How do you get Speed Demon III?

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Dungeon Master

Post Sunday, 13th October 2013, 02:46

How do you get Speed Demon III?

I just managed to get the Speed Demon I banner. :twisted: This requires that you get to D:14 in the first 27 real time minutes of your game. I used a Troll Monk to do it. I was surprised how much time I had left - around ten minutes. I decided to see how far I could go rather than try to get back up (I only made it one or two more floors).

Anyway, how would one manage to get Speed Demon III, which requires getting to D:27 in 27 minutes? Would you dip into side branches for XP? Is a hyper-optimized rc file a requirement? Nobody has done it yet this tournament, but last tournament BONNNG, jeanjacques, and Yermak managed to do it.
On IRC my nick is reaverb. I play online under the name reaver, though.

Lair Larrikin

Post Sunday, 13th October 2013, 05:34

Re: How do you get Speed Demon III?

MOST PEOPLE JUST DO IT BY PLAYING A SPEN OR VP OR SOMETHING AND GOING DOWN STAIRS WHENEVER THEY CAN AND AFTER ABOUT 200 GAMES THEY MAKE IT TO D:27 THAT WAY. YOU DON'T KILL THAT MANY THINGS (BONNNG AND JEANJACQUES WERE XL11 AND XL13 RESPECTIVELY) AND DEFINITELY DON'T DO BRANCHES. HONESTLY 27 MINUTES IS ENOUGH TIME THAT YOUR RCFILE DOESN'T MAKE MUCH DIFFERENCE UNLESS YOU ARE DOING SOMETHING LIKE PUTTING A FORCE_MORE ON EVERY MONSTER COMING INTO VIEW, OR USING A REALLY SLOW EXPLORE_DELAY, SUCH AS THE DEFAULT EXPLORE_DELAY.

For this message the author XTAHUA has received thanks: 2
Arrhythmia, Volteccer_Jack

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Sunday, 13th October 2013, 06:02

Re: How do you get Speed Demon III?

Others do it without holding down the shift key.
"Be aware that a lot of people on this forum, such as mageykun and XuaXua, have a habit of making things up." - minmay a.k.a. duvessa
Did I make a lame complaint? Check for Bingo!
Totally gracious CSDC Season 2 Division 4 Champeen!

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice