I usually leave them as the latest before Zot.

With your current awesome resists and Makhleb summons, Tomb may be an option as well. But note that Tomb is really, really evil.
... and forgive us our YASDs,
As we forgive our developers,
And lead us not into the Abyss,
But deliver us from Sigmund,
For Thine is the Roguelike,
the Orb and the Victory,
now and forever.

Abyss Ambulator

Post Tuesday, 15th March 2011, 13:34

I'd chance the Abyss, too. Just remember to swap out Cekugob if you need an emergency teleport.
You fall off the wall. You have a feeling of ineptitude.

Barkeep

Post Tuesday, 15th March 2011, 14:13

Definitely Slime. >ducks<

Seriously, though -- try Shoals, especially if you've got a good source of levitation or flight. Take it slow.

The runes aren't going anywhere, though -- no point in going for branch ends before you're ready; you can probably clear a bit more of Vaults and the beginning of Elf.

Didn't ever have much luck with heavy armor in 0.7, though :(
I am not a very good player. My mouth is a foul pit of LIES. KNOW THIS.

Halls Hopper

Post Tuesday, 15th March 2011, 14:42

The two Lair runes (two of three spawn; Swamp, Snake, Shoals) and then the Silver Rune in Vaults:8. Those are the standard 3-runer runes. After that, the Golden Rune in the Tomb is common in 4-runer games (skewed by the fact that 99% of people who do this are worshiping Kiku).

Halls Hopper

Post Tuesday, 15th March 2011, 14:48

Snake pits 5 should be easy already. then shoals be carefull on shoals 5 is much harder then the rest. Vault 8 for 3rd rune unless u get banished and stumble upon abyssal rune by pure luck.

Elven halls doesnt have rune but nice loot u need some MR there.

Other runes are in slime pits and tomb. For slime pits u need randart equip or secondary throwaway equipment, resist corosion ( lower dmg from walls and jellys ), resist mutation(shining eyes, great orb of eyes) , clarity (golden eyes,giant eyes) , wand of digging and recharge scrolls for making safe coridorrs. Royall Jelly in middle of lvl 6 is very fast has alot Hp but doesnt regen but with eat hit jellies spawn around him. after his death loot vaults with rune become transparent/diggable.
The flail fails to defends itself.
You open the flail like a pillowcase!!!

Snake Sneak

Post Tuesday, 15th March 2011, 16:21

I would say the following order - vault up to 4 (lower yakatour packs become more common.
Switch out the ring of wizardry/ac for a ring of protection from magic and take out the first level of elf, if they manage to reduce your life to around 3/7 I would leave it and come back later, but you should be ok. (you can use a shield if the archers are dealing to much damage, the elves low hp means that a broad axe might be good enough). Take with you a lantern of shadows and if you are banished and in danger equip it and run for it.
Take up a shield and take on the first four levels of the shoals, if you find a large pack of enemies, immediatly go up stairs/teleport, don't wait for your hps to plumment.

But in general I would jump from area to area, test the waters and the most dangerous enemies and run/ teleport if you can't handle them. (remember to remove the amulet before teleporting)

The enemies I would fear most in your situation: in vault 8: lichs/ancient lichs. in snake 5 guardian nagas (never face more than one at a time). In Shoals Javeliners.

For snake 5 you need another source of magic resistance for safety, being teleported into a vault full of guardians can be dangeous.

Personally I would go vault 8 before shoals 5 just because Vault 8 has corridors, mesmerization and merfolk javeliners can be deadly. (while the rewards are much less satisfying)

I wouldn't take on elf 7 with a melee character unless you decide to go for 15 runes, it's just too easy to get trapped and killed.

Jk

Swamp Slogger

Post Tuesday, 15th March 2011, 17:47

Yeah, this is far and away the most AC I've ever had on someone. I have a really strong urge to switch to Chei because every piece of armour I'm wearing can become ponderous. My strength (& damage) would shoot up, my AC would skyrocket (70s maybe?), I'd max our rF+++ rC+++ rN+++, everything would be corrosion proof (slime!), and I could invoke slouch like a pro (Vaults:8!). But Makhleb would be pretty ticked off, and I'd miss summoning executioners to tear through whole levels. Anyway... that's one idea.

The thing is, I'm starting to run low on escape methods - no way to blink, only a few teleport scrolls, no heal wounds potions (10 healing ones), only attack wands. That's why I'm thinking so hard about next moves. (Amendment: evocable ring of teleportation, but that's not an ideal way to do it)

Here a few items it might be relevant to know I have:

- plate mail +1 of MR (large drop in AC but helps my MR at the expense of rF)
- 2 rings of MR (but oh man, how good are the ones I have equipped?!?)
- the amulet of the air (controlled flight and levitate evocable, for shoals)
- dwarf shield +2 and a broad axe of venom (more defensive setup, poison does good work on elves/merfolk/animals)
- amulet of stasis (prevent paralyze/slow from eye monster)
- amulet of resist mutation (starting to see those monsters in D:21)
- edit: oh yeah, and I do have a lantern of shadows (abyssal survival).

I also have 11 Enchant I and 4 Enchant II scrolls (I know, I should be on that TV show hoarders!). I can't decide which weapon to put it on. I would prefer to go 1H axe and a shield, but its either a hand axe of flaming or a broad axe of venom. Still nothing more interesting there.

The other alternative is either my Executioner Axe of Freezing or Executioner Axe of Chopping. But I'm praying for a randart shield!

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 15th March 2011, 18:43

What, no one is going to suggest going the Pandemonium or Hell routes for runes?
"Be aware that a lot of people on this forum, such as mageykun and XuaXua, have a habit of making things up." - minmay a.k.a. duvessa
Did I make a lame complaint? Check for Bingo!
Totally gracious CSDC Season 2 Division 4 Champeen!

Blades Runner

Post Tuesday, 15th March 2011, 18:47

XuaXua wrote:What, no one is going to suggest going the Pandemonium or Hell routes for runes?

Hey, be gentle ;)
... and forgive us our YASDs,
As we forgive our developers,
And lead us not into the Abyss,
But deliver us from Sigmund,
For Thine is the Roguelike,
the Orb and the Victory,
now and forever.

Snake Sneak

Post Tuesday, 15th March 2011, 18:54

For snake 5 you could use your amulet of stasis to prevent being teleported square into the middle of the naga vault. If you use it to cancel the teleport it will glow you though. I second only fighting only one greater naga at a time. Two of these will slice through your balrugs like butter.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 15th March 2011, 19:00

Zicher wrote:
XuaXua wrote:What, no one is going to suggest going the Pandemonium or Hell routes for runes?

Hey, be gentle ;)

With a dagger of distortion at his side, he could just pilfer PAN for a while (though I'd skip Cerebov) for food and stuff.
"Be aware that a lot of people on this forum, such as mageykun and XuaXua, have a habit of making things up." - minmay a.k.a. duvessa

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 15th March 2011, 20:08

Be prepared for SHOCK when you get to Shoals/Snake: 5. I was all "Oh, these first 4 levels are easy, wtf" and level 5 is just a scale all its own. You'd think 1-4 would get harder on the way down, but really they're all about the same level of toughness. Level 5 is completely off the wall in comparison.

Maybe that should be altered.

Jk

Swamp Slogger

Post Wednesday, 16th March 2011, 00:10

Thanks, yeah, I'm well aware of their murderous difficulty. I've gotten the Serpentine Rune and the one in Swamp before, but never the one in Shoals. I curse every time it generates in my game.

7hm

Snake Sneak

Post Wednesday, 16th March 2011, 00:32

I find Shoals pretty easy to rush through.

Magic map when I get down and just hit the building one by one hoping for an early rune. Up and down all three stairs to get the quickest route to the buildings, don't spend much time on the level. Invisible / haste if possible while going from building to building, and kill whatever is in the buildings as quickly and as quietly as possible.

Snake, meanwhile, is easy to do but not easy to rush through. It's a grind.

Jk

Swamp Slogger

Post Wednesday, 16th March 2011, 00:40

That's why I feel like this character should skip Shoals. No stealth, no invisibility, no deflect or repel missiles, no haste, no speed... just a dorf and his shield!

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 16th March 2011, 00:48

There is absolutely no question that Swamp/Snake/Shoals are the easiest two Runes in any particular game. Build doesn't matter; the worst any of them can throw at you is 'typical' for the lower Dungeon, much less the deeper branches.

Abyss and Vaults are the next two easiest. Vaults is a whole lot more fun to get and gives ridiculously more loot, which is relevant for actually getting through Zot. Unless you're an expert speed runner who can ninja the orb while naked, this means that your third Rune should definitely be Vaults.

After this, Pandemonium might as well be your next stop. Pan is doable if you're capable of getting the Rune from Vaults, and is generally safer than Zot if you're just trying to get as many Runes as possible. The loot isn't very good, though.

Tomb, Slime, and Hell are all moderately difficult, scaling up to obscene levels if your character build isn't suited for them. If anybody suggests one of these for one of your first three Runes, they're either laughing at you behind your back, or they are suggesting a very specific trick suitable for a particular build but which will not really be suitable for arbitrary characters.

Elf and Crypt don't have Runes, but loot them anyway. Crypt is lootable as soon as you see it, although mind the last level as usual. Elf 5 is safe enough when you're seriously considering Vaults 8, but you can rush it if you have a build particularly suited for it.

For this message the author KoboldLord has received thanks:
Jk

Jk

Swamp Slogger

Post Wednesday, 16th March 2011, 01:27

That's very helpful advice, thanks! For now, I'll plan on Snake, Vaults, and one of Shoals/Abyss/Pandemonium depending on how my character progresses.

I think I'll try the first few levels of Elf and Shoals tonight to see if I can get a few more items I need, and see how my character does against those baddies.

Jk

Swamp Slogger

Post Wednesday, 16th March 2011, 01:33

Haha, first fight in Elf cast me into the Abyss. Um, any recommendations? I brought plenty of food, a lantern of shadows, and most of the different permutations of my equipment. At least I'm (mildly) prepared!

Jk

Swamp Slogger

Post Wednesday, 16th March 2011, 01:52

Hmm... or... put on my ring of sustenance and take advantage of this hidey hole + ring of sustenance + 15 honeycombs & 2 royal jellies to wait for Abyssal Rune? Only 8260 turns to go!
Attachments
Picture 7.png
Wait for rune?
Picture 7.png (41.76 KiB) Viewed 10268 times

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 16th March 2011, 03:35

Just run away from everything. Use the first exit you see, and only swerve to pick up loot if you're absolutely safe. The Abyssal Rune of Zot is one that you happen across during your fifteen trips to the Abyss, not one you intentionally look for. Believe me, you'll see far more of that miserable hole than you'll ever want, just in a typical ascension. Oh, and if the Abyss sees you trying to hole up it will forcibly teleport you anyway. You're in for a slog, whether you find the Rune or not.

To avoid getting banished by elves, kill them faster. Magic resistance also helps. The mages are the only little popcorn elves that can banish you, but the more powerful demonologists will do so more frequently. I would definitely put off Elf until after Shoals, since the high-end elves hit harder than high-end merfolk, and even the popcorn elves can banish you or throw Crystal Spears.

Swamp Slogger

Post Wednesday, 16th March 2011, 05:27

I've managed to get a few 3 runers in .7. 2 out of 3 were Swamp, Shoals, and the Vaults, and the 3rd was Swamp, Vaults, and the Abyss via a fluke. Like was mentioned, all branch ends are hard, with the end of the Shoals having potential to get really nasty. I suggest clearing Lair (at least to the last level), Orc, getting down to the Hive, clearing that out if you can, and clearing every branch up to the last level. After that, I'd finish Lair, finish Swamp, then pick the end of the Shoals or Vault depending on what you have. I normally play casters and not AC types.

Mines Malingerer

Post Wednesday, 16th March 2011, 06:43

I'd avoid going Chei with a pure fighter as you'll have no non-consumable escape mechanisms beyond step from time, which isn't much of one. Another issue is that you lack a good, let alone any, SH rating. Even with a fairly decent SH rating, my MDFi of Chei would lose substantial amounts of potions every time he encountered a pack of yak/centaurs. Sure, they did next to no damage to him in the process of destroying half a dozen consumables, but it was annoying as hell being unable to haul consumables around.

Another thing to pick up before tackling Elf is sInv. Never cleared it in 0.7, though, so I'm not sure what subtle differences there are between versions.

Jk

Swamp Slogger

Post Wednesday, 16th March 2011, 08:11

I escaped from the Abyss with some help from my faithful Makhleb buddy Executioner. Heading to Shoals instead. I didn't know shields were useful against ranged. My SH is at 28.

Jk

Swamp Slogger

Post Wednesday, 16th March 2011, 08:12

I spoke too soon. The gate too me back to Elf, of course, and the same popcorn Elf cast me into the Abyss on his first move. Back to survival mode!

Jk

Swamp Slogger

Post Wednesday, 16th March 2011, 09:25

Okay, I get it now. Abyss is incredibly boring and annoying. I want nothing to do with that place! ;)

Turns out Shoals (at least, 1-4 is pretty easy). I'm going to finish up there (except the last level), then go back to clearing out Vaults. No more elf for me, at least until I find some better way of avoiding the Abyss.

Here's the latest dump. A lucky mutating Zot trap has raised my AC to even higher extremes.

Code:

Mork the Executioner (Mountain Dwarf Chaos Knight)                 Turns: 65894, Time: 09:29:53

HP 153/153       AC 57     Str 27      Exp: 18/306004 (204), need: 795
MP  31/31        EV 12     Int 11 (13) God: Makhleb [******]
Gold 1800        SH 28     Dex 10      Spells:  0 memorised, 19 levels left

Res.Fire  : + + .   See Invis. : .   x - +2 broad axe (venom)
Res.Cold  : + + .   Warding    : +   g - +5 dwarf plate mail {rF+}
Life Prot.: + + .   Conserve   : .   r - +2 dwarf shield
Res.Poison: +       Res.Corr.  : .   a - +2 helmet
Res.Elec. : +       Clarity    : .   A - +2 cloak {rC+ rF+}
Spirit.Shd: .       Prev.Telep.: +   E - +2 pair of dwarf gauntlets
Res.Mut.  : .       Ctrl.Telep.: .   n - amulet of Cekugob {Ward -TELE Hunger rElec
Res.Rott. : .       Levitation : .   W - ring "Thaim" {AC+7 EV+5 Dam+5}
Saprovore : . . .   Ctrl.Flight: .   R - ring "Pho Sky" {Wiz rC+ AC+6}

@: somewhat resistant to hostile enchantments, extremely unstealthy
A: poison resistance, regeneration 1, AC +4, Str +2, Int +3, Dex -1
a: Minor Destruction, Lesser Servant of Makhleb, Major Destruction, Greater Servant of Makhleb,
Renounce Religion

You are on level 1 of the Lair of Beasts.
You worship Makhleb.
Makhleb is exalted by your worship.
You are not hungry.

You have visited 9 branches of the dungeon, and seen 47 of its levels.
You have visited the Abyss 2 times.
You have visited 3 portal chambers: sewer, ossuary, ice cave.

You have collected 4929 gold pieces.
You have spent 3149 gold pieces at shops.

Inventory:

Hand weapons
 x - a +2,+2 broad axe of venom (weapon)
Armour
 a - a +2 helmet (worn)
 g - a +5 dwarven plate mail of fire resistance (worn)
 p - a +2 pair of boots (worn)
 r - a +2 dwarven shield (worn)
 A - a +2 cloak of resistance (worn)
 E - a +2 pair of dwarven gauntlets (worn)
Magical devices
 k - a wand of draining {zapped: 2}
 P - a wand of disintegration
Comestibles
 c - 12 honeycombs
 u - 2 royal jellies
Scrolls
 b - 2 scrolls of fog
 e - 2 scrolls of fear
 l - a scroll of detect curse
 o - 2 scrolls of remove curse
 y - 2 scrolls of random uselessness
 H - 2 scrolls of curse weapon
 O - a scroll of noise
 Q - 2 scrolls of teleportation
 S - a scroll of paper
Jewellery
 f - an uncursed ring of see invisible
 h - an uncursed amulet of stasis
 i - an uncursed ring of protection from magic
 j - an uncursed ring of teleportation
 n - the amulet of Cekugob (around neck) {Ward -TELE Hunger rElec rPois rN+ AC+1 EV+1}
   (You found it on level 7 of the Lair of Beasts)   
   [amulet of warding]
   It affects your AC (+1).
   It affects your evasion (+1).
   It insulates you from electricity.
   It protects you from poison.
   It protects you from negative energy.
   It prevents most forms of teleportation.
   It speeds your metabolism.
 I - an uncursed amulet of resist mutation
 R - the ring "Pho Sky" (left hand) {Wiz rC+ AC+6}
   (You found it on level 15 of the Dungeon)   
   [ring of wizardry]
   It affects your AC (+6).
   It protects you from cold.
 T - an uncursed ring of sustenance
 V - the amulet of the Air {cFly +Lev rElec EV+3 Stlth++}
   (You found it on level 2 of the Hive)   
   [amulet of controlled flight]
   It affects your evasion (+3).
   It lets you levitate.
   It makes you much more stealthy.
 W - the ring "Thaim" (right hand) {AC+7 EV+5 Dam+5}
   (You bought it in a shop on level 17 of the Dungeon)   
   [ring of slaying]
   It affects your damage-dealing abilities (+5).
   It affects your AC (+7).
   It affects your evasion (+5).
Potions
 q - a potion of restore abilities
 s - a potion of resistance
 v - a potion of agility
 C - a potion of invisibility
 D - a potion of speed
 J - 12 potions of healing
 X - a potion of might
Miscellaneous
 Y - a lantern of shadows

You have 204 experience left.

Skills:
 + Level 13 Fighting
 + Level 21 Axes
 + Level 16 Armour
 + Level 9 Dodging
 - Level 2 Stealth
 - Level 10 Shields
 + Level 4 Traps & Doors
 + Level 1 Spellcasting
 + Level 14 Invocations
 + Level 3 Evocations

You have 19 spell levels left.
You don't know any spells.

Dungeon Overview and Level Annotations

Branches:
    Elf (1/7) Orc:3          Lair (8/8) D:11         Shoals (3/5) Lair:5
  Vault (3/8) D:19          Crypt (0/5) Vault:3     
  Hell: D:21-27        Pan: D:21-27      Abyss: D:21-27     

Altars:
Cheibriados
Elyvilon
Fedhas
Kikubaaqudgha
Makhleb
Nemelex Xobeh
Okawaru
Sif Muna
The Shining One
Trog
Vehumet
Xom
Yredelemnul
Zin

Shops:
D:15: *  D:17: [=*  D:21: *=*(  Orc:2: /  Orc:3: =  Vault:2: +

Annotations
D:7 exclusion: 67 steam clouds
D:21 exclusion: 26 freezing vapour clouds
Vault:1 exclusion: 9 freezing vapour clouds

Innate Abilities, Weirdness & Mutations

You are partially covered in rough black scales (AC +4, Dex -1).
Your mind is acute (Int +3).
Your system is resistant to poisons.
Your natural rate of healing is unusually fast.
Your muscles are strong (Str +2).

Message History

G - the Sceptre of Torment
Items here: ))))) [[[
You drop the Sceptre of Torment.
There is a staircase back to the Dungeon, spattered with blood here.
Save game and exit?
You remove the amulet of the Air {cFly +Lev rElec EV+3 Stlth++}.
n - the amulet of Cekugob (around neck) {Ward -TELE Hunger rElec rPois rN+ AC+1 EV+1}

##..........#.##    #..
#.#.#######.#.#     #..
#......>....#.###   #..
######.##.......#   ##.
#    #.###....#.#    #.
#    #.###....#.#    #.
#    #.##.......#    #.
#    #..##....#.#   ##.
#    #.###[)###.#   #f.
##   #.###)@!=".# ####.
.#   #...(|#?######.##.
##   ##P.:/}%..........
# ### ##.###..#########
###.###..#.#.##
#........#.#.#
#.f#####.P.#.#
...#  #....#.#
.b##  #.##.P.#

There are no monsters in sight!

Vanquished Creatures
  The ghost of Zavros the Black Belt, a mighty SETm of Cheibriados (Vault:2)
  Agnes (D:16)
  Duane (Vault:1)
  Frances (Snake:1)
  Francis (Snake:4)
  The ghost of Faraday the Destroyer, a mighty DEWz of Sif Muna (D:21)
  A sphinx zombie (D:21)
  A stone giant (Vault:2)
  Wayne (D:21)
  Azrael (Snake:1)
  A purple draconian (Abyss)
  A yaktaur captain (D:21)
  6 great orbs of eyes
  A siren (Shoals:3)
  5 hydras
  Nessos (D:13)
  3 anacondas
  Nergalle (D:19)
  4 death yaks
  7 ogre magi
  2 dancing weapons (D:19)
  2 stone giant zombies
  The ghost of Mork the Protected, an experienced MDCK of Makhleb (D:12)
  An orc high priest (Orc:4)
  2 elves (shapeshifter)
  A frost giant skeleton (Vault:1)
  5 centaur warriors
  4 griffons
  14 skeletal warriors
  A deep elf knight (Elf:1)
  A giant orange brain (Vault:1)
  An ice devil (Abyss)
  3 sea snakes
  2 naga warriors (Snake:3)
  A wizard (Vault:1)
  A mottled draconian zombie (Orc:2)
  5 unseen horrors
  2 giant amoebae
  A flayed ghost (D:15)
  8 hill giants
  A guardian serpent (Snake:3)
  A mottled draconian skeleton (Orc:2)
  6 cyclopes
  A spiny worm (D:20)
  3 orc sorcerers
  13 orc knights
  2 iron troll skeletons
  A mimic (D:13)
  15 black mambas
  A trapdoor spider (D:15)
  A dragon zombie (D:18)
  An elephant slug (Lair:4)
  A wolf spider (D:15)
  Maurice (D:13)
  6 orange demons
  A dragon skeleton (Abyss)
  An ice dragon skeleton (D:18)
  15 slime creatures
  2 eyes of devastation (D:20)
  A large large abomination (Abyss)
  11 yaktaurs
  3 hellwings (Abyss)
  2 rock trolls
  A hill giant zombie (D:17)
  7 spiny frogs
  50 ugly things
  2 efreeti (Abyss)
  6 mermaids
  2 hill giant skeletons
  A naga mage (Abyss)
  7 trolls
  A redback (D:21)
  5 smoke demons
  3 komodo dragons
  A queen bee (Hive:2)
  A two-headed ogre (shapeshifter) (Vault:2)
  8 snapping turtles
  16 two-headed ogres
  A deep troll skeleton (Vault:2)
  13 giant toads
  5 blink frogs (Lair:2)
  6 grizzly bears (Lair:8)
  A wyvern (D:13)
  14 polar bears
  A bumblebee (shapeshifter) (D:19)
  43 yaks
  3 vipers
  10 bears (Lair:8)
  2 deep elf summoners (Elf:1)
  A wyvern (shapeshifter) (D:17)
  136 killer bees
  2 hungry ghosts
  A fire drake (Lair:7)
  6 sharks
  4 giant blowflies
  3 fire elementals (Snake:1)
  2 deep elf fighters (Elf:1)
  A yaktaur zombie (Vault:2)
  5 neqoxecs
  A steam dragon (Lair:4)
  13 hippogriffs
  11 war dogs
  8 manticores
  2 ynoxinuls
  A necrophage (D:14)
  16 merfolk
  A yaktaur skeleton (D:17)
  A giant slug zombie (D:19)
  A mottled dragon (D:15)
  A cyclops zombie (D:15)
  A soldier ant (D:10)
  5 hell hounds
  3 freezing wraiths
  A rock troll simulacrum (D:18)
  5 ice beasts
  A phantom (D:5)
  3 small abominations (Abyss)
  A black bear (shapeshifter) (D:19)
  37 orc warriors
  2 giant goldfish (Lair:4)
  A deep elf priest (Elf:1)
  6 gila monsters
  37 ogres
  A rock worm zombie (D:17)
  4 deep elf magi (Elf:1)
  23 water moccasins
  25 nagas
  5 big kobolds
  2 boulder beetle zombies
  A yak skeleton (D:16)
  18 giant frogs
  4 wolves
  10 crocodiles
  25 centaurs
  5 giant slugs
  3 giant snails
  2 giant leeches (shapeshifter)
  3 wargs
  A brain worm (Abyss)
  A water moccasin skeleton (D:11)
  A bumblebee simulacrum (D:18)
  3 wights
  A killer bee zombie (D:7)
  A boulder beetle (Vault:1)
  7 jellyfish
  4 electric eels
  3 big kobold zombies
  A gila monster zombie (D:14)
  2 big kobold skeletons
  9 imps
  2 giant beetles
  A quasit (D:9)
  8 hounds
  2 scorpions
  9 big fish
  2 hound zombies (Port)
  22 orc wizards
  A hound skeleton (D:4)
  8 iguanas
  2 deep elf soldiers (Elf:1)
  5 iron imps (Abyss)
  17 orc priests
  5 giant ants
  A giant ant zombie (D:5)
  A human zombie (Port)
  11 sheep
  Jessica (D:2)
  3 jellies
  4 mummies (Port)
  3 flying skulls (Abyss)
  8 gnolls
  31 green rats
  31 snakes
  A giant centipede (D:15)
  A midge (Abyss)
  A giant centipede zombie (D:15)
  2 iguana skeletons
  4 lemures
  3 giant mites
  A shadow imp (Port)
  2 snake zombies (Port)
  2 white imps (Abyss)
  5 worms
  6 ufetubi
  Terence (D:2)
  43 grey rats
  2 giant bat skeletons
  3 giant eyeballs
  10 giant geckos
  15 goblins
  24 hobgoblins
  19 jackals
  35 kobolds
  145 orcs
  9 quokkas
  4 small snakes
  42 giant bats
  7 giant cockroaches
  A giant gecko skeleton (D:13)
  7 giant newts
  2 giant spores
  A goblin zombie (Port)
  2 hobgoblin skeletons
  3 hobgoblin zombies
  2 jackal zombies (Port)
  34 killer bee larvae
  A kobold skeleton (D:10)
  3 orc skeletons
  3 quokka zombies
  27 rats
  A rat zombie (D:5)
  7 ballistomycetes
  4 bushes (D:5)
  4 fungi
  7 plants
  A tentacle (Shoals:3)
  16 toadstools
1574 creatures vanquished.

Vanquished Creatures (collateral kills)
  Frederick (Vault:2)
  Nikola (Shoals:2)
  A shadow dragon (D:15)
  Roxanne (Snake:2)
  A frost giant (Port)
  Maud (Lair:3)
  A draconian annihilator (Abyss)
  A yaktaur captain (Vault:3)
  Norbert (D:11)
  A great orb of eyes (Vault:3)
  A siren (Shoals:1)
  Josephine (Orc:2)
  4 hydras
  Polyphemus (Shoals:1)
  3 centaur warriors
  2 deep elf knights
  A fire giant skeleton (Vault:2)
  6 skeletal warriors
  2 naga warriors (Snake:4)
  2 griffons (Vault:2)
  A white draconian zombie (Abyss)
  A sea snake (Shoals:2)
  A red draconian zombie (Abyss)
  3 ice statues
  5 hill giants
  An orc knight (D:15)
  2 cyclopes (D:16)
  Joseph (Orc:1)
  Urug (Orc:4)
  A guardian serpent (shapeshifter) (D:16)
  A hydra skeleton (D:16)
  A mimic (D:16)
  2 black mambas
  A spiny worm zombie (Vault:2)
  A slime creature (D:14)
  A spiny frog (Lair:6)
  3 orange demons
  Psyche (D:9)
  A naga mage (Snake:4)
  4 ugly things
  A rock troll (Vault:3)
  2 large large abominations (Abyss)
  An efreet (Abyss)
  A mermaid (Shoals:2)
  A komodo dragon (D:16)
  A sixfirhy (Abyss)
  A troll (D:9)
  5 polar bears (Port)
  3 smoke demons
  A rock troll skeleton (Orc:2)
  2 giant toads
  A brown ooze (shapeshifter) (Vault:3)
  2 hippogriffs (Shoals:2)
  A deep elf summoner (Vault:3)
  A bear (Lair:8)
  A neqoxec (Port)
  Eustachio (Orc:2)
  2 merfolk (Shoals:2)
  A shark (Lair:4)
  12 yaks
  2 hungry ghosts (D:15)
  A wyvern (Lair:8)
  A manticore (Shoals:2)
  A giant goldfish (Lair:4)
  A soldier ant (D:16)
  A manticore skeleton (Abyss)
  Duvessa (D:5)
  2 cyclops skeletons
  8 ice beasts
  5 orc warriors
  A phantom (D:15)
  4 deep elf magi
  A beast (Vault:3)
  2 ogres
  13 nagas (Snake:4)
  7 centaurs
  A red devil (Vault:3)
  4 wolves (Port)
  2 gila monsters
  7 water moccasins
  A boulder beetle zombie (Vault:2)
  2 giant slugs
  3 giant frogs
  2 wargs
  A small abomination (Abyss)
  3 imps
  An electric eel (D:17)
  Dowan (D:5)
  An iron imp (Abyss)
  6 orc priests
  A big fish (Lair:4)
  Crazy Yiuf (D:5)
  A giant ant (D:14)
  5 orc wizards
  A scorpion (D:13)
  A deep elf soldier (Elf:1)
  2 midges
  2 shadow imps
  3 snakes
  2 lemures
  A worm (D:17)
  2 white imps (Abyss)
  6 giant mosquitos (Lair:3)
  6 ufetubi
  10 grey rats
  4 goblins
  3 kobolds
  34 orcs
  A small snake (Snake:4)
  4 giant bats
  A giant newt (D:10)
  2 orc skeletons
  An orc zombie (Orc:2)
  4 quokkas
  4 rats
  2 butterflies (Shoals:2)
  2 fungi
  2 plants
302 creatures vanquished.

Vanquished Creatures (others)
  2 Executioners
  2 Blue Deaths
  A Cacodemon (Abyss)
  2 orc knights
  A hydra zombie (D:12)
  A black mamba zombie (Snake:1)
  19 orange demons
  17 slime creatures
  10 hellwings
  A yaktaur (D:21)
  An ugly thing (D:17)
  11 smoke demons
  A yak (D:17)
  17 neqoxecs
  17 ynoxinuls
  2 yaktaur zombies (D:15)
  3 elf zombies (Elf:1)
  A wyvern zombie (D:17)
  2 orc warriors (D:21)
  A yak zombie (D:16)
  A naga (Snake:4)
  A water moccasin (Snake:1)
  A soldier ant zombie (D:16)
  A boulder beetle (D:21)
  24 shadows (Abyss)
  5 imps
  A small abomination (Vault:3)
  An iguana (Lair:5)
  6 iron imps
  A jelly (D:14)
  4 lemures
  10 midges
  9 shadow imps
  10 white imps
  87 ufetubi
  A giant eyeball (D:21)
  A jackal (Lair:4)
  4 orcs
  A small snake (D:5)
  3 giant newts
  A human zombie (Snake:1)
  4 orc zombies
  2 rats
  7 fungi
  20 plants
  53 toadstools
371 creatures vanquished.

Grand Total: 2247 creatures vanquished

Notes
Turn   | Place   | Note
--------------------------------------------------------------
     0 | D:1     | Mork, the Mountain Dwarf Chaos Knight, began the quest for the Orb.
     0 | D:1     | Reached XP level 1. HP: 14/14 MP: 1/1
   410 | D:1     | Reached skill 4 in Fighting
   410 | D:1     | Acquired Makhleb's first power
   419 | D:1     | Reached XP level 2. HP: 19/21 MP: 2/2
   509 | D:1     | Reached skill 1 in Dodging
  1257 | D:2     | Reached XP level 3. HP: 22/28 MP: 3/3
  1515 | D:2     | Reached XP level 4. HP: 27/35 MP: 4/4
  1518 | D:2     | Acquired Makhleb's second power
  1801 | D:2     | Noticed Terence
  2267 | D:2     | Noticed Jessica
  2277 | D:2     | Defeated Jessica
  2690 | D:4     | Gained mutation: Your mind is acute (Int +1).
  2690 | D:4     | Lost mutation: Your mind is acute (Int +1).
  2690 | D:4     | Gained mutation: Your magical capacity is low (-10% MP).
  2696 | D:4     | Reached XP level 5. HP: 25/42 MP: 4/4
  2758 | D:4     | Found a glowing drain.
  2772 | D:4     | Reached skill 5 in Axes
  2801 | sewer   | Entered the sewers
  2914 | sewer   | Acquired Makhleb's third power
  3095 | sewer   | Found a white marble altar of Elyvilon.
  3106 | sewer   | Lost mutation: Your magical capacity is low (-10% MP).
  3210 | D:4     | Reached skill 5 in Armour
  3215 | D:4     | Reached XP level 6. HP: 33/48 MP: 6/6
  3483 | D:4     | Reached skill 6 in Axes
  4293 | D:4     | Acquired Makhleb's fourth power
  5227 | D:3     | Found a burning altar of Makhleb.
  5271 | D:5     | Entered Level 5 of the Dungeon
  5372 | D:5     | Found a sand-covered staircase.
  5381 | ossuary | Entered a tomb
  5434 | ossuary | Reached XP level 7. HP: 43/55 MP: 8/8
  5436 | ossuary | Reached skill 5 in Fighting
  6886 | D:5     | Reached skill 7 in Axes
  6892 | D:5     | Reached XP level 8. HP: 65/65 MP: 7/10
  6960 | D:5     | Noticed Dowan
  6962 | D:5     | Noticed Duvessa
  6981 | D:5     | Defeated Dowan
  7005 | D:5     | Defeated Duvessa
  7046 | D:5     | Noticed Crazy Yiuf
  7046 | D:5     | Reached XP level 7. HP: 50/60 MP: 9/9
  7050 | D:5     | Defeated Crazy Yiuf
  7050 | D:5     | Reached XP level 8. HP: 52/65 MP: 10/11
  7156 | D:5     | Reached skill 5 in Invocations
  7405 | D:5     | Got a twisted spear
  7407 | D:5     | Identified the spear of Capital Punishment {freeze, rElec MR AC-2 Str+1} (You found it on level 5 of the Dungeon)
  8013 | D:6     | Reached skill 8 in Armour
  8102 | D:6     | Found a deep blue altar of Sif Muna.
  8104 | D:6     | Acquired Makhleb's fifth power
  8109 | D:6     | Found a bloodstained altar of Trog.
  9216 | D:7     | Noticed a hill giant
  9231 | D:7     | Defeated a hill giant
  9328 | D:7     | Reached XP level 9. HP: 72/72 MP: 13/15
  9380 | D:7     | Found a staircase to the Ecumenical Temple.
  9400 | Temple  | Entered the Ecumenical Temple
  9640 | D:7     | Reached skill 1 in Traps & Doors
  9801 | D:7     | Reached skill 9 in Armour
  9857 | D:7     | Found a basalt altar of Yredelemnul.
 11356 | D:5     | Found a blossoming altar of Fedhas.
 11571 | D:2     | Defeated Terence
 11969 | D:9     | Noticed Psyche
 11976 | D:9     | Defeated Psyche
 12122 | D:9     | Reached skill 10 in Axes
 12244 | D:9     | Reached skill 1 in Stealth
 12812 | D:9     | Reached XP level 10. HP: 67/82 MP: 17/18
 13324 | D:10    | Entered Level 10 of the Dungeon
 13948 | D:10    | Reached skill 10 in Armour
 14255 | D:10    | Reached skill 11 in Axes
 14262 | D:10    | Got a slimy sabre
 14723 | D:11    | Noticed Norbert
 14738 | D:11    | Defeated Norbert
 14746 | D:11    | Got a bloodstained large shield
 14767 | D:11    | HP: 4/84 [poisoned by Norbert]
 15207 | D:11    | Identified the cursed -5 large shield "Xuydughy" (You took it off Norbert on level 11 of the Dungeon)
 15423 | D:11    | Found a staircase to the Orcish Mines.
 15476 | D:11    | Found a staircase to the Lair.
 15555 | D:11    | Identified the +4,+4 sabre of the Heart (You found it on level 10 of the Dungeon)
 15593 | Lair:1  | Entered Level 1 of the Lair of Beasts
 15697 | Lair:1  | Got a faintly glowing robe
 16059 | Lair:1  | Reached skill 12 in Axes
 16504 | Lair:2  | Reached skill 5 in Dodging
 16513 | Lair:2  | Reached XP level 11. HP: 91/91 MP: 21/21
 16954 | Lair:2  | Identified the cursed -4 robe of Geashul (You found it on level 1 of the Lair of Beasts)
 17760 | Lair:3  | Noticed Maud
 18584 | D:12    | Reached skill 13 in Axes
 18705 | D:12    | Noticed Mork's ghost
 18738 | D:12    | Defeated Mork's ghost
 19219 | Lair:1  | Reached skill 1 in Spellcasting
 19744 | D:12    | Got a crude falchion
 20506 | Lair:3  | Reached skill 10 in Invocations
 20524 | Lair:3  | Defeated Maud
 20665 | Lair:3  | Reached XP level 12. HP: 101/101 MP: 23/23
 21018 | Lair:4  | Reached skill 14 in Axes
 22290 | Lair:1  | Identified the cursed falchion of Suakoch {slice, MR} (You found it on level 12 of the Dungeon)
 22320 | Lair:1  | Gained mutation: Your mind is acute (Int +1).
 22321 | Lair:1  | Gained mutation: You are agile (Dex +1).
 22745 | Lair:5  | Reached skill 1 in Shields
 22863 | Lair:5  | Found a staircase to the Shoals.
 22967 | Lair:5  | Reached skill 10 in Fighting
 22986 | Lair:5  | Found a staircase to the Snake Pit.
 23670 | Lair:6  | Found a deep blue altar of Sif Muna.
 24120 | Lair:7  | Got a crystal amulet
 24401 | Lair:7  | Found a staircase to the Slime Pits.
 24970 | Lair:7  | Reached skill 15 in Axes
 25488 | Lair:1  | Identified the amulet of Cekugob {AC+1 EV+1} (You found it on level 7 of the Lair of Beasts)
 25655 | D:13    | Noticed Nessos
 25667 | D:13    | Reached XP level 13. HP: 69/110 MP: 25/25
 26070 | Orc:1   | Entered Level 1 of the Orcish Mines
 26507 | Orc:2   | Noticed Eustachio
 26516 | Orc:2   | Reached XP level 12. HP: 67/104 MP: 24/24
 26519 | Orc:2   | Defeated Eustachio
 26519 | Orc:2   | Reached XP level 13. HP: 70/110 MP: 25/25
 26765 | Orc:2   | Noticed Josephine
 26775 | Orc:2   | Defeated Josephine
 26850 | Orc:2   | Found Loisitwobli's Magical Wand Emporium.
 27113 | Orc:1   | Noticed Joseph
 27130 | Orc:1   | Defeated Joseph
 27295 | Orc:3   | Found Ytanu's Jewellery Emporium.
 28223 | Orc:4   | Entered Level 4 of the Orcish Mines
 28267 | Orc:4   | Noticed Urug
 28281 | Orc:4   | Defeated Urug
 29096 | Orc:4   | Noticed an orc high priest
 29111 | Orc:4   | Defeated an orc high priest
 29386 | Orc:3   | Found a staircase to the Elven Halls.
 29836 | Lair:8  | Entered Level 8 of the Lair of Beasts
 30815 | Lair:8  | Reached skill 5 in Shields
 31345 | D:13    | Noticed Maurice
 31747 | D:14    | Gained mutation: Your mind is acute (Int +2).
 32055 | D:14    | Found a frozen archway.
 32097 | IceCv   | Entered an ice cave
 32737 | IceCv   | Reached skill 16 in Axes
 32919 | IceCv   | Reached XP level 14. HP: 81/119 MP: 22/27
 33103 | IceCv   | Got a bloodstained great sword
 34469 | D:14    | Reached skill 1 in Evocations
 35204 | Lair:2  | Identified the cursed great sword "Ruijoukk" {slice, +Inv rF+} (You found it in an ice cave)
 35226 | Lair:1  | Gained mutation: Your muscles are strong (Str +1).
 35228 | Lair:1  | Reached XP level 15. HP: 126/126 MP: 28/28
 35229 | Lair:1  | Gained mutation: Your muscles are strong (Str +2).
 35447 | Orc:3   | Bought an uncursed ring of see invisible for 224 gold pieces
 35553 | D:13    | Defeated Maurice
 35786 | D:15    | Entered Level 15 of the Dungeon
 36028 | D:14    | Reached XP level 14. HP: 106/119 MP: 27/27
 36029 | D:14    | Reached XP level 15. HP: 99/126 MP: 28/28
 36290 | D:15    | Found Seuxel's Assorted Antiques.
 36299 | D:15    | Bought a distressingly furry plate mail for 980 gold pieces
 36299 | D:15    | Bought a dented emerald amulet for 175 gold pieces
 36320 | D:15    | Identified the +4 plate mail "Xoelos" (You bought it in a shop on level 15 of the Dungeon)
 36577 | D:16    | Noticed an orc sorcerer
 37371 | D:16    | Defeated an orc sorcerer
 37415 | D:16    | Noticed Agnes
 37433 | D:16    | Defeated Agnes
 37464 | D:16    | Noticed a guardian serpent
 37482 | D:16    | Defeated a guardian serpent
 37645 | D:15    | Noticed a shadow dragon
 37651 | D:15    | Reached XP level 14. HP: 113/119 MP: 22/27
 37654 | D:15    | Defeated a shadow dragon
 37654 | D:15    | Reached XP level 15. HP: 86/126 MP: 17/28
 37713 | D:15    | Noticed a freezing wraith
 37713 | D:15    | Noticed a flayed ghost
 37719 | D:15    | Noticed a freezing wraith
 37723 | D:15    | Noticed a freezing wraith
 37732 | D:16    | Reached skill 17 in Axes
 38824 | D:16    | Found a staircase to the Hive.
 40137 | D:13    | Defeated Nessos
 40650 | Hive:1  | Entered Level 1 of the Hive
 40847 | Hive:2  | Entered Level 2 of the Hive
 41129 | Hive:2  | Got a sky-blue amulet
 41817 | Hive:2  | Identified the amulet of the Air (You found it on level 2 of the Hive)
 43174 | D:17    | Found Gajoacyw's Jewellery Shoppe.
 43462 | D:17    | Found Streuv Onnis' Antique Armour Shoppe.
 43611 | D:17    | Found a glowing silver altar of Zin.
 43666 | D:17    | Found Fiutos' Assorted Antiques.
 44153 | D:17    | Bought the ring "Thaim" {AC+7 EV+5 Dam+5} for 1675 gold pieces
 45507 | D:18    | Got a torn book
 46058 | D:19    | Reached skill 18 in Axes
 46108 | D:19    | Noticed a glowing morningstar
 46110 | D:19    | Noticed a glowing glaive
 46384 | D:19    | Found a staircase to the Vaults.
 46407 | D:19    | Defeated a glowing morningstar
 46407 | D:19    | Reached XP level 16. HP: 136/136 MP: 29/29
 46601 | D:19    | You fall through a shaft!
 46660 | D:21    | Found Stonyos' Assorted Antiques.
 46701 | D:20    | Entered Level 20 of the Dungeon
 46701 | D:20    | Found a white marble altar of Elyvilon.
 47286 | D:19    | Noticed Nergalle
 47291 | D:19    | Defeated a glaive of venom
 47295 | D:19    | Defeated Nergalle
 47712 | Lair:1  | Identified Otum's Compendium of Cankerous Transmigration (You found it on level 18 of the Dungeon)
 47884 | Snake:1 | Entered Level 1 of the Snake Pit
 47935 | Snake:1 | Noticed Frances
 47945 | Snake:1 | Defeated Frances
 48109 | Snake:1 | Noticed Azrael
 48128 | Snake:1 | Defeated Azrael
 48221 | Snake:1 | Got a dazzling hammer
 48222 | Snake:1 | Identified the hammer of Nemelex Xobeh's Esteem {crush, Dex+3} (You found it on level 1 of the Snake Pit)
 48297 | Snake:1 | Reached skill 15 in Armour
 48475 | Snake:2 | Noticed Roxanne
 48872 | Snake:2 | Found a shimmering altar of Xom.
 50950 | Snake:2 | Defeated Roxanne
 50956 | Snake:2 | Got a colourful book
 50957 | Snake:2 | Identified Roxanne's Tome of the Mutagenic Mountains (You took it off Roxanne on level 2 of the Snake Pit)
 51010 | Snake:4 | Reached skill 19 in Axes
 51106 | Snake:4 | Noticed Francis
 51125 | Snake:4 | Defeated Francis
 52791 | D:15    | Noticed a freezing wraith
 52793 | D:15    | Reached XP level 17. HP: 142/142 MP: 30/30
 52818 | D:15    | Reached XP level 16. HP: 136/136 MP: 29/30
 52837 | D:15    | Noticed a spectral warrior
 52837 | D:15    | Noticed a flayed ghost
 52837 | D:15    | Noticed a freezing wraith
 52838 | D:15    | Noticed a flayed ghost
 52844 | D:15    | Noticed a freezing wraith
 52844 | D:15    | Noticed a flayed ghost
 52849 | D:15    | Defeated a flayed ghost
 52849 | D:15    | Noticed a spectral warrior
 52849 | D:15    | Noticed a freezing wraith
 53161 | D:15    | Got a fine glass ring
 53519 | D:15    | Identified the ring "Pho Sky" {AC+6} (You found it on level 15 of the Dungeon)
 54399 | Vault:1 | Entered Level 1 of the Vaults
 54464 | Vault:1 | Noticed Duane
 54475 | Vault:1 | Defeated Duane
 54475 | Vault:1 | Reached XP level 17. HP: 142/142 MP: 23/30
 54963 | Vault:2 | Found Uggeid's Book Shop.
 55248 | Vault:2 | Noticed Frederick
 55553 | Vault:1 | Gained mutation: Your mind is acute (Int +3).
 56383 | D:17    | Bought a pair of boots for 58 gold pieces
 57213 | D:20    | Noticed a shining eye
 57319 | D:20    | Reached skill 20 in Axes
 57514 | D:21    | Found Cram's Assorted Antiques.
 57514 | D:21    | Noticed Faraday's ghost
 57523 | D:21    | Defeated Faraday's ghost
 57525 | D:21    | Bought a scroll labeled JOELALENIA for 35 gold pieces
 57551 | D:21    | Found Klaudonu's Jewellery Shoppe.
 57560 | D:21    | Bought a cursed -2 ring of dexterity for 1 gold piece
 57560 | D:21    | Bought a cursed ring of hunger for 1 gold piece
 57566 | D:21    | Found Gatramu's Antique Weapon Shoppe.
 58003 | D:21    | Noticed Wayne
 58038 | D:21    | Defeated Wayne
 58158 | D:21    | Noticed Xtahua
 58328 | Vault:2 | Reached XP level 18. HP: 153/153 MP: 31/31
 58357 | Vault:2 | Defeated Frederick
 58445 | Vault:2 | Noticed Zavros' ghost
 58495 | Vault:2 | Defeated Zavros' ghost
 59024 | Vault:3 | Found a staircase to the Crypt.
 59416 | Vault:3 | Noticed a deep elf mage
 59417 | Vault:3 | Noticed a deep elf summoner
 59417 | Vault:3 | Noticed a deep elf mage
 59431 | Vault:3 | Defeated a deep elf mage
 59436 | Vault:3 | Defeated a deep elf summoner
 59437 | Vault:3 | Defeated a deep elf mage
 60439 | Elf:1   | Entered Level 1 of the Elven Halls
 60458 | Elf:1   | Found a radiant altar of Vehumet.
 60497 | Elf:1   | You are cast into the Abyss!
 60497 | Elf:1   | Cast into the Abyss (deep elf mage)
 60497 | Abyss   | Entered The Abyss
 60628 | Abyss   | Noticed a purple draconian
 60683 | Abyss   | Defeated a purple draconian
 60707 | Abyss   | Noticed a white draconian annihilator
 60713 | Abyss   | Defeated a white draconian annihilator
 60741 | Abyss   | Reached skill 21 in Axes
 61504 | Elf:1   | You pass through the gate.
 61511 | Elf:1   | You are cast into the Abyss!
 61511 | Elf:1   | Cast into the Abyss (deep elf mage)
 61555 | Abyss   | Noticed a naga warrior
 61613 | Abyss   | Lost mutation: You are agile (Dex +1).
 61621 | Abyss   | Gained mutation: Your natural rate of healing is unusually fast.
 61847 | Abyss   | Noticed a toenail golem
 62555 | Abyss   | Got a jewelled golden mace
 62616 | Abyss   | Noticed a naga mage
 62623 | Abyss   | Defeated a naga mage
 62771 | Abyss   | Noticed a flayed ghost
 62883 | Elf:1   | You pass through the gate.
 62946 | Elf:1   | Identified the Sceptre of Torment (You found it in the Abyss)
 63517 | Shoals:1 | Entered Level 1 of the Shoals
 63617 | Shoals:1 | Reached skill 10 in Shields
 63712 | Shoals:1 | Noticed Polyphemus
 63728 | Shoals:1 | Defeated Polyphemus
 64712 | Shoals:2 | Noticed Nikola
 64723 | Shoals:2 | Defeated Nikola
 65118 | Shoals:2 | Gained mutation: You are partially covered in rough black scales (AC +4, Dex -1).
 65118 | Shoals:2 | Gained mutation: Your system is resistant to poisons.
 65377 | Shoals:3 | Got a brightly glowing plate mail
 65861 | Lair:1  | Identified the +1 plate mail "Phisesch" (You found it on level 3 of the Shoals)

Halls Hopper

Post Wednesday, 16th March 2011, 10:53

somewhat resistant to hostile enchantments is ur main problem why u get casted to abyss.

Im gonna quote myself "Elven halls doesnt have rune but nice loot u need some MR there."
The flail fails to defends itself.
You open the flail like a pillowcase!!!

For this message the author Sprinter has received thanks:
Jk

Jk

Swamp Slogger

Post Wednesday, 16th March 2011, 19:42

YASD :(

Cleared Shoals except last level, and Vault except 7 and 8. For some stupid reason, I decided to go into the Hall of Blades, just to dip my toe in the water. What on earth was I thinking? The first weapon died in one hit, so I said, "okay, not so bad."

The second weapon was distortion branded, and teleported me into the center of the hall surrounded by 10 or so weapons. I immediately summoned a greater demon, which was a Balrog, and it summoned hostile. Using all my blink and teleports, I summon make it into a narrow corridor and defeat all the weapons while the Balrog wanders off.

I make a beeline for the exit stairs. As I'm closing with it, the same weapon of distortion appears in my field of vision. I throw on my amulet of stasis, and make it to the stairs just as the weapon moves next to me. I move upstairs...

... and am cast into the Abyss.

After (days it felt like), I finally make it to an exit door. I have a bunch of minor demons next to me, but some larger ones are at the edge of my screen, so I decide to ascend right away incase it teleports me or gets more dangerous.

The portal brings me back to the hall, but I'm not near the exit. And now I have both weapons AND demons surrounding me. I summon some more help (friendly this time!) and consume everything I can, but the demons applied too many slows, the halberds of reaching were obnoxious, and I had no other escape methods.

I almost made it away, but the nail in the coffin was a last hit from a scimitar of electrocution. Damn if I didn't wish I had my rElect up, but I wasn't wasting any turns while trying to get away :(

Alas, a fun way to go. Lesson learned: just say 'no' to hall of blades. Vault was incredibly easy before I made that stupid decision, too. This was my fourth best score, but definitely my best character. Too bad I'm dumb.

Morgue:

Code:

220719 Mork the Executioner (level 19, -2/164 HPs)
             Began as a Mountain Dwarf Chaos Knight on Mar 14, 2011.
             Was a High Priest of Makhleb.
             Slain by a scimitar of electrocution (21 damage)
             ... in the Hall of Blades on Mar 16, 2011.
             Josh's game lasted 10:52:44 (72815 turns).

Mork the Executioner (Mountain Dwarf Chaos Knight)                 Turns: 72815, Time: 10:52:44

HP  -2/164       AC 49     Str 27      Exp: 19/355525 (482), need: 23424
MP  26/32        EV 11     Int 12 (13) God: Makhleb [*****.]
Gold 3509        SH 29     Dex 13      Spells:  0 memorised, 20 levels left

Res.Fire  : + + .   See Invis. : +   x - +2 broad axe (venom)
Res.Cold  : + . .   Warding    : .   g - +5 dwarf plate mail {rF+}
Life Prot.: . . .   Conserve   : .   r - +2 dwarf shield
Res.Poison: +       Res.Corr.  : .   M - +1 helmet {SInv}
Res.Elec. : .       Clarity    : .   A - +2 cloak {rC+ rF+}
Spirit.Shd: .       Stasis     : .   Z - +2 pair of dwarf gloves {Dex+3}
Res.Mut.  : +       Ctrl.Telep.: .   I - amulet of resist mutation
Res.Rott. : .       Levitation : .   T - ring of sustenance
Saprovore : . . .   Ctrl.Flight: .   W - ring "Thaim" {AC+7 EV+5 Dam+5}

@: very slightly glowing, very slow, slowed, somewhat resistant to hostile enchantments,
extremely unstealthy
A: poison resistance, regeneration 1, AC +4, Str +2, Int +3, Dex -1
Renounce Religion

You were in the Hall of Blades.
You worshipped Makhleb.
Makhleb was exalted by your worship.
You were very hungry.

You visited 10 branches of the dungeon, and saw 51 of its levels.
You visited the Abyss 3 times.
You visited 4 portal chambers: sewer, ossuary, ice cave, trove.

You collected 8487 gold pieces.
You spent 3558 gold pieces at shops.
You used 1440 gold pieces for miscellaneous purposes.

Inventory:

Hand weapons
 l - a +1,+5 battleaxe of venom
 s - a +4,+5 battleaxe of freezing
 x - a +2,+2 broad axe of venom (weapon)
Armour
 a - a +2 helmet
 g - a +5 dwarven plate mail of fire resistance (worn)
 p - a +2 pair of boots (worn)
 r - a +2 dwarven shield (worn)
 A - a +2 cloak of resistance (worn)
 M - a +1 helmet of see invisible (worn)
 Z - a +2 pair of dwarven gloves of dexterity (worn)
Magical devices
 k - a wand of draining (7)
 t - a wand of cold (7) {unknown}
 G - a wand of disintegration (9)
Comestibles
 b - 2 apples
 c - 8 honeycombs
Scrolls
 e - a scroll of fear
 y - 2 scrolls of paper
 z - a scroll of detect curse
 H - 2 scrolls of curse weapon
 O - a scroll of noise
Jewellery
 h - an uncursed amulet of stasis
 j - an uncursed ring of teleportation
 n - the amulet of Cekugob {Ward -TELE Hunger rElec rPois rN+ AC+1 EV+1}
   (You found it on level 7 of the Lair of Beasts)   
   [amulet of warding]
   It affects your AC (+1).
   It affects your evasion (+1).
   It protects you from poison.
   It protects you from negative energy.
   It prevents most forms of teleportation.
   It speeds your metabolism.
 q - an uncursed ring of protection from magic
 u - an uncursed ring of protection from fire
 I - an amulet of resist mutation (around neck)
 N - an uncursed ring of protection from magic
 R - the ring "Pho Sky" {Wiz rC+ AC+6}
   (You found it on level 15 of the Dungeon)   
   [ring of wizardry]
   It affects your AC (+6).
   It protects you from cold.
 T - a ring of sustenance (right hand)
 U - the amulet "Prupn" {rCorr Str+3 Int-4}
   (You found it in a treasure trove)   
   [amulet of resist corrosion]
   It affects your strength (+3).
   It affects your intelligence (-4).
 V - the amulet of the Air {cFly +Lev rElec EV+3 Stlth++}
   (You found it on level 2 of the Hive)   
   [amulet of controlled flight]
   It affects your evasion (+3).
   It lets you levitate.
   It makes you much more stealthy.
 W - the ring "Thaim" (left hand) {AC+7 EV+5 Dam+5}
   (You bought it in a shop on level 17 of the Dungeon)   
   [ring of slaying]
   It affects your damage-dealing abilities (+5).
   It affects your AC (+7).
   It affects your evasion (+5).
Potions
 v - a potion of agility
 C - a potion of invisibility
 J - 9 potions of healing
 X - a potion of might
Miscellaneous
 i - a lantern of shadows

You had 482 experience left.

Skills:
 + Level 14 Fighting
 + Level 23 Axes
 + Level 16 Armour
 + Level 9 Dodging
 - Level 2 Stealth
 - Level 10 Shields
 + Level 4 Traps & Doors
 + Level 1 Spellcasting
 + Level 14 Invocations
 + Level 3 Evocations

You had 20 spell levels left.
You didn't know any spells.

Dungeon Overview and Level Annotations

Branches:
    Elf (1/7) Orc:3          Lair (8/8) D:11         Shoals (4/5) Lair:5
  Vault (5/8) D:19          Blade (1/1) Vault:5       Crypt (0/5) Vault:3
  Hell: D:21-27        Pan: D:21-27      Abyss: D:21-27     

Altars:
Cheibriados
Elyvilon
Fedhas
Kikubaaqudgha
Makhleb
Nemelex Xobeh
Okawaru
Sif Muna
The Shining One
Trog
Vehumet
Xom
Yredelemnul
Zin

Shops:
D:15: *  D:17: [=*  D:21: *=*(  Orc:2: /  Orc:3: =  Vault:2: +  Vault:4: [

Annotations
D:7 exclusion: 67 steam clouds
D:21 exclusion: 26 freezing vapour clouds
Vault:1 exclusion: 9 freezing vapour clouds

Innate Abilities, Weirdness & Mutations

You are partially covered in rough black scales (AC +4, Dex -1).
Your mind is acute (Int +3).
Your system is resistant to poisons.
Your natural rate of healing is unusually fast.
Your muscles are strong (Str +2).

Message History

The imp blinks!
The runed spiked flail hits you but does no damage.
You block the runed spiked flail's attack.
You block the imp's attack. The runed glaive hits you.
* * * LOW HITPOINT WARNING * * *
The scimitar of electrocution hits you!
You die...

#####################
 ##....1).........))...
##...##################
#.....####.####.## #.
.......##...##...##...
.........5.5(.........
..........#@(.5.......
.(.......###(..........
........## ##4#........
.....(...###(..........
..........#...)........
.............).........
....((.................
.....(...............55

You could see 3 dancing weapons, 2 imps, a lemure and a friendly hellwing.

Vanquished Creatures
  The ghost of Zavros the Black Belt, a mighty SETm of Cheibriados (Vault:2)
  Agnes (D:16)
  Duane (Vault:1)
  A kraken (Shoals:3)
  2 storm dragons
  Frances (Snake:1)
  Francis (Snake:4)
  The ghost of Faraday the Destroyer, a mighty DEWz of Sif Muna (D:21)
  A frost giant (Vault:5)
  A sphinx zombie (D:21)
  3 stone giants
  A sphinx skeleton (Vault:3)
  Wayne (D:21)
  Azrael (Snake:1)
  A purple draconian (Abyss)
  6 yaktaur captains
  6 great orbs of eyes
  A siren (Shoals:3)
  A merfolk javelineer (Shoals:4)
  5 hydras
  Nessos (D:13)
  3 anacondas
  Nergalle (D:19)
  An alligator snapping turtle (Shoals:4)
  4 death yaks
  8 ogre magi
  17 dancing weapons
  2 stone giant zombies
  A very ugly thing (Vault:4)
  The ghost of Mork the Protected, an experienced MDCK of Makhleb (D:12)
  An orc high priest (Orc:4)
  2 elves (shapeshifter)
  A frost giant skeleton (Vault:1)
  A fire giant skeleton (Vault:5)
  6 centaur warriors
  4 griffons
  14 skeletal warriors
  A stone giant skeleton (Vault:5)
  2 deep elf knights
  A giant orange brain (Vault:1)
  An ice devil (Abyss)
  3 sea snakes
  2 naga warriors (Snake:3)
  A wizard (Vault:1)
  A mottled draconian zombie (Orc:2)
  5 unseen horrors
  2 giant amoebae
  2 flayed ghosts
  9 hill giants
  9 harpies
  2 guardian serpents
  A mottled draconian skeleton (Orc:2)
  7 cyclopes
  A spiny worm (D:20)
  3 orc sorcerers
  14 orc knights
  2 iron troll skeletons
  A statue (Vault:4)
  A mimic (D:13)
  15 black mambas
  A trapdoor spider (D:15)
  A dragon zombie (D:18)
  An elephant slug (Lair:4)
  A wolf spider (D:15)
  Maurice (D:13)
  6 orange demons
  A dragon skeleton (Abyss)
  An ice dragon skeleton (D:18)
  21 slime creatures
  2 eyes of devastation (D:20)
  A large large abomination (Abyss)
  19 yaktaurs
  3 hellwings (Abyss)
  4 rock trolls
  A hill giant zombie (D:17)
  7 spiny frogs
  63 ugly things
  2 efreeti (Abyss)
  7 mermaids
  2 hill giant skeletons
  A naga mage (Abyss)
  7 trolls
  A redback (D:21)
  6 smoke demons
  3 komodo dragons
  A queen bee (Hive:2)
  A two-headed ogre (shapeshifter) (Vault:2)
  11 snapping turtles
  19 two-headed ogres
  A deep troll skeleton (Vault:2)
  13 giant toads
  5 blink frogs (Lair:2)
  6 grizzly bears (Lair:8)
  A wyvern (D:13)
  14 polar bears
  A bumblebee (shapeshifter) (D:19)
  43 yaks
  3 vipers
  10 bears (Lair:8)
  2 deep elf summoners (Elf:1)
  A wyvern (shapeshifter) (D:17)
  136 killer bees
  2 hungry ghosts
  A fire drake (Lair:7)
  6 sharks
  4 giant blowflies
  3 fire elementals (Snake:1)
  3 deep elf fighters
  A yaktaur zombie (Vault:2)
  5 neqoxecs
  A steam dragon (Lair:4)
  15 hippogriffs
  11 war dogs
  13 manticores
  2 ynoxinuls
  2 necrophages
  28 merfolk
  An insubstantial wisp (Vault:5)
  A yaktaur skeleton (D:17)
  A giant slug zombie (D:19)
  A mottled dragon (D:15)
  A cyclops zombie (D:15)
  A soldier ant (D:10)
  5 hell hounds
  3 freezing wraiths
  A rock troll simulacrum (D:18)
  5 ice beasts
  A phantom (D:5)
  3 small abominations (Abyss)
  A black bear (shapeshifter) (D:19)
  38 orc warriors
  A boring beetle (Vault:4)
  2 giant goldfish (Lair:4)
  A deep elf priest (Elf:1)
  6 gila monsters
  40 ogres
  A rock worm zombie (D:17)
  4 deep elf magi (Elf:1)
  23 water moccasins
  25 nagas
  5 big kobolds
  2 boulder beetle zombies
  A yak skeleton (D:16)
  18 giant frogs
  4 wolves
  10 crocodiles
  25 centaurs
  5 giant slugs
  3 giant snails
  2 giant leeches (shapeshifter)
  3 wargs
  A brain worm (Abyss)
  A water moccasin skeleton (D:11)
  A bumblebee simulacrum (D:18)
  3 wights
  A killer bee zombie (D:7)
  2 boulder beetles
  7 jellyfish
  4 electric eels
  3 big kobold zombies
  A gila monster zombie (D:14)
  2 big kobold skeletons
  9 imps
  2 giant beetles
  A quasit (D:9)
  8 hounds
  2 scorpions
  9 big fish
  2 hound zombies (Port)
  22 orc wizards
  A hound skeleton (D:4)
  9 iguanas
  3 deep elf soldiers
  6 iron imps (Abyss)
  17 orc priests
  5 giant ants
  A giant ant zombie (D:5)
  A human zombie (Port)
  13 sheep
  Jessica (D:2)
  3 jellies
  4 mummies (Port)
  3 flying skulls (Abyss)
  8 gnolls
  33 green rats
  31 snakes
  A giant centipede (D:15)
  A midge (Abyss)
  A giant centipede zombie (D:15)
  2 iguana skeletons
  5 lemures
  3 giant mites
  A shadow imp (Port)
  2 snake zombies (Port)
  2 white imps (Abyss)
  5 worms
  7 ufetubi
  Terence (D:2)
  43 grey rats
  2 giant bat skeletons
  3 giant eyeballs
  10 giant geckos
  15 goblins
  24 hobgoblins
  19 jackals
  35 kobolds
  146 orcs
  9 quokkas
  4 small snakes
  43 giant bats
  7 giant cockroaches
  A giant gecko skeleton (D:13)
  7 giant newts
  2 giant spores
  A goblin zombie (Port)
  2 hobgoblin skeletons
  3 hobgoblin zombies
  2 jackal zombies (Port)
  34 killer bee larvae
  A kobold skeleton (D:10)
  3 orc skeletons
  3 quokka zombies
  27 rats
  A rat zombie (D:5)
  7 ballistomycetes
  6 bushes
  4 fungi
  10 plants
  2 tentacles (Shoals:3)
  16 toadstools
1706 creatures vanquished.

Vanquished Creatures (collateral kills)
  Frederick (Vault:2)
  A lich (Vault:5)
  Nikola (Shoals:2)
  A shadow dragon (D:15)
  Roxanne (Snake:2)
  A frost giant (Port)
  Maud (Lair:3)
  A draconian annihilator (Abyss)
  A yaktaur captain (Vault:3)
  Norbert (D:11)
  2 great orbs of eyes
  A siren (Shoals:1)
  Josephine (Orc:2)
  An ice dragon (Vault:5)
  An ogre mage (Vault:5)
  A dancing weapon (Blade)
  4 hydras
  Polyphemus (Shoals:1)
  3 centaur warriors
  A stone giant skeleton (Vault:5)
  3 deep elf knights
  A fire giant skeleton (Vault:2)
  6 skeletal warriors
  2 naga warriors (Snake:4)
  2 griffons (Vault:2)
  A white draconian zombie (Abyss)
  A sea snake (Shoals:2)
  A red draconian zombie (Abyss)
  3 ice statues
  5 hill giants
  An orc knight (D:15)
  2 cyclopes (D:16)
  Joseph (Orc:1)
  2 harpies (Vault:5)
  Urug (Orc:4)
  A guardian serpent (shapeshifter) (D:16)
  A hydra skeleton (D:16)
  A mimic (D:16)
  2 black mambas
  3 yaktaurs (Vault:5)
  A spiny worm zombie (Vault:2)
  A slime creature (D:14)
  A spiny frog (Lair:6)
  3 orange demons
  Psyche (D:9)
  A naga mage (Snake:4)
  9 ugly things
  2 rock trolls
  2 large large abominations (Abyss)
  An efreet (Abyss)
  A mermaid (Shoals:2)
  A komodo dragon (D:16)
  A sixfirhy (Abyss)
  A troll (D:9)
  5 polar bears (Port)
  3 smoke demons
  A two-headed ogre (Vault:5)
  A rock troll skeleton (Orc:2)
  2 giant toads
  A brown ooze (shapeshifter) (Vault:3)
  2 hippogriffs (Shoals:2)
  A deep elf summoner (Vault:3)
  A bear (Lair:8)
  A neqoxec (Port)
  Eustachio (Orc:2)
  2 merfolk (Shoals:2)
  A shark (Lair:4)
  12 yaks
  2 hungry ghosts (D:15)
  A wyvern (Lair:8)
  A manticore (Shoals:2)
  A giant goldfish (Lair:4)
  A yaktaur skeleton (Vault:5)
  A soldier ant (D:16)
  A manticore skeleton (Abyss)
  Duvessa (D:5)
  2 cyclops skeletons
  8 ice beasts
  5 insubstantial wisps (Vault:5)
  6 orc warriors
  A phantom (D:15)
  5 deep elf magi
  A beast (Vault:3)
  6 ogres
  13 nagas (Snake:4)
  7 centaurs
  A red devil (Vault:3)
  4 wolves (Port)
  2 gila monsters
  7 water moccasins
  A boulder beetle zombie (Vault:2)
  2 giant slugs
  3 giant frogs
  2 wargs
  A small abomination (Abyss)
  3 imps
  An electric eel (D:17)
  Dowan (D:5)
  An iron imp (Abyss)
  7 orc priests
  A big fish (Lair:4)
  Crazy Yiuf (D:5)
  A giant ant (D:14)
  5 orc wizards
  A scorpion (D:13)
  2 deep elf soldiers
  3 midges
  2 shadow imps
  3 snakes
  5 lemures
  A worm (D:17)
  4 white imps
  6 giant mosquitos (Lair:3)
  9 ufetubi
  10 grey rats
  4 goblins
  3 kobolds
  36 orcs
  A small snake (Snake:4)
  4 giant bats
  A giant newt (D:10)
  2 orc skeletons
  An orc zombie (Orc:2)
  4 quokkas
  4 rats
  2 butterflies (Shoals:2)
  2 fungi
  2 plants
346 creatures vanquished.

Vanquished Creatures (others)
  A Balrug (Vault:5)
  3 Executioners
  2 Blue Deaths
  A Cacodemon (Abyss)
  2 orc knights
  A hydra zombie (D:12)
  An iron troll skeleton (Vault:5)
  A black mamba zombie (Snake:1)
  20 orange demons
  18 slime creatures
  11 hellwings
  A yaktaur (D:21)
  An ugly thing (D:17)
  12 smoke demons
  A yak (D:17)
  21 neqoxecs
  17 ynoxinuls
  2 yaktaur zombies (D:15)
  4 elf zombies
  A wyvern zombie (D:17)
  2 orc warriors (D:21)
  A yak zombie (D:16)
  A naga (Snake:4)
  A water moccasin (Snake:1)
  A soldier ant zombie (D:16)
  A boulder beetle (D:21)
  2 ogre zombies (Vault:5)
  24 shadows (Abyss)
  6 imps
  A small abomination (Vault:3)
  An iguana (Lair:5)
  6 iron imps
  A jelly (D:14)
  A sheep (Shoals:2)
  5 lemures
  13 midges
  11 shadow imps
  11 white imps
  87 ufetubi
  A giant eyeball (D:21)
  A jackal (Lair:4)
  4 orcs
  A small snake (D:5)
  3 giant newts
  A human zombie (Snake:1)
  5 orc zombies
  2 rats
  7 fungi
  21 plants
  13 tentacles (Shoals:3)
  61 toadstools
417 creatures vanquished.

Grand Total: 2469 creatures vanquished

Notes
Turn   | Place   | Note
--------------------------------------------------------------
     0 | D:1     | Mork, the Mountain Dwarf Chaos Knight, began the quest for the Orb.
     0 | D:1     | Reached XP level 1. HP: 14/14 MP: 1/1
   410 | D:1     | Reached skill 4 in Fighting
   410 | D:1     | Acquired Makhleb's first power
   419 | D:1     | Reached XP level 2. HP: 19/21 MP: 2/2
   509 | D:1     | Reached skill 1 in Dodging
  1257 | D:2     | Reached XP level 3. HP: 22/28 MP: 3/3
  1515 | D:2     | Reached XP level 4. HP: 27/35 MP: 4/4
  1518 | D:2     | Acquired Makhleb's second power
  1801 | D:2     | Noticed Terence
  2267 | D:2     | Noticed Jessica
  2277 | D:2     | Defeated Jessica
  2690 | D:4     | Gained mutation: Your mind is acute (Int +1).
  2690 | D:4     | Lost mutation: Your mind is acute (Int +1).
  2690 | D:4     | Gained mutation: Your magical capacity is low (-10% MP).
  2696 | D:4     | Reached XP level 5. HP: 25/42 MP: 4/4
  2758 | D:4     | Found a glowing drain.
  2772 | D:4     | Reached skill 5 in Axes
  2801 | sewer   | Entered the sewers
  2914 | sewer   | Acquired Makhleb's third power
  3095 | sewer   | Found a white marble altar of Elyvilon.
  3106 | sewer   | Lost mutation: Your magical capacity is low (-10% MP).
  3210 | D:4     | Reached skill 5 in Armour
  3215 | D:4     | Reached XP level 6. HP: 33/48 MP: 6/6
  3483 | D:4     | Reached skill 6 in Axes
  4293 | D:4     | Acquired Makhleb's fourth power
  5227 | D:3     | Found a burning altar of Makhleb.
  5271 | D:5     | Entered Level 5 of the Dungeon
  5372 | D:5     | Found a sand-covered staircase.
  5381 | ossuary | Entered a tomb
  5434 | ossuary | Reached XP level 7. HP: 43/55 MP: 8/8
  5436 | ossuary | Reached skill 5 in Fighting
  6886 | D:5     | Reached skill 7 in Axes
  6892 | D:5     | Reached XP level 8. HP: 65/65 MP: 7/10
  6960 | D:5     | Noticed Dowan
  6962 | D:5     | Noticed Duvessa
  6981 | D:5     | Defeated Dowan
  7005 | D:5     | Defeated Duvessa
  7046 | D:5     | Noticed Crazy Yiuf
  7046 | D:5     | Reached XP level 7. HP: 50/60 MP: 9/9
  7050 | D:5     | Defeated Crazy Yiuf
  7050 | D:5     | Reached XP level 8. HP: 52/65 MP: 10/11
  7156 | D:5     | Reached skill 5 in Invocations
  7405 | D:5     | Got a twisted spear
  7407 | D:5     | Identified the spear of Capital Punishment {freeze, rElec MR AC-2 Str+1} (You found it on level 5 of the Dungeon)
  8013 | D:6     | Reached skill 8 in Armour
  8102 | D:6     | Found a deep blue altar of Sif Muna.
  8104 | D:6     | Acquired Makhleb's fifth power
  8109 | D:6     | Found a bloodstained altar of Trog.
  9216 | D:7     | Noticed a hill giant
  9231 | D:7     | Defeated a hill giant
  9328 | D:7     | Reached XP level 9. HP: 72/72 MP: 13/15
  9380 | D:7     | Found a staircase to the Ecumenical Temple.
  9400 | Temple  | Entered the Ecumenical Temple
  9640 | D:7     | Reached skill 1 in Traps & Doors
  9801 | D:7     | Reached skill 9 in Armour
  9857 | D:7     | Found a basalt altar of Yredelemnul.
 11356 | D:5     | Found a blossoming altar of Fedhas.
 11571 | D:2     | Defeated Terence
 11969 | D:9     | Noticed Psyche
 11976 | D:9     | Defeated Psyche
 12122 | D:9     | Reached skill 10 in Axes
 12244 | D:9     | Reached skill 1 in Stealth
 12812 | D:9     | Reached XP level 10. HP: 67/82 MP: 17/18
 13324 | D:10    | Entered Level 10 of the Dungeon
 13948 | D:10    | Reached skill 10 in Armour
 14255 | D:10    | Reached skill 11 in Axes
 14262 | D:10    | Got a slimy sabre
 14723 | D:11    | Noticed Norbert
 14738 | D:11    | Defeated Norbert
 14746 | D:11    | Got a bloodstained large shield
 14767 | D:11    | HP: 4/84 [poisoned by Norbert]
 15207 | D:11    | Identified the cursed -5 large shield "Xuydughy" (You took it off Norbert on level 11 of the Dungeon)
 15423 | D:11    | Found a staircase to the Orcish Mines.
 15476 | D:11    | Found a staircase to the Lair.
 15555 | D:11    | Identified the +4,+4 sabre of the Heart (You found it on level 10 of the Dungeon)
 15593 | Lair:1  | Entered Level 1 of the Lair of Beasts
 15697 | Lair:1  | Got a faintly glowing robe
 16059 | Lair:1  | Reached skill 12 in Axes
 16504 | Lair:2  | Reached skill 5 in Dodging
 16513 | Lair:2  | Reached XP level 11. HP: 91/91 MP: 21/21
 16954 | Lair:2  | Identified the cursed -4 robe of Geashul (You found it on level 1 of the Lair of Beasts)
 17760 | Lair:3  | Noticed Maud
 18584 | D:12    | Reached skill 13 in Axes
 18705 | D:12    | Noticed Mork's ghost
 18738 | D:12    | Defeated Mork's ghost
 19219 | Lair:1  | Reached skill 1 in Spellcasting
 19744 | D:12    | Got a crude falchion
 20506 | Lair:3  | Reached skill 10 in Invocations
 20524 | Lair:3  | Defeated Maud
 20665 | Lair:3  | Reached XP level 12. HP: 101/101 MP: 23/23
 21018 | Lair:4  | Reached skill 14 in Axes
 22290 | Lair:1  | Identified the cursed falchion of Suakoch {slice, MR} (You found it on level 12 of the Dungeon)
 22320 | Lair:1  | Gained mutation: Your mind is acute (Int +1).
 22321 | Lair:1  | Gained mutation: You are agile (Dex +1).
 22745 | Lair:5  | Reached skill 1 in Shields
 22863 | Lair:5  | Found a staircase to the Shoals.
 22967 | Lair:5  | Reached skill 10 in Fighting
 22986 | Lair:5  | Found a staircase to the Snake Pit.
 23670 | Lair:6  | Found a deep blue altar of Sif Muna.
 24120 | Lair:7  | Got a crystal amulet
 24401 | Lair:7  | Found a staircase to the Slime Pits.
 24970 | Lair:7  | Reached skill 15 in Axes
 25488 | Lair:1  | Identified the amulet of Cekugob {AC+1 EV+1} (You found it on level 7 of the Lair of Beasts)
 25655 | D:13    | Noticed Nessos
 25667 | D:13    | Reached XP level 13. HP: 69/110 MP: 25/25
 26070 | Orc:1   | Entered Level 1 of the Orcish Mines
 26507 | Orc:2   | Noticed Eustachio
 26516 | Orc:2   | Reached XP level 12. HP: 67/104 MP: 24/24
 26519 | Orc:2   | Defeated Eustachio
 26519 | Orc:2   | Reached XP level 13. HP: 70/110 MP: 25/25
 26765 | Orc:2   | Noticed Josephine
 26775 | Orc:2   | Defeated Josephine
 26850 | Orc:2   | Found Loisitwobli's Magical Wand Emporium.
 27113 | Orc:1   | Noticed Joseph
 27130 | Orc:1   | Defeated Joseph
 27295 | Orc:3   | Found Ytanu's Jewellery Emporium.
 28223 | Orc:4   | Entered Level 4 of the Orcish Mines
 28267 | Orc:4   | Noticed Urug
 28281 | Orc:4   | Defeated Urug
 29096 | Orc:4   | Noticed an orc high priest
 29111 | Orc:4   | Defeated an orc high priest
 29386 | Orc:3   | Found a staircase to the Elven Halls.
 29836 | Lair:8  | Entered Level 8 of the Lair of Beasts
 30815 | Lair:8  | Reached skill 5 in Shields
 31345 | D:13    | Noticed Maurice
 31747 | D:14    | Gained mutation: Your mind is acute (Int +2).
 32055 | D:14    | Found a frozen archway.
 32097 | IceCv   | Entered an ice cave
 32737 | IceCv   | Reached skill 16 in Axes
 32919 | IceCv   | Reached XP level 14. HP: 81/119 MP: 22/27
 33103 | IceCv   | Got a bloodstained great sword
 34469 | D:14    | Reached skill 1 in Evocations
 35204 | Lair:2  | Identified the cursed great sword "Ruijoukk" {slice, +Inv rF+} (You found it in an ice cave)
 35226 | Lair:1  | Gained mutation: Your muscles are strong (Str +1).
 35228 | Lair:1  | Reached XP level 15. HP: 126/126 MP: 28/28
 35229 | Lair:1  | Gained mutation: Your muscles are strong (Str +2).
 35447 | Orc:3   | Bought an uncursed ring of see invisible for 224 gold pieces
 35553 | D:13    | Defeated Maurice
 35786 | D:15    | Entered Level 15 of the Dungeon
 36028 | D:14    | Reached XP level 14. HP: 106/119 MP: 27/27
 36029 | D:14    | Reached XP level 15. HP: 99/126 MP: 28/28
 36290 | D:15    | Found Seuxel's Assorted Antiques.
 36299 | D:15    | Bought a distressingly furry plate mail for 980 gold pieces
 36299 | D:15    | Bought a dented emerald amulet for 175 gold pieces
 36320 | D:15    | Identified the +4 plate mail "Xoelos" (You bought it in a shop on level 15 of the Dungeon)
 36577 | D:16    | Noticed an orc sorcerer
 37371 | D:16    | Defeated an orc sorcerer
 37415 | D:16    | Noticed Agnes
 37433 | D:16    | Defeated Agnes
 37464 | D:16    | Noticed a guardian serpent
 37482 | D:16    | Defeated a guardian serpent
 37645 | D:15    | Noticed a shadow dragon
 37651 | D:15    | Reached XP level 14. HP: 113/119 MP: 22/27
 37654 | D:15    | Defeated a shadow dragon
 37654 | D:15    | Reached XP level 15. HP: 86/126 MP: 17/28
 37713 | D:15    | Noticed a freezing wraith
 37723 | D:15    | Noticed a freezing wraith
 37732 | D:16    | Reached skill 17 in Axes
 38824 | D:16    | Found a staircase to the Hive.
 40137 | D:13    | Defeated Nessos
 40650 | Hive:1  | Entered Level 1 of the Hive
 40847 | Hive:2  | Entered Level 2 of the Hive
 41129 | Hive:2  | Got a sky-blue amulet
 41817 | Hive:2  | Identified the amulet of the Air (You found it on level 2 of the Hive)
 43174 | D:17    | Found Gajoacyw's Jewellery Shoppe.
 43462 | D:17    | Found Streuv Onnis' Antique Armour Shoppe.
 43611 | D:17    | Found a glowing silver altar of Zin.
 43666 | D:17    | Found Fiutos' Assorted Antiques.
 44153 | D:17    | Bought the ring "Thaim" {AC+7 EV+5 Dam+5} for 1675 gold pieces
 45507 | D:18    | Got a torn book
 46058 | D:19    | Reached skill 18 in Axes
 46108 | D:19    | Noticed a glowing morningstar
 46110 | D:19    | Noticed a glowing glaive
 46384 | D:19    | Found a staircase to the Vaults.
 46407 | D:19    | Defeated a glowing morningstar
 46407 | D:19    | Reached XP level 16. HP: 136/136 MP: 29/29
 46601 | D:19    | You fall through a shaft!
 46660 | D:21    | Found Stonyos' Assorted Antiques.
 46701 | D:20    | Entered Level 20 of the Dungeon
 46701 | D:20    | Found a white marble altar of Elyvilon.
 47286 | D:19    | Noticed Nergalle
 47291 | D:19    | Defeated a glaive of venom
 47295 | D:19    | Defeated Nergalle
 47712 | Lair:1  | Identified Otum's Compendium of Cankerous Transmigration (You found it on level 18 of the Dungeon)
 47884 | Snake:1 | Entered Level 1 of the Snake Pit
 47935 | Snake:1 | Noticed Frances
 47945 | Snake:1 | Defeated Frances
 48109 | Snake:1 | Noticed Azrael
 48128 | Snake:1 | Defeated Azrael
 48221 | Snake:1 | Got a dazzling hammer
 48222 | Snake:1 | Identified the hammer of Nemelex Xobeh's Esteem {crush, Dex+3} (You found it on level 1 of the Snake Pit)
 48297 | Snake:1 | Reached skill 15 in Armour
 48475 | Snake:2 | Noticed Roxanne
 48872 | Snake:2 | Found a shimmering altar of Xom.
 50950 | Snake:2 | Defeated Roxanne
 50956 | Snake:2 | Got a colourful book
 50957 | Snake:2 | Identified Roxanne's Tome of the Mutagenic Mountains (You took it off Roxanne on level 2 of the Snake Pit)
 51010 | Snake:4 | Reached skill 19 in Axes
 51106 | Snake:4 | Noticed Francis
 51125 | Snake:4 | Defeated Francis
 52793 | D:15    | Reached XP level 17. HP: 142/142 MP: 30/30
 52818 | D:15    | Reached XP level 16. HP: 136/136 MP: 29/30
 52837 | D:15    | Noticed a spectral warrior
 52837 | D:15    | Noticed a flayed ghost
 52837 | D:15    | Noticed a freezing wraith
 52838 | D:15    | Noticed a flayed ghost
 52844 | D:15    | Noticed a flayed ghost
 52849 | D:15    | Defeated a flayed ghost
 52849 | D:15    | Noticed a spectral warrior
 52849 | D:15    | Noticed a freezing wraith
 53161 | D:15    | Got a fine glass ring
 53519 | D:15    | Identified the ring "Pho Sky" {AC+6} (You found it on level 15 of the Dungeon)
 54399 | Vault:1 | Entered Level 1 of the Vaults
 54464 | Vault:1 | Noticed Duane
 54475 | Vault:1 | Defeated Duane
 54475 | Vault:1 | Reached XP level 17. HP: 142/142 MP: 23/30
 54963 | Vault:2 | Found Uggeid's Book Shop.
 55248 | Vault:2 | Noticed Frederick
 55553 | Vault:1 | Gained mutation: Your mind is acute (Int +3).
 56383 | D:17    | Bought a pair of boots for 58 gold pieces
 57213 | D:20    | Noticed a shining eye
 57319 | D:20    | Reached skill 20 in Axes
 57514 | D:21    | Found Cram's Assorted Antiques.
 57514 | D:21    | Noticed Faraday's ghost
 57523 | D:21    | Defeated Faraday's ghost
 57525 | D:21    | Bought a scroll labeled JOELALENIA for 35 gold pieces
 57551 | D:21    | Found Klaudonu's Jewellery Shoppe.
 57560 | D:21    | Bought a cursed -2 ring of dexterity for 1 gold piece
 57560 | D:21    | Bought a cursed ring of hunger for 1 gold piece
 57566 | D:21    | Found Gatramu's Antique Weapon Shoppe.
 58003 | D:21    | Noticed Wayne
 58038 | D:21    | Defeated Wayne
 58158 | D:21    | Noticed Xtahua
 58328 | Vault:2 | Reached XP level 18. HP: 153/153 MP: 31/31
 58357 | Vault:2 | Defeated Frederick
 58445 | Vault:2 | Noticed Zavros' ghost
 58495 | Vault:2 | Defeated Zavros' ghost
 59024 | Vault:3 | Found a staircase to the Crypt.
 59416 | Vault:3 | Noticed a deep elf mage
 59417 | Vault:3 | Noticed a deep elf summoner
 59417 | Vault:3 | Noticed a deep elf mage
 59431 | Vault:3 | Defeated a deep elf mage
 59436 | Vault:3 | Defeated a deep elf summoner
 59437 | Vault:3 | Defeated a deep elf mage
 60439 | Elf:1   | Entered Level 1 of the Elven Halls
 60458 | Elf:1   | Found a radiant altar of Vehumet.
 60497 | Elf:1   | You are cast into the Abyss!
 60497 | Elf:1   | Cast into the Abyss (deep elf mage)
 60497 | Abyss   | Entered The Abyss
 60628 | Abyss   | Noticed a purple draconian
 60683 | Abyss   | Defeated a purple draconian
 60707 | Abyss   | Noticed a white draconian annihilator
 60713 | Abyss   | Defeated a white draconian annihilator
 60741 | Abyss   | Reached skill 21 in Axes
 61504 | Elf:1   | You pass through the gate.
 61511 | Elf:1   | You are cast into the Abyss!
 61511 | Elf:1   | Cast into the Abyss (deep elf mage)
 61555 | Abyss   | Noticed a naga warrior
 61613 | Abyss   | Lost mutation: You are agile (Dex +1).
 61621 | Abyss   | Gained mutation: Your natural rate of healing is unusually fast.
 61847 | Abyss   | Noticed a toenail golem
 62555 | Abyss   | Got a jewelled golden mace
 62616 | Abyss   | Noticed a naga mage
 62623 | Abyss   | Defeated a naga mage
 62771 | Abyss   | Noticed a flayed ghost
 62883 | Elf:1   | You pass through the gate.
 62946 | Elf:1   | Identified the Sceptre of Torment (You found it in the Abyss)
 63517 | Shoals:1 | Entered Level 1 of the Shoals
 63617 | Shoals:1 | Reached skill 10 in Shields
 63712 | Shoals:1 | Noticed Polyphemus
 63728 | Shoals:1 | Defeated Polyphemus
 64712 | Shoals:2 | Noticed Nikola
 64723 | Shoals:2 | Defeated Nikola
 65118 | Shoals:2 | Gained mutation: You are partially covered in rough black scales (AC +4, Dex -1).
 65118 | Shoals:2 | Gained mutation: Your system is resistant to poisons.
 65377 | Shoals:3 | Got a brightly glowing plate mail
 65861 | Lair:1  | Identified the +1 plate mail "Phisesch" (You found it on level 3 of the Shoals)
 66187 | Shoals:3 | Reached XP level 19. HP: 160/160 MP: 32/32
 66970 | Shoals:4 | Got an iridescent short sword
 66997 | Shoals:3 | Identified the short sword "Wepoc" {flame, rC+ SInv} (You found it on level 4 of the Shoals)
 68009 | D:17    | Bought a vibrating cloak for 234 gold pieces
 68009 | D:17    | Bought a runed shield for 175 gold pieces
 68013 | D:17    | Identified the +3 cloak of Flash (You bought it in a shop on level 17 of the Dungeon)
 68576 | Vault:4 | Reached skill 22 in Axes
 68700 | Vault:4 | Got an ancient longbow
 68774 | Vault:4 | You fall through a shaft!
 69229 | Vault:4 | Found Viadi Fizu's Armour Shop.
 69551 | Vault:4 | Noticed a deep elf mage
 69557 | Vault:4 | Defeated a deep elf mage
 70054 | Vault:5 | Found a portal to a secret trove of treasure.
 70063 | Vault:5 | You paid a toll of 1440gp to enter a treasure trove.
 70064 | trove   | Entered a treasure trove
 70090 | trove   | Got a shimmering iron amulet
 70101 | trove   | Got a pitted amethyst amulet
 70677 | Vault:5 | Found a staircase to the Hall of Blades.
 71462 | Vault:4 | Identified the longbow of Autumn {flame, Int+2} (You found it on level 4 of the Vaults)
 71468 | Vault:4 | Identified the amulet "Prupn" (You found it in a treasure trove)
 71469 | Vault:4 | Identified the amulet of Pryurch (You found it in a treasure trove)
 72323 | Blade   | Entered the Hall of Blades
 72522 | Blade   | Reached skill 23 in Axes
 72571 | Blade   | You are cast into the Abyss!
 72571 | Blade   | Cast into the Abyss (war axe of distortion)
 72766 | Abyss   | Noticed a cyan ugly thing
 72790 | Blade   | You pass through the gate.
 72815 | Blade   | Slain by a scimitar of electrocution

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 16th March 2011, 19:52

Yeah, I've permanently given up on Hall of Blades until it's significantly changed. It's simply not worthwhile for nearly any game situation. It's too deep to speed-dive to if you don't have a good way to kill things, and once you have a good way to kill things you don't need any of the weapon drops there. It gives a moderate amount of xp, but even the slowest-leveling characters can top out on xp long before they enter Zot. And no matter how strong you are, you're still dealing with super-fast, hard-hitting evasion monkeys.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 16th March 2011, 21:06

The problem with Blade is, unless you are really strapped for a +2/+2 Melee of Whatever, which is unlikely by the time you make it to the Hall of Blades, other than the XP, the reward isn't worth the trouble.

Should have several artifacts in there instead.

Dungeon Master

Post Wednesday, 16th March 2011, 21:26

Blade already got changed a bit. It's much smaller - the open hall area is now the entire level - but it has a single guaranteed rare base type of weapon (quick blade, double sword, executioner's axe, eveningstar, bardiche, lajatang) with a brand (vorpal, flaming, freezing, electrocution, vampiric, draining, venom).

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 16th March 2011, 21:34

minmay wrote:Even the slowest-leveling characters can get to XL27 before entering Zot, but not even the fastest-leveling characters can get all skills to 27 before they enter Zot. There's much more to character power than XL.

Blade is almost certainly not worth it for melee characters, but that kenku with Airstrike? Easy 30,000 XP or so.

Still a waste of time. Even in the best-case scenario, clearing Blade is a chore. Killing all the weapons is a slow and tedious process, and getting mobbed is an actual threat if you get caught out in the open by the wrong weapons. At the end of the process, you'll have the same xp you could get anywhere else but you're virtually guaranteed not to have any useful loot. Frankly I'd rather go do a random Pan level than go into Blade, because at least random Pan Lord vaults often have one or more acquirement-level items in them.

MarvinPA wrote:Blade already got changed a bit. It's much smaller - the open hall area is now the entire level - but it has a single guaranteed rare base type of weapon (quick blade, double sword, executioner's axe, eveningstar, bardiche, lajatang) with a brand (vorpal, flaming, freezing, electrocution, vampiric, draining, venom).

Oh, really? I hadn't heard. Maybe I'll check it out next time, then. Although even then, it isn't like demon blades/whips/tridents are particularly uncommon by that point.

Vestibule Violator

Post Wednesday, 16th March 2011, 22:11

Ah, condolences. The inflicted tele from a distortion weapon can be even more dangerous than banishment- and you got hit with both. And every time I've come out of the abyss after banishment, it's been on an up stairs somewhere in the level. Weird that you got dumped somewhere dangerous- I guess branch exit stairs don't count?

In addition to being nice for airstrike-able characters, Blade is also free xp for a sufficiently sneaky stabber. The weapons don't have much in the way of senses, and can't shout to alert one another if you are ever detected.

The last character I had that benefited from the actual blades in the Hall 'o Blades was a HOPr. A bunch of branded weapons + yaktaur crossbows and bolts from the Vaults just outside is a very convenient way to outfit your army.

I hadn't heard that blade had been changed in trunk, but I wholeheartedly support that. I'd been thinking myself it might be nice if blade had the ability to generate vaults with rarer base weapons. The chance for a branded quickblade or katana would definitely be worth the risk for me.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 17th March 2011, 01:21

Last time I got to Hall of Blades, there was a transparent double-sword surrounded on all sides by clear walls and sitting on a teleporter.

As a berserker of Trog, how was I to get this item?

Dungeon Master

Post Thursday, 17th March 2011, 01:36

Repeatedly try and teleport onto it with cTele. Or cast LRD anyway.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 17th March 2011, 14:46

MarvinPA wrote:Repeatedly try and teleport onto it with cTele. Or cast LRD anyway.

LRD?

Dungeon Master

Post Thursday, 17th March 2011, 14:51

XuaXua wrote:
MarvinPA wrote:Repeatedly try and teleport onto it with cTele. Or cast LRD anyway.

LRD?

Lee's Rapid Deconstruction
<+Grunt> You dereference an invalid pointer! Ouch! That really hurt! The game dies...

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 17th March 2011, 15:53

galehar wrote:
XuaXua wrote:

LRD?

Lee's Rapid Deconstruction

Cool.
Let's say I have a berserker. How am I going to get that one under my belt?

Why don't wands of disintegration work like this? They seem like "weaker" wands of digging with the option to explode weaker monsters.

Is it a random option of Tome of Destruction (just checked - nope!)?
Is there a rod that has the spell in it (just checked - nope!)?

Wondering if there should be a Rod of Deconstruction with
Digging, LRD, and maybe something else.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 17th March 2011, 15:54

MarvinPA wrote:Repeatedly try and teleport onto it with cTele.

How will that work if the tile I'm going to also has a teleporter on it? I'll never be able to pick up the weapon.

Dungeon Master

Post Thursday, 17th March 2011, 16:35

If you have cTele then you can cancel the effect of the teleport trap, pick up the weapon, then teleport yourself out again. It probably won't be worth the effort, anyway (although saying that, I got a katana of pain with rF+ and rC+ from that vault a while ago).

For this message the author Kate has received thanks:
XuaXua

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 17th March 2011, 18:33

MarvinPA wrote:If you have cTele then you can cancel the effect of the teleport trap, pick up the weapon, then teleport yourself out again. It probably won't be worth the effort, anyway (although saying that, I got a katana of pain with rF+ and rC+ from that vault a while ago).

Oh right, cancel. I kept thinking I'd be in perpetual teleport loop.

Also, I totally tried cTele several times to that spot with 100% fail. If it ever happens again, I'll try again.

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice