Amulet of faith an Beogh

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Shoals Surfer

Post Tuesday, 29th October 2013, 12:04

Amulet of faith an Beogh

I was wondering: is there any reason to wear an amulet of faith as a follower of Beogh other then faster Piety gain and more frequent protection harm?
aka: Innameasone and electricaloddity

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 29th October 2013, 12:50

Re: Amulet of faith an Beogh

Smiting? I would switch to conservation if I had it.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Tuesday, 29th October 2013, 12:59

Lacuenta wrote:I was wondering: is there any reason to wear an amulet of faith as a follower of Beogh other then faster Piety gain and more frequent protection harm?

Unless your god gifts stuff, what else would you expect the amulet to do?

Faster piety gain is really good, though.

Vestibule Violator

Post Tuesday, 29th October 2013, 13:15

pratamawirya wrote:
Lacuenta wrote:I was wondering: is there any reason to wear an amulet of faith as a follower of Beogh other then faster Piety gain and more frequent protection harm?

Anyhow Beogh does gift stuff, he will gift you orcs when you don't have many.

For this message the author rebthor has received thanks:
pratamawirya

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 29th October 2013, 14:17

rebthor wrote:Anyhow Beogh does gift stuff, he will gift you orcs when you don't have many.

Of course, by the time you don't have many orcs with you, he'll gift you orcs that aren't powerful enough to train against the opponents you are going up against.

Or he'll gift you orcs in slime because hey, Beogh.
"Be aware that a lot of people on this forum, such as mageykun and XuaXua, have a habit of making things up." - minmay a.k.a. duvessa
Did I make a lame complaint? Check for Bingo!
Totally gracious CSDC Season 2 Division 4 Champeen!

Shoals Surfer

Post Tuesday, 29th October 2013, 16:36

pratamawirya wrote:

Faster piety gain is pretty usefull early on, but i was wondering if it will also effect stuff like: chance of orc conversion rate (for when you want Roka or the odd warlord to join you), the chance of beogh blessing a follower and, like someone else already mentioned, the gifting of orcs. edit: In other words if you already have full piety is it worth wearing?

Dungeon Master

Post Tuesday, 29th October 2013, 18:47

Lacuenta wrote:In other words if you already have full piety is it worth wearing?
There's zero reason to wear it with full piety except fearing the removal effect too much. However, it's weaker at full piety for any god, since it's only benefits become regenerating Invocation piety quicker and gifts.

There are zero special cases like orc conversion that are affect by amulets of faith. Quicker gifts and piety are the only effects.
On IRC my nick is reaverb. I play online under the name reaver, though.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 29th October 2013, 19:03

Actually gifts are not improved in any way by faith, piety is the only effect. It's just to get another gift (decrease gift time out to 0) you need to earn N piety and faith helps here.

dck

Vestibule Violator

Post Tuesday, 29th October 2013, 19:45

For gods that have very good active abilities like makh, ely, nem, trog, zin, kiku and lucy faith is normally the best amulet generated in a given game and is certainly still well worth using after hitting six stars.
Of course beogh being a terrible god means you don't get a whole lot of out of it.

Mines Malingerer

Post Tuesday, 29th October 2013, 20:28

dck wrote:For gods that have very good active abilities like makh, ely, nem, trog, zin, kiku and lucy faith is normally the best amulet generated in a given game and is certainly still well worth using after hitting six stars.
Of course beogh being a terrible god means you don't get a whole lot of out of it.

What are you talking about - Beogh is an awesome god. Just because a god isn't useful in extended doesn't mean they aren't good.

I agree that ammy of faith on a Beoghite isn't so good, though.

dck

Vestibule Violator

Post Tuesday, 29th October 2013, 20:31

Beogh is like yred but instead of being awful, boring and strong he's just awful and boring.

For this message the author dck has received thanks:
Lasty

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 29th October 2013, 20:32

dck wrote:Beogh is like yred but instead of being awful, boring and strong he's just awful and boring.
I was going to write something but I'll just say, "This."

Edit: I guess I should add that Beogh is full of flavor, but his mechanics are comparatively weak and getting the most of out your allies requires extremely fiddly behavior.

For this message the author BlackSheep has received thanks:
rebthor

Shoals Surfer

Post Tuesday, 29th October 2013, 21:19

BlackSheep wrote:
dck wrote:Beogh is like yred but instead of being awful, boring and strong he's just awful and boring.

Edit: I guess I should add that Beogh is full of flavor, but his mechanics are comparatively weak and getting the most of out your allies requires extremely fiddly behavior.

Thanx for answering my questions everyone! :)

I have to say i don't think beogh really is that boring flavorfull is a good way to put it, it is a lot of fun whatching your orcs kickass with that randart lajatang and gda you never use.
But i have to admit, compared to the strong gods it takes a lot of time (mostly interface problems) to make him work and he is pretty weak especially late game.

Mines Malingerer

Post Tuesday, 29th October 2013, 21:25

Lacuenta wrote:
BlackSheep wrote:

Thanx for answering my questions everyone! :)

I have to say i don't think beogh really is that boring flavorfull is a good way to put it, it is a lot of fun whatching your orcs kickass with that randart lajatang and gda you never use.
But i have to admit, compared to the strong gods it takes a lot of time (mostly interface problems) to make him work and he is pretty weak especially late game.

I entirely disagree. Beogh is awesome, because he's super powerful early. He's super powerful early, because you get orcs and they kill things and quickly become more powerful than you can kill. Orc Knights/Warlords early in the game get you to vaults, essentially for free. And the kicker is you don't need to train invo at all - so in addition to having some kickass allies, you have a badass melee character.

Not as good later in the game, but the early game is way harder than the late game, so it works out.

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice