Duplicate Unrands?

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Spider Stomper

Post Wednesday, 11th September 2013, 17:24

Duplicate Unrands?

Just a passing thought: Ignoring the tremendous odds stacked against it occurring, is it possible for the same unrand artefact to generate twice in a single game? If not, is anything special cased for the rings of the Octopus King?
"Making sure all that misinformation is grammatically correct since August 2011."

If you have any recommendations* regarding the Crawl Wiki, message me and I'll look into it.

* - Deletion of the Crawl Wiki is not a good recommendation.

Dungeon Master

Post Wednesday, 11th September 2013, 17:35

Re: Duplicate Unrands?

There are 8 rings of the Octopus King, each with a different main property (Regen, rF+, rC+, SustAb, Hunger-, Wiz, MP+9, rN+), and yes, they can all generate in a single game. Other unrandarts can only generate once.

Crypt Cleanser

Post Wednesday, 11th September 2013, 17:36

No and yes (There are 8 possible types that can generate, and each type can only generate once).

Spider Stomper

Post Wednesday, 11th September 2013, 17:59

Perfect, thanks! Just to clarify though, does that include if you happen to misplace one in a pool of lava or trade it in to a trove? Could a second one theoretically generate at that point?
"Making sure all that misinformation is grammatically correct since August 2011."

If you have any recommendations* regarding the Crawl Wiki, message me and I'll look into it.

* - Deletion of the Crawl Wiki is not a good recommendation.

Spider Stomper

Post Saturday, 14th September 2013, 17:20

I've never tried it but the chaos brand sometimes duplicates enemies along with their equipment. In any case it is not practical, you would need to have one enemy to hold the unrad, hit him qirh the chaos weapon and hope that he gets duplicated .

Dis Charger

Post Saturday, 14th September 2013, 18:53

minmay wrote:
MoogleDan wrote:Perfect, thanks! Just to clarify though, does that include if you happen to misplace one in a pool of lava or trade it in to a trove? Could a second one theoretically generate at that point?
No. However, if an unrandart is destroyed by leaving it in Abyss, banishing a monster carrying it, or exceeding a level's item limit, then it can generate again in Abyss (and nowhere else). I suppose you could reset Wyrmbane's enchantment this way.

What do you call exceeding a level's item ??
However what would be the point of reseting Wyrmbane's enchantment ?
Online stats
Fastest Hell runes (enter Hell branch -> get the rune)
Icy : 56 / Iron : 126 / Obsidian : 215 / Bone : 125

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice