Mummy Conjurer help

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Temple Termagant

Post Tuesday, 24th September 2013, 21:53

Mummy Conjurer help

I don't know how to play as one. My current one is level 3 but the lowest spell fail rate I got is 94%. Plus I couldn't eat or drink. I find that snakes do a lot of damage against me.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 24th September 2013, 22:20

Re: Mummy Conjurer help

You're likely wearing heavier armour, armour is restrictive and makes it harder to cast spells the heavier the armour, the harder it is to cast spells in. Robes provide the least protection and give the greatest freedom for spellcasting.

If you train your spellcasting schools and the spellcasting skill, your failure rate will go down, however it will take quite a while before you can cast spells in heavier armour. Also more Strength reduces the penalties associated with heavier armour, and more Intelligence generally makes you better at spellcasting.
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

For this message the author Siegurt has received thanks:
mentira

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 24th September 2013, 22:21

Also, Yes, Mummies cannot eat or drink.
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

Temple Termagant

Post Wednesday, 25th September 2013, 00:26

As MuCj, probably focusing Conjurations skill to get your spells reliable and powerful is best bet in the beginning. Spellcasting will get you more MP and let you memorize more spells, but gaining XL will do that too. Spell hunger is not an issue for you.

Also, try not to take on multiple enemies at once, and always start a fight at full MP. With no hunger clock, you have all the time you need to arrange these conditions. (Though, chunks are plentiful enough in the beginning that most races can achieve this, TBH.)

For this message the author xalles has received thanks:
mentira

Temple Termagant

Post Wednesday, 25th September 2013, 01:11

Hey guys, I'm new to the game so thanks for the advice you've been giving me. It has not occurred to me that armor had adverse effects on failure rates on casting spells because almost all the games I've played did not have failure rates for spells. So huge failure rates are not actually because I'm a mummy then.

By the way, I'm playing on Android. :D

Barkeep

Post Wednesday, 25th September 2013, 04:17

mentira wrote:So huge failure rates are not actually because I'm a mummy then.

It could be both, I'm afraid.

Or, rather: Heavy armor will tank your spell casting, and in addition to that, Mummies will have a harder time getting high enough skill levels in magic and armor (the skill) to overcome those penalties, compared to other species. This is because mummies have bad aptitudes across the board. A lower or higher aptitude here or there doesn't make a huge difference, but for a mummy it is more than that and they noticeably lag behind other species. As minmay said, Mummies are pretty bad. Outside of a few (potentially very powerful, but also very lame / boring IMO) gimmicks, mummies are for challenge games.

Vestibule Violator

Post Wednesday, 25th September 2013, 14:35

Mummy strategy: learn summoning, worship Sif, enjoy pressing 'aa' and 'ta.'

Vestibule Violator

Post Wednesday, 25th September 2013, 16:20

and into wrote:mummies are for challenge games.

Or because you're tired of dealing with food and need a break from it.

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice