Stash question

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Dis Charger

Post Wednesday, 2nd October 2013, 20:41

Stash question

I remember being said here that when there are more than 2000 items on a level, a certain amount of them were destroyed...

My question is : how do we count items ? ie are 5 same potions one or 5 items ? Same thing for ammo...
I wouldn't like my stash to be cleared because of stashing bolts and arrows here !
Online stats
Fastest Hell runes (enter Hell branch -> get the rune)
Icy : 56 / Iron : 126 / Obsidian : 215 / Bone : 125

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 2nd October 2013, 21:27

Re: Stash question

I think stacked items count as one, and use a quantity field to keep track of the amount.

Dis Charger

Post Monday, 7th October 2013, 08:02

BlackSheep wrote:I think stacked items count as one, and use a quantity field to keep track of the amount.

quantity field ?
Online stats

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 7th October 2013, 15:32

In game-internal-speak, the "item" is "arrow", and is one item. The quantity value associated with the "item" is what makes it a stack of 27 arrows. So to utilize your example, 5 same potions (in one place) should be one item. If you scatter the same potions in different squares, they'd count as more than one item.

For this message the author BlackSheep has received thanks:
mopl

Dungeon Master

Post Monday, 7th October 2013, 16:11

Also I'm pretty sure the removal of items is part of level generation - i.e. it only happens when you first step onto a floor. It's a mechanism to prevent levels from spawning with too many items, not a limit on how many items you can take there.

For this message the author ontoclasm has received thanks:
BlackSheep

Dungeon Master

Post Monday, 7th October 2013, 16:45

ontoclasm wrote:Also I'm pretty sure the removal of items is part of level generation - i.e. it only happens when you first step onto a floor. It's a mechanism to prevent levels from spawning with too many items, not a limit on how many items you can take there.

No, it's a limit on how many items can be on a level. If you hit the limit and try to drop an item, you'll be prevented from dropping it. If do something else that creates a new item then something might get culled to make room for it, with +0 weapons and ammo being removed first.

But yes BlackSheep is correct, it's not something you're ever going to actually run into unless you decide to drop a single arrow on every square on a level.

For this message the author Kate has received thanks: 2
Amnesiac, mopl

Dis Charger

Post Monday, 7th October 2013, 18:14

MarvinPA wrote:But yes BlackSheep is correct, it's not something you're ever going to actually run into unless you decide to drop a single arrow on every square on a level.

The only thing that made me afraid was stacks...
I have in a single game used almost every launcher... and this way it is easy to have 2000 'items' (500 bolts, 500 arrows...)
Online stats

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice