Animate dead while necromutated

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Halls Hopper

Post Friday, 1st November 2013, 14:23

Animate dead while necromutated

Usually when you cast animate skeleton on a corpse, you have chunks in inventory as a result.
But when this spell is being cast in lich form all the chunks are on the ground. Perhaps auto-pickup doesn't recognize them as a worthy item.
This situation forces character to spend one extra turn to pick them up for sublimation of blood.

Is it possible to change the auto-pickup behavior to pick those chunks after animate skeleton automatically?

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 1st November 2013, 14:24

Re: Animate dead while necromutated

Have you tried "autopickup_exceptions += <chunk" ?

Halls Hopper

Post Friday, 1st November 2013, 14:32

It will alter the whole behavior with chunks. I don't need them on a regular basis; only while necromutated.

But actually I'm not that strong in all that staff.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 1st November 2013, 14:36

That does sound like a bug. If you know sublimation/simulacrum, you should autopickup the chunks. I'll look at it in a bit.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 1st November 2013, 14:46

Owen wrote:It will alter the whole behavior with chunks. I don't need them on a regular basis; only while necromutated.

But actually I'm not that strong in all that staff.

As far as I know there is no option to differentiate behaviour based on character status, you would need to create something similar to this:

Code:
ae := autopickup_exceptions
if you.race() ~= "Vampire" then
ae += potions? of.*blood
: end
: if you.god() == "Nemelex Xobeh" then
ae += <deck
: end

But I am not LUA expert so I cannot help you here, I copied those settings from profiles of other players.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 1st November 2013, 15:30

Owen wrote:Usually when you cast animate skeleton on a corpse, you have chunks in inventory as a result.
But when this spell is being cast in lich form all the chunks are on the ground. Perhaps auto-pickup doesn't recognize them as a worthy item.
This situation forces character to spend one extra turn to pick them up for sublimation of blood.

Is it possible to change the auto-pickup behavior to pick those chunks after animate skeleton automatically?

One minor almost irrelevant point, pickup of chunks still takes the same 1 extra turn whether you pick them up manually or automatically.
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 1st November 2013, 15:36

Owen wrote:Usually when you cast animate skeleton on a corpse, you have chunks in inventory as a result.
But when this spell is being cast in lich form all the chunks are on the ground.

I can't reproduce this. With or without sublimation or simulacrum memorized, I pick up chunks after casting animate skeleton while in lich form. What version are you playing, and could there be another reason autopickup is disabled? Also, does this happen to every corpse you raise or just ones that generate mutating/rotting meat?

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 1st November 2013, 16:29

Siegurt wrote:

One minor almost irrelevant point, pickup of chunks still takes the same 1 extra turn whether you pick them up manually or automatically.
The entire reason this thread exists is that the animate skeleton spell specifically places the chunks in your inventory when it is cast, which does NOT take an extra turn.
However, like BlackSheep I can't actually reproduce this with lichform. I can when my natural species is undead (or vegetarian), though.

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice